The description reads as though carnage only does the extra radius damage from "successful melee attacks" but it seems to be doing radius damage with Serafen from his pistols. I was just shooting some barrels and it's doing radius damage to all surrounding barrels as well.

Is this intended?

The description reads as though carnage only does the extra radius damage from "successful melee attacks" but it seems to be doing radius damage with Serafen from his pistols. I was just shooting some barrels and it's doing radius damage to all surrounding barrels as well.

Is this intended?

Serafen's pistol does AoE dmg, it has nothing to do with carnage...

Edited by Kaylon

While it does not work on ranged, there are edge cases like Whispers of the Endless Path's cone AoE or on melee attacks that have a bounce effect like Eager Blade.

Tangent, but there was a funny glitch during beta where using a ranged weapon would proc carnage on the primary target, which was hilarious since I had to recheck my combat log just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating. Current patch works as intended, though, so no random +33% raw damage on ranged attacks. Was cool while it lasted.

On the plus side, Berzerkers can safely Hulk Smash while using a ranged weapon (unless it has an AoE) without worrying about their friends.  Some (not many) Barbarian abilities work off 'Weapon' Range, so using with a Range weapon works fine.

Most notably their only regular attack ability, barbaric blow.

On the plus side, Berzerkers can safely Hulk Smash while using a ranged weapon (unless it has an AoE) without worrying about their friends.  Some (not many) Barbarian abilities work off 'Weapon' Range, so using with a Range weapon works fine.

Most notably their only regular attack ability, barbaric blow.

you also miss out on the carnage bonus tough