alternative ending for nemnok quest

man, it seems so obvious that it should be a thing but...

why not set it up so you can pickpocket nemnoks amulet from him, and then he just turns into a normal imp in front of everyone, who then all walk out, disgusted.

that would be both funnier and a better alternative ending, especially given how he describes the amulet as the thing that was making him big and smart.

just make it a quest item you can pickpocket, and create that tiny change... wayyyy better.

I did not like having to hack through all those brainwashed worshippers just to bring down an imp with literal delusions of godhood.

Heck, even AFTER you have nemnok trailing you around as a pet... there is no response from the village.   I'm like, "LOOK! HE'S RIGHT THERE!"  and... nothin. 

this quest needs some polish.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 1

Yeah no response from the villagers and Arkemyr is lame. However, I wanted to help him with the imp rebellion, not pickpocket his locket. Also, if we pickpocketed it, we'd either have a really OP item, or people would complain we didn't ;)

• Like 3

nvAeseu.png

Uh Nemnok is a GIANT FLOATING imp, and the amulet is supposedly on his neck. How are you going to pickpocket that? Teleport on his head?

I would have liked to tell villagers off though for being stupid.

Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Uh Nemnok is a GIANT FLOATING imp, and the amulet is supposedly on his neck. How are you going to pickpocket that? Teleport on his head?

Watcher: hey Nemnok! Your shoes lice are open...you gonna trip !

*Nemnok bend over*

*watcher steal amulet* 

TADAM!  :dancing:

• Like 2
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

pickpocketing-beginning-end-someone-took

This is missing a bucket on the head to be true to the lore.  :grin:

• Like 1
Emissary Tar: At last, someone who looks like they could be of some assistance! The assorted boobs and dimwits around here have been of very little help.

Charname: I’m afraid you have mistaken us for someone else. I’m Dimwit, this is my good friend Boob, and behind me you’ll find Brainless and Moron. How do you do? 

Well you can pickpocket the shiny from the imp in Arkemyr's house.

nvAeseu.png

Reading the patch notes seems to indicate that thieves in the deadfire were once skilled enough to pickpocket someone's head off them. Surely these folks could steal an amulet from a floating imp.

As an aside it would be cool if Imps became a deadfire faction you could support. That would be awesome. Totally would be everyone's go to faction.

Edited by Usana
  • Like 6

As an aside it would be cool if Imps became a deadfire faction you could support. That would be awesome. Totally would be everyone's go to faction.

Ukaizo Imp Land would be a wonderous place, ruled by the legendary Nemnok and devoted to the pursuit of knowledge, freedom and shinies.

• Like 2