Did anyone ever put together a complete list of god's boons?

I know that Hylea gives you the World's Best Assortment Of Fruits And NutsTM if you helped her in PoE1, but what about the other gods? I've played with having helped Galawain, and I'm still not sure what his reward was.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

just tried it now...

man...

that God that start with R ? he give ya nothing . And Gawa god doesnt either...bunch of cheapskate ! 

Edit: Did save with Woedica + Priestess of Magran...again..Nada!

Edited by E.RedMark
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Berath gives a chime with 3 uses that have a heal and damage AoE similar to the priest Holy Radiance spell.

Galawain gives Eder +5 max HP (Xoti too I think) because they are Dyrwoodans and help against the Dragon.

Hylea gives the food.

Woedica was supposed to give +1 Power Level from game files. However, nothing happens.

Don't know about the rest.

• Like 2

I'm not sure that all of the bonus are visible / seen at the start of the game, hard to say since importing is so screwed up, and creating histories is worse...

I haven't seen any bonus from sacrificing companions (history) in the early part of the game (testing builds).

But I know selecting Gift of the Machine doesn't get you anything off the bat, while my playthrough with the #3 pre built (Gawain / make you stronger) had it... I just don't recall if it was there from start.

As for the dragon fight / assist, that could be from not blowing up the Machine in the Coral / Kraken underwater area, he did promise a boon to help you later on.

Edited by Lokithecat

Llengrath bonus would have been such a no-brainer (same with Song of the Heavens). At least for Gift from the Machine and Effigy's Resentment you need to brand your character with a decent bit of darkness.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Llengrath bonus would have been such a no-brainer (same with Song of the Heavens). At least for Gift from the Machine and Effigy's Resentment you need to brand your character with a decent bit of darkness.

It feelsbadman that your bonuses for doing good things & finding peaceful resolutions are thrown out the window.

But being a selfish, homicidal asshat?

THAT'LL GET YOU SOME POWERUPS!

Edit: to follow up, do the negative decisions involved have any actual effect in Deadfire? Other than pooling a companion that would've been in both? I haven't seen or heard anything about such, so really irritates me that rewards for being good are removed, while rewards for being evil are carried over with no real repercussions.

Edited by Seroster01
  • Like 2

well, in the world of rpg, that makes sense.

it's why most characters end up neutral/good or neutral/evil in the end.  because typically going for more power leans towards the evil side of things.

It feelsbadman that your bonuses for doing good things & finding peaceful resolutions are thrown out the window.

Being a selfish, homicidal asshat and killing Llengrath and her dragons doesn't grant you any Deadfire buff either.

You obviously see the problem though. There's a lot of "oh yeah actually berath, i was exactly the kind of watcher in poe1 that would get the most buffs in deadfire" we want to avoid, but is already present through GftM and ER. However, there is a datamined "Gift of Hope" buff that nobody to my knowledge has managed to get yet. It is my theory, and that of some others, that you're supposed to get it if you weren't an **** in exchange for buffs in PoE1. It's worth 1 con, 1 res and 10% health.

My Deadfire mods

Edit: to follow up, do the negative decisions involved have any actual effect in Deadfire? Other than pooling a companion that would've been in both? I haven't seen or heard anything about such, so really irritates me that rewards for being good are removed, while rewards for being evil are carried over with no real repercussions.

Eothas tells you have to struggle with your dark past when he gives back a part of your soul at Hosango. Besides that small and insignificant remark, nothing. No impact whatsoever so far.

Have you noted what he says in the same dialogue if you were a nice guy? I really think Gift of Hope should come from that.

My Deadfire mods

it's why most characters end up neutral/good or neutral/evil in the end. because typically going for more power leans towards the evil side of things.

I don't ever remember having a character in a game end up evil that I didn't intend to from the start. And in most CRPGs I've played since cross-sequel continuity became the norm, there have been as many or more benefits for being good as for being evil in the vast m as majority of them.

it's why most characters end up neutral/good or neutral/evil in the end. because typically going for more power leans towards the evil side of things.

I don't ever remember having a character in a game end up evil that I didn't intend to from the start. And in most CRPGs I've played since cross-sequel continuity became the norm, there have been as many or more benefits for being good as for being evil in the vast m as majority of them.

the your dms were much much more forgiving than any I played with.

steal something, even if you don't get caught?

that means more power for you... at the same time it shifts your alignment ever so slightly more towards evil.

dms, and games in general, tend to be very soft on alignment issues these days I guess.

everytime I see this topic...I keep reading it as 'God's Goones'  :brows:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Yeah, I noticed. I made a Benevolent Soul story mode console-cheating character trying to get Gift of Hope, but it's tiresome to experiment. I'm thinking it might involve [also] helping the Dawnstars, but at the same time I recall the two "evil" buffs were rather straightforward to get in PoE1 and not hidden behind a series of very specific decisions. The fact I haven't seen anyone mention getting the buff makes me think it's either bugged, not implemented or indeed hidden behind a series of very specific decisions.

Actually, the datamined Gift of Hope description says you get it from Eothas. I'll see if I can get something out of a techie.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods

• 2 weeks later...

We managed to attract some Obsidian attention to a thread about talents that seem to be missing from the game.

Here's what I got back from the devs:

"Josh wanted to reward players with a passive talent if the didnt sacrifice anyone to the blood pool. For one reason or another, later on that passive was never awarded to the player in dialogue, and was cut as a resolution to a bug on Josh."

Thats all the info they'd impart with me :)

So yeah, at least this much of a good reward was meant to exist and hopefully will one day. That means +1 con +1 res +10% health instead of the sacrificed companion's buff. Note that we weren't told we'd have to give up on Gift from the Machine for it though.

My Deadfire mods