If you want kill things Nalpazca Rogue Berzerker is probably better.

Please tell me how to make this triple-class character. :w00t:

The Unity Console from Nexus mods.

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

I've been enjoying my Spiritualist (Cipher Ascendant / Troubadour Chanter) support build with the story companions. My main goal is to provide support through summons, charms, and other debuff/crowd control spells. Why fight a battle that someone else can fight for you, eh?

EDIT: With this run, I am mainly focusing on alchemy, but if I were to do it again, I'd probably focus on explosives for even more crowd control possibilities.

EDIT 2: I've been played this character as a ranged character, so it might not be what the OP considers fun.

Ooh, I've been trying to figure out my 'Animancer' play through and this might be a contender. Nice Mastermind/Puppet master vibe

I've been enjoying my Spiritualist (Cipher Ascendant / Troubadour Chanter) support build with the story companions. My main goal is to provide support through summons, charms, and other debuff/crowd control spells. Why fight a battle that someone else can fight for you, eh?

EDIT: With this run, I am mainly focusing on alchemy, but if I were to do it again, I'd probably focus on explosives for even more crowd control possibilities.

EDIT 2: I've been played this character as a ranged character, so it might not be what the OP considers fun.

Ooh, I've been trying to figure out my 'Animancer' play through and this might be a contender. Nice Mastermind/Puppet master vibe

Yep. Summon Wurms/Skeletons (preferably Wurms since they stick around longer) and go to town with Whispers of Treason in the beginning. Makes most fights a breeze, as the enemies end up killing each other and then being killed by your summons.

The toughest foes for this build are the ones with high will, as they are harder to charm, even with high perception. Thus, if you're going in a party, I recommend carrying a couple alpha strikers, like Maia & Aloth with certain wizard spells, and give Eder/the tank the Club modal to drop the will scores of paladins and other willful front-liners. Or just charm a rogue and watch him work.

Still, I've had decent success with this build. Gorecci Street fight was fairly easy (level 4, did all quests except GS w/ Ilari beforehand), even with letting the mage use all its spells. Could've (probably should've) had my wurms focus on the mage to kill it quickly; yes, I took the wurms before the paralysis invocation since I have Mental Binding. The drake fight in the digsite was easy, too; did it on my first try. So far, I haven't run into a challenge that couldn't be beaten by keeping my meatshields, erm, companions alive and spamming charms and summons. Even the Xaurip skirmisher & drake fight on the uncharted island with the Cavern of Xuar Tuk-Tuk wasn't too bad once I decided to charm the drake from stealth.

If you're wondering about stats, I prioritized DEX, PER, & INT. My stat spread was 10 MIG, 8 CON, 19 DEX, 19 PER, 19 INT, 3 RES with a Pale Elf, athough a Wood Elf should do just fine. The whole point of my spread is that this character is focused on casting long-lasting summons & charms that hit fast and reliably. Ascendant's bonus is nice, but the sheer amount of focus it provides is what makes it worth it, even with the -1 power level. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

EDIT: Just realized I might want to make this a separate topic so as not to distract from the OP's focus on tough builds. Will be doing that shortly. EDIT3: I am considering waiting until I complete the game before posting a separate "class build"-type thread.

EDIT 2: I am just now approaching the mid-game at this point, but I'm excited for what is to come. This build has been fun to play.

Edited by hansvedic
  • Like 2

Maybe it's just me misunderstanding that "pairing", but you can't multiclass a cipher and pick time parasite, if you meant pairing it with another character then why not just make that other character be the solo class cipher so you can build something fun instead. 

Domination is a huge part of ciphers. The only uniquely great thing about ciphers is that they can use charm way before and better than anyone else. That being said I'm all for nerfing or removing the charm abilities, but then the least they should do is totally rework the whole cipher class. In PoE other caster classes were burdened by their per rest abilities so the cipher totally made sense, but now I'd never pick a cipher over a wizard for an example if I want to make a multiclass character. 

With the soul annihilation nerf they tried to fix a problem just to create a new one. Most people preferred the soulblade for multi purposes because soul annihilation was just way too good. So good that it totally outcompeted the rest of the cipher abilities. Now with the halved damage they turned that around, it doesn't worth the focus spent when you can just use a cipher ability that does better damage anyway and it's available for every cipher subclass.

So while cipher(soulblade) characters are still powerful and can be fun for some, it's nowhere near where it should be. I mean cipher was my favorite class in PoE, but now I only finished the game with it because I wanted to see the unique cipher dialogues. :|

funny, but my inquisitor was using time parasite all the time late game.  don't know where you got the idea that mulitclassing ciphers don't get that spell.  it's level 8, not level 9.

and again, right above your post, I made a very detailed argument about how ciphers are a LOT more than just dominate and charm.

did you even read it?

*shrug*

I'll make sure to ignore your response in kind. ;)

Maybe it's just me misunderstanding that "pairing", but you can't multiclass a cipher and pick time parasite, if you meant pairing it with another character then why not just make that other character be the solo class cipher so you can build something fun instead. 

Domination is a huge part of ciphers. The only uniquely great thing about ciphers is that they can use charm way before and better than anyone else. That being said I'm all for nerfing or removing the charm abilities, but then the least they should do is totally rework the whole cipher class. In PoE other caster classes were burdened by their per rest abilities so the cipher totally made sense, but now I'd never pick a cipher over a wizard for an example if I want to make a multiclass character. 

With the soul annihilation nerf they tried to fix a problem just to create a new one. Most people preferred the soulblade for multi purposes because soul annihilation was just way too good. So good that it totally outcompeted the rest of the cipher abilities. Now with the halved damage they turned that around, it doesn't worth the focus spent when you can just use a cipher ability that does better damage anyway and it's available for every cipher subclass.

So while cipher(soulblade) characters are still powerful and can be fun for some, it's nowhere near where it should be. I mean cipher was my favorite class in PoE, but now I only finished the game with it because I wanted to see the unique cipher dialogues. :|

funny, but my inquisitor was using time parasite all the time late game.  don't know where you got the idea that mulitclassing ciphers don't get that spell.  it's level 8, not level 9.

and again, right above your post, I made a very detailed argument about how ciphers are a LOT more than just dominate and charm.

did you even read it?

*shrug*

Your inquisitor was using time parasite all the time, huh? Funny, cause no, multiclass characters don't get access to both level 8 and 9 spells. If you simple create a random multiclass character in 3 minutes you will see little locks to the right of those spell tiers. 

Edited by antoniokolano
  • Like 1

funny, but my inquisitor was using time parasite all the time late game. don't know where you got the idea that mulitclassing ciphers don't get that spell. it's level 8, not level 9.

did you even read it?

*shrug*

Multclass doesn’t access to 8, 9 level ability, and time parasite is lvl 8 spell. Maybe u shall learn to read first :)

• Like 1

You can always use top tier scrolls (L15 Arcana) and feel like wizard or druid / priest (no matter what class you selected), unlike poe 1 scrolls are really cheap

Not really, because scrolls can't be empowered...

Do you really need to empower L15 scrolls ? :D You can cast 5 five of them per fight with multi-class character

• Like 1

Solo PotD builds: The Glanfathan Soul Hunter (Neutral seer. Dominate and manipulate your enemies), Harbinger of Doom (Dark shaman. Burn and sacrifice, yourself and enemies for Skaen sake)

Im running an evoker+kind wayfarer build so far with Sun & Moon, Evocation gloves, and Ninagauth's Teachings, and it's pretty strong AoE wise and fun to use (a bit heavy on the micro-management though).

Basically using Fire and Frost spells from Ninagauth's Teachings depending on what buff is currently running on Sun and Moon. The paladin class is just there for Eternal Devotion heals and tankiness on the front lines.

Pale elf as a race helps with not having to worry much about hitting yourself with Rolling Flames bouncing back into my face lol.

So far, I've made 3 builds that can solo 1.1 POTD with Level Scaling Mod (you can get it in Nexus)

Once you get the game, it's pretty easy to make broken builds. My builds don't even need the op arcana/alchemy based builds. The thing is, I would stay quiet because Obsidian is known to look at forums and nerf abilities of the posted builds. Maybe once all the patching is done, then I'll share my 3 builds. It looks like no one has made any of my 3 builds yet so I'm pretty happy about that as it means what I thought of seems to be unique. 

Edited by giftmefood

How many blessings do you use and how often do you abuse choke points

The only blessing you will ever need is the blessing that gives you +2 to all stats. That way you can have 20 3 stats while leave the other 3 stats to 10. So in character creation you would go ie. 18 might, 18 per, 18 int and 8 on everything else. When the game starts you get 20 might, 20 per, 20 int and 10 on everything else. 

And the good thing about my builds are they involve 0 cheesing or abuse of game mechanics whatsoever. I like to have straight up slugging fights with no stealth cheese, no choke point cheese, no op arcana scrolls, no op alchemy potions. Just a clean build + the right equipments.

Also, if you are a hardcore min maxer like me I suggest you get the unity console on Nexus Mods. It allows you to make builds from scratch. There is a cheat to change your classes, increase your levels, give you the items you need. You can pretty much try out any build your mind conjures. And there will be a lot you'd wanna try! That way you will know what skills works and what skills don't work.

Also there are console commands ingame with ` then iroll20s then there is a console command that spawns monsters. So for Guardian of ukaizo it would be spawprefabatmouse cre_ukaizo_guardian. That way you can test your new build in how it handles different kinds of enemies. 

Edited by giftmefood
  • Like 1

I am really looking forward to such builds and in particular screenshots/videos of them in action. 

Let me just note, because why not, that it always triggers me when I read "this or that technique is cheese" but my unkillable build is legit. If a solo character can walk somewhere and kill everything just like that, its the pinnacle of cheese from where I sit because its God-mode. 

Edited by knownastherat

So far, I've made 3 builds that can solo 1.1 POTD with Level Scaling Mod (you can get it in Nexus)

Once you get the game, it's pretty easy to make broken builds. My builds don't even need the op arcana/alchemy based builds. The thing is, I would stay quiet because Obsidian is known to look at forums and nerf abilities of the posted builds. Maybe once all the patching is done, then I'll share my 3 builds. It looks like no one has made any of my 3 builds yet so I'm pretty happy about that as it means what I thought of seems to be unique. 

there are plenty builds that can do this. builds made to outlast the enemies can solo the game. a look thru the skill list and most people with common sense can make a build that can do this. not sure why u act like its some big secret

they are just boring because most people want to kill really fast and see big numbers.

• Like 1

If you're using Berath Blessings, meh. Free gold or free levels or free +2 to all stats is not what I would consider when trying to set myself a challenge or think of clever builds. The game's full of brokenly generous bonuses already.

• Like 2