Idea-Beraths Blessing: Customize Companions

What do you guys think of a Beraths Blessing that allows more options with your party companions. I know a lot of people would like to change their stats, but even more than that I would love to have all available subclasses/classes for them. Perhaps changing racial passives as well. I love experimenting with party compositions but I miss having the characters along for the ride. 

Anyone have insight as to whether that is a legitimate proposition? Would it be easy to implement? What would be a fair cost to be able to do it?

I know this gets brought up a lot but I would love to have a discussion on how to implement it in a way that the designers might accept. I think there are a decent number of people who would love to see it.

I am looking forward most towards more than 3 class combo, i like Eder, but want to experiment with no swashbucker.

Xoti Priest/Chanter or Priest/KindWayferer would be great addition to the party

Adding more tickbox and creating progress table for more than 3 options it is some work, but not the hard one

Yes there are mods for that, but if many ppl are using same mod for same purpose, maybe it is time to put it into the game.

Some companions need label text "this is class we really recommend for new players" so we can ignore it or "have you heard that multiclassing is not recommended for new players?" stay informed.

Edited by evilcat

It would be nice if Berath's blessing would allow you to play Icewind Dale style—make a whole party from the beginning. Sure, it would mess up balance in the beginning of the game, but after playing through everything a couple of times, it might be a nice change of pace.

• Like 1

It would be nice if Berath's blessing would allow you to play Icewind Dale style—make a whole party from the beginning. Sure, it would mess up balance in the beginning of the game, but after playing through everything a couple of times, it might be a nice change of pace.

To be fair, the 5000g Berath's Blessing effectively does that as you can make a beeline straight to Port Maje and hire 4 adventurers. Downside is they'll be 1 level lower than you, but the experience needed per level is minuscule if you start at level 1 and still small if you use the Berath's Blessing to start at level 4, so the gap in levels gets closed quickly and then you just have a tiny bit of stagger of a few thousand xp when hitting a new level. With XP in the game capped at 190,000, the 3000xp gap or whatever it ends up being is insignificant in the grand scheme of things

• Like 1

you can create completely customized companions with whatever class combos you wish right now.

just use the Uconsole mod over on nexus mods.  will NOT affect achievements, and you can create whatever custom class you want for anyone in the game, including yourself.  want to be a marine druid like Tekehu?  no problem.

I've been playing the whole game with it and have run into zero problems.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

I mostly used it to do things like tweak Serafen into being assassin/beguiler which I thought fit him much better.  made aloth into a pure evoker, eder into

you can also use it to modify your grimoire, so you don't have to carry a bunch of different ones around.  you can just customize any grimoire to have the spells you want in it.

tons and tons of other options.  guy has done a great job with it.

Edited by Ichthyic
  • Like 3

you can create completely customized companions with whatever class combos you wish right now.

just use the Uconsole mod over on nexus mods. will NOT affect achievements, and you can create whatever custom class you want for anyone in the game, including yourself. want to be a marine druid like Tekehu? no problem.

I've been playing the whole game with it and have run into zero problems.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2

I mostly used it to do things like tweak Serafen into being assassin/beguiler which I thought fit him much better. made aloth into a pure evoker, eder into

you can also use it to modify your grimoire, so you don't have to carry a bunch of different ones around. you can just customize any grimoire to have the spells you want in it.

tons and tons of other options. guy has done a great job with it.

This.

The very first thing i did was adding subclasses to companion. Baseline classes for most of them is just too stupid to be true.