Dark Side Abilities

• 2 weeks later...

i dunno about new ones, but it would be great to use old ones during conversation. for example, using fear to intimidate a person... or force choke to get your point across.

It's very hard to be polite if you're a cat.

I heard about Force Crush, which I will definately use for my LS dude, along with force choke...but about Battle Meditation, where did you hear that it's a DS power? I think that it would be a neutral power...and about Fury, never heard of it...but I've heard about Rage for the wookies...Thank you Devs, for doing it all for the wookies...

I'd like to see a mild use of Force Persuade in conversations. Remember how Palpatine always stokes someone's ego to make them see his view? Ie "someday you will be the strongest of all Jedi". Pride leading to resentment is placed in Anakin, and he works towards Palpatine's goals on his own without much further monitoring.

Instead of being blatant and saying "you will do this", do something like praise the person and suggest things that would suit your cause (instill ambition, resentment to leaders/organisations) then reinforce it by making that person feel good by Force Persuade. That way it would be easier than comletely overriding that person's ethics and it would give the person longer-lasting reasons to aid you. Instead of a one-off thing, the NPC would continue striving towards that direction where you prompted him/her.

It might give you a useful ally which could turn out later in the game, giving the player the feel that their action earlier on made a difference. This subtle prompting might give a malaevolent and cunning feel to the Dark side, which is what it's all about. Sith = cunning (after all, they're 2 against the whole Jedi), which is what it's all about.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

I thought Palpatine was using his Pursuade skill then rather than Force Pursuade. He doesn't do any hand waving.

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!