Does PoE2:Deadfire run a lot slower for you than PoE1?

So, after the patch, I finally decided to give the game a go. My computer is a bit old, but it had no difficulties with PoE1. And judging by the System Requirements, it shouldn't have major difficulties with PoE2, either. But the fact is, it's slow as heck. And I mean really slow. Like everything is running at 25% of PoE1 speed, maximum. Obviously, the game is unplayable like this.

I tried toning down the graphics (from high to medium), but nothing changed.

Has anybody else experienced something like this? Feedback would be much appreciated.

It generally runs about the same for me. Try turning the graphics all the way down and disabling all the options, and lowering your resolution to as low as it'll go. It's not as pretty, but the baseline of the game is fairly pretty as it is

Ok, I did try turning everything as low as possible, and things suddenly became very manageable. (Actually, I did keep the original resolution.)

So, thanks! I might start enabling things one at a time in an attempt to see which one causes problems. If there indeed is one.

yeah , my loading time is slow.....in comparaison to POE1 where it load really fast . But other then that , game is smooth with everything maxed . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Running on exactly same computer as did run just before release of POE 2

POE 2 generally loads about same time maybe slightly faster. Speed of game is mostly constant as long as windows doesn't decided to do something in background. 

So for me not issues that not been bugs. 

Incase anyone reads this suggest giving games priority I already do and every time windows updates resets most settings. I hate windows.  :banghead: