Is that the one with the looters?

I also got annihilated the first time I went there.

I was approaching from the north, so I went and hid behind the nearby house (to the left, from the north entrance).

Then I sent my tank out to lure the enemies to my group.

This denies the enemies the ability to fire upon your group from the raised platform, and makes it just a little easier to surround and focus on individual targets without exposing your team so much.

For me this was enough to make the encounter rather trivial.

I failed in 3, returned in 4 with Aloth, failed again.

Then, like already suggested, I passed the group to the left while they were warning to kill witnesses. It became trivial.

Maybe is also possible doing in 3 if splitting the group like in this way, but don't know.

The problem is if you also want to kill their boss. I did after recruiting Serafen(barb).

Didn't know you can sneak from different location, really nice :)

CzSyX91.jpg

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

I fought just looters on the square, made peace with Ilari and his band.  Pulling them to the north edge  cancelled their advantage of postition and made slog zone work for me.

Single pistol helps a lot with accuracy. When they get close, flanking.

gorecci_1.png   gorecci_2.png   gorecci_3.png

If you enter the area from the overworld map instead of Port Maje Harbour you will start at the bottom of the map, which makes it really easy to sneak over to talk to the quest elf guy wjats-his-name, which you can solve peacefully if you like. Then backtracking to the main area with the well there's enough distance between you and the ranged attackers to pull the melee guys in first, then focus on the ranged guys once they finally slog through slow zone to catch you :)

Most tricks have been discussed, yeah. Enter from south, split them up, etc. When you're level 3 and maybe still running solo or even two, it's mathematically suicidal to charge into the whole group.

You can potentially just sneak past them and talk to the boss if you prefer.

How much harder is this than Veteran mode? Because I clear the area in under a minute on Veteran with no one even close to going down.

In my first playthrough I did this on Veteran also, but with only Xoti, because I had Eder sacrificed in PoE I. It was challenging, but far from impossible.

Edited by AeonsLegend

How much harder is this than Veteran mode? Because I clear the area in under a minute on Veteran with no one even close to going down.

In my first playthrough I did this on Veteran also, but with only Xoti, because I had Eder sacrificed in PoE I. It was challenging, but far from impossible.

On PotD there should be around 7 - 8 enemies. They don't give xp or decent loot, so sneak by and speak to the boss. After that, you can still loot the place.