Stealing Snake Eyes' dice asap, triggers a dialogue not supposed to

mammasaura

Question

EDIT: I add another error with Snake Eyes' dialogue.

Hi,

if you steal the "peculiar dice" from Snake Eyes as you arrive in Fort Darklight, it will allow a dialogue supposed to only appear after talking to Mirke.

The dialogue is about knowing Ancret's gamble problem.

Also: the line "Your dice are weighted", doesn't appear after talking to Mirke and stealing the dice.

yL7A9nV.jpg

After talking with Mirke, another option appears, the answer notifies the giving and the removing of reputation at the same time.

OG0CsdD.jpg

Edited by mammasaura

CzSyX91.jpg

7 answers to this question

Similarly I just got to this area, I snuck in so I've talked to nobody. I go up to "Unlucky Ancret" And this dialogue option appears with no context. Without searching around the area, I would have no idea who "Snake Eyes" is nor have I talked to anybody of that name. Why would my character even have this option? I'm assuming the dialogue in this area was looked at in June of last year for errors but what is this? If It's intentional, it makes no sense.

v0Uz8RD.png

Furthermore, another issue...
This entire interaction confuses me; When I talk to Snake Eyes for the first time without pickpocketing the dice, you are able to [Roll the dice around in your hand.] "Your dice are weighted."

And then he's surprised that I have the dice? Indicating I picked them from his pocket rather than up off the floor as he had just thrown them onto the ground?

But if I instead start by picking the rigged dice from his pocket, he rolls dice on the ground and calls the number without looking at them (seen with perception) ...so does he have multiple sets of rigged dice that I somehow can't pickpocket or is this another error? This entire thing is an absolute mess.

Edited by DiabloStorm

Delving further, having not interacted or talked to Snake Eyes at all...this dialogue option shows up seemingly unintended.
cA4NPal.png

I found and talked to Mirke prior to interacting with either of these two this time, Went to Ancret first (After Mirke), I have not pickpocketed any rigged die, I have not talked to or interacted with snake eyes. Mirke revealed snake eyes is good at rigging, option 2 seems fine given the information my character has from Mirke.

Edited by DiabloStorm

The rabbit hole goes even further... I made absolutely no mention of any rigged dice, only that Snake eyes said she couldn't roll a 7 if a gun was to her head yet she runs after him and exclaims she knows about the rigged dice? Huh?
TEB5zdE.png

This is after I jumped through all the buggy dialogue hoops with snake eyes and then stole his die. Also, I have no idea if it was intended for him to always lose his roll and then I randomly gain reputation for no reason, but he lost his roll and it was before I had stolen his die from him. Looking above at the original post in here it would seem there is some option to lose reputation through dialogue with him, but I didn't see it, so perhaps that rep loss was in error.

Edited by DiabloStorm

Hey mammasaura,

Thanks for the post and the assist w finding this! Ill be sure it is in our system if it is not already, good catch :)

Best,

-Caleb

Could you please take another look at this because everything is seriously broken with the dialogue in this area.

Edited by DiabloStorm

Using this line of dialogue allows you to just walk right past her...whether you choose to say you know what she's talking about or not leads to the same outcome. But if you go to the ramparts and come back she speaks of warning you again. This is literally my first playthrough here, I'm assuming something was supposed to happen when they suspect you aren't of the principi? Nothing happens though. The same thing occurs if that guy you challenge to drink under the table suspects you are an outsider, he calls over somebody, they never come and nothing happens...broken triggers for both?

TMS9KB9.png