Got to express my greatest admiration to the developers since playing as a most non-combat-oriented multi - mage/rogue doesnt feel gimped, and generally is a great experience. Same character in BG2 or NWN would be carried by party members, but POE2 is balanced in a way that is suitable to roleplay.

Remember the limited number of spells that work with sneak attack in dnd? Remember how you ended up with the most restricted build of them all ever? POE2 does rogue/mage right, and that's why i love it. I dont have dps - I have burst, I have my roleplay and it feels great.

• Like 1

Hm... but Sneak Attack doesn't work with spells at all in Deadfire. So that can't be your argument pro Deafire and against D&D.

Sneak, deathblow or backstab don't work with spells but some people thing it's the case (saw it in some youtube builds). Only assassin subclass add a bonus to spell, perhaps it is what the OP talk about.

• Like 1

That ability is called Assassinate though, not Sneak Attack. But it's nice with spells that you can cast out of stealth (which are all damaging spells afaik) and invisibility.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods