Two-handed weapons need twice as many ingredients for upgrading

Zap Gun For Hire

Question

So I was messing around with modding the crafting system and I noticed something interesting.  It appears that all two-handed weapons need twice the amount of raw materials and gold to apply an upgrade.  This is for both the Fine/Exceptional/Superb/Legendary upgrade paths as well as the various unique upgrades a weapon might qualify for.

My question is: Is this working as intended?  And if this is as intended, is there any way to mod the game so two-handed weapons don't need twice the materials/coin to apply an upgrade?

5 answers to this question

FWIW, this is exactly how it worked in the first game

Ah, I don't think I ever noticed that in PoE I.  Thanks for the info.

Still, would be nice to find out if it is possible to mod Deadfire so upgrading two-handed weapons doesn't require double the ingredients/gold, as well as how to do it if it is possible. 

And if it isn't possible right now, maybe a feature request to add to the crafting/modding engine?   Might as well add one more request to the list, right? ;)

Actually it makes sense in terms of abstract game-balance.

Upgrading a set of weapons - regardles if it's a single 2H weapon, 2 one-handers or sword-and-broad - should cost the same amount of resources.

Otherwise I'm sure there would be complains from some dual-wielding rogues about them having to pay twice as much as some greatsword swinging paladin just to stay relevant.

Except that 2h weapons are still worse than any of: 1h, 1h+shield, dual-wield. So 2hs apparently suck even more than I thought.

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?