Constant Crash and perfomance issues

DannSann

Question

This game crashes. A lot.

I'm yet to discover what causes the constant crashes, for they occur in a variety of situations, such combat, entering or exiting a map or just walking across Neketaka. The game freezes, then crashes. Several perfomances issues make the game completely unstable. I play saving every 3 minutes, just waiing to a crash, I love this game and want to keep playing, this just need to be fixed. 

The Crash Logs ate atached.

PoE II.zip

Edited by DannSann

15 answers to this question

I'm in the same situation. Crashing every 10/20 minutes without fail. Sometimes it'll close the game, crashing to desktop. Sometimes it'll freeze my entire pc and requires a hard reset. The recent patch did nothing to help. I've spent more time looking for a fix than playing the game itself.

Edited by Disdam
  • Like 2

I'm in the same situation. Crashing every 10/20 minutes without fail. Sometimes it'll close the game, crashing to desktop. Sometimes it'll freeze my entire pc and requires a hard reset. The recent patch did nothing to help. I've spent more time looking for a fix than playing the game itself.

Same; game continues to crash ... info sent to Ob support ... really just looking to see if anyone has a fix for this.  I feel like I have tried every troubleshooting technique on the interweb so far.  Open to suggestions.

Same; game continues to crash ... info sent to Ob support ... really just looking to see if anyone has a fix for this.  I feel like I have tried every troubleshooting technique on the interweb so far.  Open to suggestions.

Is your game installed on an SSD? I was able to fix my crashing by uninstalling from my SSD and installing it on my HDD.

Is your game installed on an SSD? I was able to fix my crashing by uninstalling from my SSD and installing it on my HDD.

already on hdd; uninstalled and reinstalled 2-3 times already; no access to ssd right now :(

Does the game crash on character creation screen for you?

It's not a solution but you can try the following if you haven't already. Create Pillars profile in Nvidia control panel. Set these options there - vsync off, triple buffering - off, thread optimization - on. Launch the game and set these graphic options - vsync off, ambient occlusion - off.

Does the game crash on character creation screen for you?

It's not a solution but you can try the following if you haven't already. Create Pillars profile in Nvidia control panel. Set these options there - vsync off, triple buffering - off, thread optimization - on. Launch the game and set these graphic options - vsync off, ambient occlusion - off.

I will try that ... at this point, the game freezes up after ~ 7 min just on the title menu (campfire stops moving, screen freeze, game still operating in the background

So does it crash during character creation? Start a new game and check it out.

Also after a crash check windows event viewer for any error messages. There could be an error message like this - display driver has stopped responding and has recovered.

One known solution to game frezes is to downclock your GPU. If your GPU is overclocked, you can set it back to factory frequencies in Nvidia control panel. If it's not OCed, then this **** shouldn't be happening. You can still try to underclock it manually with MSI afterburner. Like 100 Mhz or something should do the trick.

Greetings,

My apology for the random crashes you are experiencing :) I can understand the sheer frustration and want to assist in the matter. Please, would if be possible for you to forward your crash logs to us:

https://support.obsidian.net/article/20-how-do-i-report-a-bug

Cheers.

The crash logs were added to the post!

Also after a crash check windows event viewer for any error messages. There could be an error message like this - display driver has stopped responding and has recovered.

One known solution to game frezes is to downclock your GPU. If your GPU is overclocked, you can set it back to factory frequencies in Nvidia control panel. If it's not OCed, then this **** shouldn't be happening. You can still try to underclock it manually with MSI afterburner. Like 100 Mhz or something should do the trick.

screen freeze in walk up to pallid knight:

error msg is there

note: I am rocking an HP laptop with HD 4600, never had an issue before 1.1

Edited by nerotoren

screen freeze in walk up to pallid knight:

error msg is there

note: I am rocking an HP laptop with HD 4600, never had an issue before 1.1

Uninstalled graphics driver and re-installed with forced updated software (before, device manager always said that driver was updated) ... so far, so good ... 1+ hour of gameplay and no crash *fingers crossed*

thanks for taking the time to offer halp; I really appreciate it (someday I will save for a decent desktop for games)

I replayed all the way to Neketaka to check if they had fixed a conversation trigger with Xoti in the Old Ruins. Can't even check it now because the game crashes on the lift to the Old City.
Ohwell. Next patch when?

The game is almost umplayable for me, 4 crashes in less than 30 minutes, all in the Undercroft and Old City, the game freeze wih no response at all...

Have you tried updating your GPU drivees like the patient above? It's usually the first thing support tells you when **** like this happen. It can work sometimes. You can use DDU to uninstall your old drivers.

• Like 1

Greetings,

My apology for the random crashes you are experiencing :) I can understand the sheer frustration and want to assist in the matter. Please, would if be possible for you to forward your crash logs to us:

https://support.obsidian.net/article/20-how-do-i-report-a-bug

Cheers.

Even more Logs...

Cheers!

PoE II.zip