I don't think there really is a consensus yet. Personally, I think most of the changes/nerfs were warranted or at least understandable. There are a few I definitely don't agree with though, like the beckoner and wild strike nerfs. Either way, if PoE1 is anything to go by this is likely just the first of a few balance passes we are likely to see.

the problem with a lot of combinations is always balancing because nerving is usually based around the most insane combo-synergy you can build which might not represent at all 99% of the possible combinations or builds...so you might nerve one thing to normal and at the same time nerve 50 other builds to sub-par

I think some nerfs are warranted but imo they overdid it instead of slightly adapting stuff and go from there they came with the big hammer (which always irritates me, how can it be that you need to nerf something that hard and didn't see the issue beforehand)

what annoys me the most is that flames of devotion was nerved - again - as it was already nerved in the beta...i can not get over that one for sure

Edited by Nemesis7884
  • Like 1

Consensus was never an option. Not in video games.

Not as much have changed, you can play generally good build pre patch, unless it uses cheese, or specific weapon it is probably still good.

General:

Avoid:

Beckoner

SoulBlade

WizardsSunclass (no change here)

Shifter

GoodTime for:

Rogues

Berserker Barbarian

If fighter then less mob stance, more conqueror stance.

Monk, If ranged than Lighting Strikes. But Melee swift furry is better. Otherwise, still good.

I don't think there really is a consensus yet. Personally, I think most of the changes/nerfs were warranted or at least understandable. There are a few I definitely don't agree with though, like the beckoner and wild strike nerfs. Either way, if PoE1 is anything to go by this is likely just the first of a few balance passes we are likely to see.

Yeah, this is just the first balance pass.

Consensus was never an option. Not in video games.

Not as much have changed, you can play generally good build pre patch, unless it uses cheese, or specific weapon it is probably still good.

General:

Avoid:

Beckoner

SoulBlade

WizardsSunclass (no change here)

Shifter

GoodTime for:

Rogues

Berserker Barbarian

If fighter then less mob stance, more conqueror stance.

Monk, If ranged than Lighting Strikes. But Melee swift furry is better. Otherwise, still good.

I think the OP meant the general consensus post patch as far as things go. I see a lot of people complaining on the patch notes thread about the nerfs, but it's the first balance pass and it's not as big a deal for me as I like to play on relaxed.

Not perfect, but it makes the game difficult enough for builds to actually matter, and it also tones down some obviously superpowered things. Good.

• Like 1

A lot of the stuff that was over performing has been balanced down, difficulty has been tuned up, and now people are waiting for the patch that fixes things which are under performing. This means that some classes are in a weird place where they've gotten their nerfs but are still waiting for their buffs.

What avoid Soulblade:/?

Soul Annihilation damage was basically cut in half. I don't agree that they are now in "avoid" territory though, as soulblade with draining whip mixed with pretty much any martial class is still going to be a very effective damage dealer.

Soul Annihilation damage was basically cut in half. I don't agree that they are now in "avoid" territory though, as soulblade with draining whip mixed with pretty much any martial class is still going to be a very effective damage dealer.

I think the issue is more that for any situation where you have 60 focus to cast disintegration/amplified wave or use soul annihilation, you're probably better off using disintegration. For an ability that is supposed to define the subclass, its not that great anymore.

I think the issue is more that for any situation where you have 60 focus to cast disintegration/amplified wave or use soul annihilation, you're probably better off using disintegration. For an ability that is supposed to define the subclass, its not that great anymore.

Well there is quite a bit of time before getting Disengration:p and it turns all loot to dust so I'm not gonna use it on everything.

I guess nerfing from 1 to 0.75 would have been more sensible.

• Like 3

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Afaik Disintergration doesn't destroy loot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it didn't in PoE and I'm pretty sure it doesn't in Deadfire (imagine pulverized dragon loot). But it leaves no corpse.

Am I right?

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Afaik Disintergration doesn't destroy loot. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it didn't in PoE and I'm pretty sure it doesn't in Deadfire (imagine pulverized dragon loot). But it leaves no corpse.

Am I right?

I've never noticed Disintegration destroying loot, ever, in either game. Not sure why Verde thinks it does, Boeroer.