Activation of reverse-pickpocketed bomb unstealths character

letmeseethatpicture

Question

Planted bombs on Goercci street looters while stealthed, and the explosion unstealthed my character even though they had successfully sneaked away out of enemy line of sight. The looters were neutral (no red circles under them) until the bombs exploded if that matters.

Reported this as a bug because it makes no sense to unstealth when the pickpocket has stayed in stealth the entire time, and have the whole map home in on him.

If this mechanic is as intended, I guess this would be obsidian's solution for a potential flip side of this bug, where the bomb goes off and the enemies, rather than reacting to the explosion, stand there braindead because they can't detect anyone.

Edit: it appears as though the character throws the explosive towards the victim when it activates, then it explodes and causes the unstealthing, rather than what should happen, which is the bomb appears in the victim's pocket and explodes.

In pic attached, you can see the cinder bomb arcing towards the victim after it had already been planted there moments ago: https://imgur.com/a/uNGjmCL

Edited by letmeseethatpicture
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hm, weird. I think unstealthing is intended, because the activation of an attack SHOULD unstealth the character attacking. However that thing with throwing the bomb is probably a bug.

I'm not sure it's a good idea to allow characters to remain stealthed after reverse-pickpocketing