Unable to download the free dlc

Mu Shu Fasa

Question

When I try to download the dlc through steam, it opens the game. When I then try to download the dlc through the game, it opens the steam in game browser. At that point my in game steam browser seems to think steam is not installed on my pc, and clicking "steam is installed" does not do anything. Am I doing something wrong here?

7 answers to this question

I've had this issue with all free DLCs with deadfire on steam. It's very strange.

After I click "install" for the free DLC, the game will launch, as previous posters have noticed.

However, if you exit out and go back to steam, you will notice that in the DLC section when you click on "deadfire" in the steam library will list a new DLC that you have that is not yet installed, even though box is checked. (see screenshot to know what section i'm talking about: post-58316-0-56491500-1528513702_thumb.png)

what i did was click the checkbox to "uninstall" it (even though it already said "not installed" though the box was checked) and then re-check it. this then caused something in steam to start up something and it downloaded some small data.

then i launched the game and the DLC is installed. however, on the main menu in the bottom left if I hover over "current DLC" it still doesn't list them as installed, though in-game I have access to stuff. At some point later, they eventually show that the DLC is installed.

Bizarre. I guess something between Steam's DLC API and Deadfire is getting confused.

I found the answer on steam forum.

You need to go to the DLC page for Rum Runners Pack, press "Download". The game will now start. Quit the game and go back to steam. Press Library->Downloads, there should be an update ready for PoE2, klick the button the install it immidiately instead of waiting for the scheduled update. The free DLC will install.

Link>
https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/1696048426803810757/

• Like 1

I found the answer on steam forum.

You need to go to the DLC page for Rum Runners Pack, press "Download". The game will now start. Quit the game and go back to steam. Press Library->Downloads, there should be an update ready for PoE2, klick the button the install it immidiately instead of waiting for the scheduled update. The free DLC will install.

Link>

https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/1696048426803810757/

Thanks a ton for the link yourang.

Is this working for everyone now? Anyone else experiencing issues with this?

Best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...