I had the idea that ranger/no subclass wizard would be strong though didn't flesh it out, just knew itd have insane accuracy and concussive tranq to interrupt casters and remove all 30sec or less buffs for a quick snipe. Plus haste spells, evasive roll and the teleport/swap spell would be neat. But every time I make a ranger I hate the mid game. Wounding shot is just so crappy and I dont like to rely on the poorly scaling pets. 

I thought about doing the same thing. With a Ghost Heart, you can run your pet to an optimal location for Dimensional Shift without worrying about disengagements. Unfortunately, it takes a little while to get to the level to use that parlor trick heh

Yeah and unless you get a super op bow ranger's just feel meh till PL 7 (MC lvl 13!) with driving flight. Even then you're just an autoattacker. But late game being a caster who can interrupt and remove all buffs of 30sec or less from enemy caster in one shot would be fun. I keep looking at the last two tiers of Ranger wanting to try it but slugging my way through POTD auto attacking with a fine bow is just god -awful. Mid game (7-12) needs to be fun, not a slog. Its also too bad Veteran is still so easy cause something midway from Vet and POTD would let you make more flavorful builds. Right now POTD NEEDS you to spike accuracy super high and Veteran is still so easy you could turn on pre made AI and just go. 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin

I am currently playing a new game with a Thaumaturge (wizard/priest) in my party. She isn't much of a damage dealer, relying only on auto attacks with her decently high might, but she protects my squishy dps by tanking, healing, and buffing. I had no problem being in melee right from the beginning on upscaled all PoD 1.1. (Disclaimer: I started at level 4 with Blessings of Berath and am currently only level 7 in Nethataka, but this was not my PC so no extra stats or anything). I use the wizard spells pretty much exclusivly for self-buffing and the preist spells for healing, team buffing, and withdraw. This lets me run 3 glass canons plus a herald in my custom party. So far so good.

Does Priest also have similar kind of restrictions with Paladin's disposition for RP side?

I was thinking to make Wizard + Druid too actually.

I am currently playing a new game with a Thaumaturge (wizard/priest) in my party. She isn't much of a damage dealer, relying only on auto attacks with her decently high might, but she protects my squishy dps by tanking, healing, and buffing. I had no problem being in melee right from the beginning on upscaled all PoD 1.1. (Disclaimer: I started at level 4 with Blessings of Berath and am currently only level 7 in Nethataka, but this was not my PC so no extra stats or anything). I use the wizard spells pretty much exclusivly for self-buffing and the preist spells for healing, team buffing, and withdraw. This lets me run 3 glass canons plus a herald in my custom party. So far so good.

Does Priest also have similar kind of restrictions with Paladin's disposition for RP side?

I was thinking to make Wizard + Druid too actually.

It's way more fun then I expected. You kinda need to plan a head ie have the beast spells for the first dig site (but dont pick it on start or youll get it forever) now that you can respec without loss its good. Don't do Shifter cause it may help early levels but isnt worth losing casting during form later. I also would suggest not doing Lifegiver even though its good but once you drop form the debuff to heals happens even on current ongoing heals. Also late game know that alchemy right now increases damage, duration and accuracy of Vile thorns, Insect Swarm, and Death Bloom (spell names could be off going on memory). Anamist/Evoker has been fun so far, gonna keep going with it. Bonus points for going Nature Godlike and looking for +PL gear so i can nuke both classes spells at max PL.

Edit: also you don't have your'e grimore in your hands when in form so as fun as going Stag for defense then nuking sounds some spells wont be available (nor the passive bonuses from special grimore's). 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin

Sorry, I meant Wizard + Priest lol... My brain and thumbs didn't synch.

I'm already having a blast playing Sorcerer in my 2nd run.

Does Priest's spells get good in this 1.1 patch? I think I saw some faster casting buff but some nerfs too.

Priest spells are mostly junk. Fast cast for a single lowest tier Inspiration does not make it a good spell. Paladin's upgraded Lay on Hands is better than any heal Priest has. And Druid as single class caster just laughs at Priest spell repertoire.

Edited by Shadenuat

Warlock (Berserker/Generalist Wizard) is quickly becoming my new favorite: cast Infuse With Vital Essence, Fleet Feet, Merciless Gaze, etc., then pop Frenzy and let the good times roll. For weapons I'm going sword, flail, and battle axe; for armor I swap between Miscreant's Leathers, Fleshmender, and Casita Samelia's Legacy. Dual wielding and grimoires also give the build a good degree of versatility and flavor, allowing you to swap from melee to range via pistols or stealth empower nuke trash mobs with missiles and fireballs.

Edited by Ophiuchus
  • Like 1