Hello my friends,

I am new in the game and i try to understand if available to make reflect solo build.

I saw the Draccozi paladin that have the lay on hands burn damage when he take damage, but its make minor damage, the duration is ok but still limited.

The whole thing is to take minimum damage from enemeies and make slow aoe damage.

I want to make a solo build, tank reflect, can you help me with it ?

Stats ? 

Race ?

Multiclass ? (Draccozi paladin \ stalker ? Draccozi paladin \ wizzard ? Draccozi paladin \ fighter ? )

*The burn damage from the lay on hands can miss, so i know we need perception for accuracy BUT we want to take minimum damage as posible so we need shield also and thats down the accuracy.

what about late game ? 

this Lay on hands burn damage as MAIN damage can be ?

Please feel free to help.

Edited by Brom105

The best reflector is a monk. He has an ability called Blade Turning that reflects melee attacks back at attackers and he also has an ability called Soul Mirror which relfects ranged attacks. For the first one you need no defenses, it turns 100% attacks. The later needs high deflection.

You could then either multiclass with a Wizard for high defense self buffs and Arcane Reflection or with a Rogue for Riposte or with a Paladin for higher passive defenses and so on.

There are also some items (for example a shield and a two hander) that will give you some retaliation abilites/chances.

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If i take alot of hits and reflect the damage i need alot of hp and alot of healing to survive the damaged taken.. so if i understand right i can make: 

Draccozi paladin - for healing and minor damage and monk for full reflect ..

which monk sub class will do the best ? Helwalker ?

should i use wepean \ shield ? 

what about stats ? (MIGHT + CON = max ? what about all rest ?)

*in the late game i afraid that the damage taked from enemy will be to hige to survive ..

The best reflector is a monk. He has an ability called Blade Turning that reflects melee attacks back at attackers and he also has an ability called Soul Mirror which relfects ranged attacks. For the first one you need no defenses, it turns 100% attacks. The later needs high deflection.You could then either multiclass with a Wizard for high defense self buffs and Arcane Reflection or with a Rogue for Riposte or with a Paladin for higher passive defenses

I think a Monk/Trickster Rogue might be optimal; how exactly does the gaining "access to select Illusion wizard spells at power levels 3, 5, 7, and 9" work? Do I get to pick the spells or are they selected for me?

I would def. choose Nalpasca. He generates wounds so quickly that you can use Blade Turning all the time. I showed in beta3 that you can set AI to cast Blade Turning whenever Blade Turning expires. With a Nalpasca and Dance of Death you generate wounds without getting hit while dishing out damage via Rooting Pain. You only need healing once you get attacked by non-melee attacks or once you stop using Blade Turning. Blade Turning got nerfed in the latest patch, so it might be that you can't hold it up 100% of times - but I guess with Duality of Mortal Presence (INT) and some items and Power Levels you can come pretty close.

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

I think a Monk/Trickster Rogue might be optimal; how exactly does the gaining "access to select Illusion wizard spells at power levels 3, 5, 7, and 9" work? Do I get to pick the spells or are they selected for me?

In character creation, once you've selected the Rog / Trickster subclass, click the Preview ability tree buttons.  On the far left the abilities you get are listed.  You'll cast them with the Rogue resource (Guile).

Monk/wizard works well. I played one and it is quite funny.

Basically do everything you can to boost deflection. Never ever rest and use bonuses, like Hylea’s bounty. This really helps boost defenses further since they all stack with everything (see guide on permenant bonuses on this forum).

Note, level 5 safeguard spell stacks with other bonuses to help boost defenses and lasts a really long time. Prioritize “ranged deflection” bonuses since melee can be reflected with blade turning regardless of defenses anyway. For example, there is an armor, Maia’s, that can enchanted with this and scales off stealth. There is a shield that provides up to 20 bonus defelection that scales off lost health.... not a problem since nothing can actually hit you so you just hurt yourself with mortification of flesh ability until really low on health then activate all your defenses, in particular the “wizard double” level 1 spell. Battles go like this:

- Soul mirror reflects half of all ranged deflection attacks (given your extreme deflection defenses)

- Arcane Spell reflection (several wizard spells have this) reflects all direct targeted spells.

- Blade Turning reflects all melee attacks.

- Dance with death provides a constant stream of wound resource to power blade turning so you can have it up 100% of the time.

AOE attacks just miss you because your reflex is cranked sky high with large shield and shield-style, safeguard, Item bonuses, wizard displaced images spell, giftbearer cloak, etc.

For the most part you can just stand still and watch your enemies kill themselves trying to attack you.

I plan to write up a build report for this, but I am still playtesting it.

Edited by Braven

I would def. choose Nalpasca. He generates wounds so quickly that you can use Blade Turning all the time. I showed in beta3 that you can set AI to cast Blade Turning whenever Blade Turning expires. With a Nalpasca and Dance of Death you generate wounds without getting hit while dishing out damage via Rooting Pain. You only need healing once you get attacked by non-melee attacks or once you stop using Blade Turning. Blade Turning got nerfed in the latest patch, so it might be that you can't hold it up 100% of times - but I guess with Duality of Mortal Presence (INT) and some items and Power Levels you can come pretty close.

If you have sky high defenses, which you want anyway for soul mirror to proc, you can just use Dance with Death for plenty wounds regardless of monk subclass. It still works in 1.1. The accuracy bonus stops at 12 (was that way before patch too), but the wounds keep coming in forever as long as you don’t take damage and it is fast. enough to keep up blade turning. I prefer helwalker since that extra might is another up to 20 fortitude.

Monk/wizard can actually get among the highest deflection I think of any class because he only really needs ranged deflection. This allows shuffling around items and optimizing which ones you use with skill scaling to crank out much more deflection since those weren’t nerfed hard like the intimidate armor and atheltics shield which got the vocal attention.

The extra fortitude from helwalker and duality’s CON allow you to be better than paladin in that respect too, particularly with the F&C nerf.

Your “other” defenses can still get hit every once in a while, but you can get 4 casts of wizard double with items per encounter, and there is always mirror images. You have enough mortification to recast dance with death a few times if needed and can use mortification of flesh a couple times at the start to get to 10 wounds fast. That ability doesn’t break the dance.

I wonder if you had a druid who cast Beetle shell on you if you could keep it up better since damage would just be aborbed by the shield. Can you still reflect attacks that way?

Edited by Braven

Regarding the flame shield idea with paladin. You could instead use the burn upgrade to sworn enemy (branded enemy). I think, from the tooltip, that it has an unlimited duration and no accuracy roll at all, but I never played with it before. Everyone seems to take the refund upgrade instead so I never hear about it.

Question:

Can you have more than one sworn enemy? If so you could just use all your zeal and mark each one and wait for them to very slowly die.... now you can just complety dump perception. I guess you could then do the usual buff your defenses to insane levels with items, wizard buffs, etc which all don’t need accuracy either, or do the priest immortality tricks with withdraws, salvation of time, barring deaths door, etc.

The main problem, besides being a painfully slow way to kill anything, is that it will do nothing against fire immune enemies.

Edited by Braven

If I'm not mistaken he's looking for retaliation damage not reflection and why he mentioned high con and Darcozzi.

OP said: “I am new in the game and i try to understand if available to make reflect solo build...The whole thing is to take minimum damage from enemies and make slow aoe damage.”

Sounds like the OP just wants to slowly damage enemies around the character in combat while taking the least amount of damage and lamented at the low duration of lesser flame shield. Sounds like reflection is exactly a solution OP would potentially be interested in.

Also said new to the game so it is reasonable to assume the player might not know about things like spell reflection and monk’s soul mirror, or rogue’s counter attack ability, etc.

Druid AOE Damage over time spells are also a good way to slowly kill enemies around you in an AOE and those spells have long durations. Not reflection/retribution exactly, but accomplishes the same goal of mostly passively harming enemies so stuff like dex is not very important and you can just turtle in and wait for your enemies to die on their own.

These kind of strategies help soloing a lot since you have to do all the killing yourself and eat all the incoming attacks. It takes a very long time to hack down everything through traditional weapon attacks and single target abilities. Constant AOE damage is far more efficient.

Edited by Braven

My first character was a Rogue/Napalsca made for this very purpose, however I was displeased to find riposte changed back to it's vanilla crappy state so I stopped playing him at lvl 9.

But yeah. Trickster/Napalsca will probably be your best bet. High alchemy skill with Coral Snuff as ur drug of choice for the Xtra delection. Arcane reflect potions in a quickslot. A decent explosive skill for the use of blinding grenades wouldn't be a bad idea, or kill Serafen and grab his handmortar to inflict rogues blinding strike in AoE. Soulmirror will punish shooters hard it's actually hilarious watching them kill themselves.