Pondering questions and thoughts

Just questions or thoughts that crop up from time to time that you want to share

Should we worry about doing the right thing, or doing things right?

I see you work at one of those companies where the two are separate and mutually exclusive things. :lol:

• Like 2

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Just questions or thoughts that crop up from time to time that you want to share

Should we worry about doing the right thing, or doing things right?

I see you work at one of those companies where the two are separate and mutually exclusive things. :lol:

Not so much like that. I've just been reflecting on some decisions I've made in my life. Seeing if it could have gone a better direction if I took more adjacency in dealing with people.

Doing the wrong things wrong is just a bloody waste of time.
Doing the wrong things right is... shooting yourself in the foot.

Doing the right things wrong, gives you an A for affort but is still missing the point.
Doing the right things right is where it's at.

Question of my own, how much do you value intent behind peoples actions. Can you enjoy a gesture if not done in good faith?

• Like 1

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Doing the wrong things wrong is just a bloody waste of time.

Doing the wrong things right is... shooting yourself in the foot.

Doing the right things wrong, gives you an A for affort but is still missing the point.

Doing the right things right is where it's at.

Question of my own, how much do you value intent behind peoples actions. Can you enjoy a gesture if not done in good faith?

Sorry, I'm drunk and chaotic neutral so you best believe i'm going to be doing whatever I feel like.

• Like 1
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Why is it called a driveway when you mostly park on it.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Why do you drive on a parkway?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Have you ever noticed the third hand on a watch or clock is called the second hand?

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Why do you drive on a parkway?

People drive on those?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Isn't Gallagher still alive ?

• Like 1

Happens, I thought Chuck Berry died 10 years before he actually did. :lol:

What is it?