Hey GOGgers. Anyone else having trouble updating Deadfire?

Hallo chums.

I am curious if anyone else encountered issues when updating Deadfire via GOG. After length download and installation I have received the message „instalation failed: disk access problem”. Followed with some troubleshooting including messing with security software. Ended up uninstalling and redownloading the whole thing. Midway through the download the same error popped out.

The issue most probably lies with gog galaxy and I will continue fixing it tomorrow, but just wanted to check if it’s an isolated, Deadfire unrelated issue.

Mine just updated successfully. Need more feedback to get an idea if it's widespread or not though.

Probably a stupid question, but are you sure you have enough space on your hard drive? And not just barely either, sometimes you need plenty of free space.

Also, you mentioned security software. I'm guessing you tried disabling it while updating/installing, but you should if you didn't.

• Like 1

The full patch is 1.8 GB, so far the downloadable file on GOG is only about 570mb. give it a day and the patch will be there fully functional as well :-)

Is that 1.8 GB the size of the Steam / galaxy patch?  The gog standalone patches are usually (much) smaller than the steam/galaxy patches.

Edit: Ah, just found it - it is 1.8 GB for the standalone

Edited by Silent Winter

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

I had tried to install Scared 2 Gold through GoG Galaxy and near the end around 98% done I been getting installation

failed, so your not alone there. I know this thing was working right, since it had finished updating Deadfire yesterday.

Edited by wolfrider100
  • Like 1

" Life... is strength. That is not to be contested, it seems

logical enough. You live, you affect your world. "

Jon Irenicus ´

Continuing redownloading the game with no issues so far. Windows was using the disc and memory extensivelly yesterday so it's possible something was blocking something else. I have 200GB free so it shouldn't be a space related issue. 

EDIT: Yup, it installed without any issues this time around. Maybe I should have simply restart my PC or GOG solved its issue overnight. Luckiily this time GOG installed all DLCs at once. 

Edited by Wormerine
  • Like 1

I have similar problem: "The source file is corrupted. You should run the installer integrity check to verify which files need to be re-downloaded." when trying to install patch. It seems that GOG server provides corrupted and/or truncated file. Entered a ticked on GOG support.

• Like 1

Getting the same "installation failed: disk access problem" error. I downloaded the patch last night, and it failed. Then I re-downloaded it after getting home from work, and it failed again. I don't want to have to re-download the entire game, since I have garbage-tier internet so it'd take me a large part of the weekend.

Also, I have over 600GB free, so I doubt it's a space issue.

EDIT: So I verified the game cache and that seemed to have fixed everything. Go figure.

Edited by Dr. Explosion
  • Like 2

Pretend what I wrote was actually really witty and/or deep.

I'm glad it was an easy fix. Recently I had a problem with DLC for a different game not registering in their client. I had a receipt and everything, but for some reason GoG refused to acknowledge I bought it. It took 5 days before support could fix it.

Ok, finally had managed to install patch using GOG Galaxy. I really, really dislike GOG Galaxy (with my slow connection it takes ages to download large updates, and most of the time it simply doesn't work)  but this time it saved the day.