Can we get an ogre party member in future DLC with a decent story line? Kind of disappointing they didn't do it with Pillars 2. Sure he might be very strong, but you can offset this my not letting him wear most armors etc, like it's done in many games.  Anyone else enjoy out of the norm monster races as options?

• Like 8

It's a fun idea, but there would be logistical problems with implementation, if only because ogres have bigger selection circles than kith. I guarantee you there's an area in the game where it would become a problem.

• Like 2

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

- a ranger with a talking imp as pet

IMP NOT PET, IMP CREW! WHO WORTHLESS NOW ARKEMYR? ~ W.I.

but yeah, an imp of some kind would be cool - innate imp spells and odours.

Would also like a Vithrack or a Xaurip for non-standard communication interactions.

• Like 5

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

Any non-kith party member would be appreciated on my end. I seem to remember someone on Obsidian's end saying the main obstacle was modelling armour, since you'd have to redo it for the new race. This is presumably why these sorts of characters in previous games often don't have armour slots, and I'd be happy to have something similar in Deadfire e.g. because the Ogre is so big, it can't wear armour you find anyway so relies on its thick hide.

• Like 4

Any non-kith party member would be appreciated on my end. I seem to remember someone on Obsidian's end saying the main obstacle was modelling armour, since you'd have to redo it for the new race. This is presumably why these sorts of characters in previous games often don't have armour slots, and I'd be happy to have something similar in Deadfire e.g. because the Ogre is so big, it can't wear armour you find anyway so relies on its thick hide.

The Devil of Caroc couldn't change armours and it worked pretty well, no reason they couldn't implement something similar for a non standard sidekick. 

• Like 8

I remember reading that - non-kith could have innate abilities to compensate for the armour

- but I recall there's also the weapons needing to fit the rig - all the kith share a rig so getting weapons to stay in the hand(s) works across races.  If there's a different rig for (e.g.) vithrack, they'd need to redo all the weapon animations too.   ... at least xaurips can already wield a xaurip-spear.

• Like 2

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*Casts Nature's Terror* :aiee: , *Casts Firebug* :fdevil: , *Casts Rot-Skulls* :skull: , *Casts Garden of Life* :luck: *Spirit-shifts to cat form* :cat:

would be cool to get some interesting companions as you said 

- an ogre

- a ranger with a talking imp as pet

- an undead or fampyr one that makes constantly puns about being undead

- a druid that can spirit shift into a drake

Oh I got one! Companion with an interesting character arc. We lack those in Deadfire ;)
  • Like 4

I agree with ThacoBell -I'd love any non-kith as well. Xaurip, Naga, Vithrak, Imp.  But I love the Godlike unique looks and the Orlans, which are more unique than a lot of games have.

Mammasaura, same with the shipmate you mentioned, as well as another one you get in Neketaka.

• Like 3

I got emotional when

Mother Sharp-Rock joined my crew

Give me a companion Xaurip!

I found the whole interaction tugging at my heartstrings.

I really wish there was more crew-interaction in the game (or ANY interaction at all, since it seems that all of the interesting crewmates never seem to appear in the on-board events)

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 3

I'm on board for this, but if and only if he says "it's all ogre now" on a kill/when combat ends

would be cool to get some interesting companions as you said 

- an undead or fampyr one that makes constantly puns about being undead

Do you mean...

clg4mNx.png

Amazing puns, and he's already a pirate!

• Like 4

Can we get an ogre party member in future DLC with a decent story line? Kind of disappointing they didn't do it with Pillars 2. Sure he might be very strong, but you can offset this my not letting him wear most armors etc, like it's done in many games.  Anyone else enjoy out of the norm monster races as options?

Play a Transmuter.

I wanted one of them cannoneer ogres on my ship, but there ain't none available. Sucks.

• Like 4

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

aren't imp usually stuck to be a wizard familliar ? 

Ah...nostalgia . I miss those days , where you could meet an Orc and it wasn't the dumb kind . Surprising really . 

There was one back in NWN who was a Wizard . And I remember the Orc that wanted to be a palladin . 

Good stories !  :biggrin:

I don't want anymore pet . I think at this rate...we can have a zoo ! 

Give me someone like Edwin Oddesseiron , he is hilarious..and yet...you wanna strangle him . 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

A Vithrak, a fampyr and a Xaurip would all be welcome. Ogres would probably bother me in the long run because of their size. But yeah, generally non-kith races would be a great and intersting alternation.

There is both a Vithrack and a Xaurip you can recruit.

Edited by Big-Ben

Yes! We have no bananas.