Josh Sawyer really gets me motivated.

I just watched the video for 1.1 they posted, Josh's enthusiasm really gets me pumped. I had lost so much energy for the game after running into a load of problems, but watching this has got me psyched to start a new game.

He really needs to put out more vids for Obsidian to get the community excited.

• Like 16

nowt

I just watched the video for 1.1 they posted, Josh's enthusiasm really gets me pumped. I had lost so much energy for the game after running into a load of problems, but watching this has got me psyched to start a new game.

He really needs to put out more vids for Obsidian to get the community excited.

I like having a face to associate with the development team, rather than an anonymous blob - but it can backfire spectacularly, especially in the age of social media.  I think it's clear he's passionate about his work, as are most (all?) at Obsidian.  That doesn't mean the work is always top quality, though.  Just look at any local Facebook, Craigslist, etc marketplace to find plenty of people that very passionately produce very terrible artwork, crafts, etc.

I'll probably just hold off on playing Deadfire until after all the DLC's out.  If it's anything like Pillars, not playing for the first ~year of the game's release is probably the smart choice.

• Like 2

I'll probably just hold off on playing Deadfire until after all the DLC's out.  If it's anything like Pillars, not playing for the first ~year of the game's release is probably the smart choice.

That's how I rationalize my gaming backlog. I know any modern rpg is going to be in a much better state a year after release. I also know companies need good sales to keep going.

Surely a flawed reason, but it's motivational!

That's how I rationalize my gaming backlog. I know any modern rpg is going to be in a much better state a year after release. I also know companies need good sales to keep going.

Surely a flawed reason, but it's motivational!

Well, I backed both Pillars and Deadfire.  I really like Obsidian and I like to support their work (I also got Tyranny in the first week it came out, though more because I loved the game concept than because "I must support Obsidian!") but after two games that came out and just... didn't do it for me in launch week, I think I'll pass on backing Pillars 3 when it inevitably gets announced and just wait for the GOTY edition.

Edited by PizzaSHARK

Josh's enthusiasm really gets me pumped.

g75Hb8G.jpg

Balance Man is a helluva drug.

• Like 15

Exoduss, on 14 Apr 2015 - 11:11 AM, said: 

also secret about hardmode with 6 man party is :  its a faceroll most of the fights you will Auto Attack mobs while lighting your spliff

^ The bike frame seemingly coming out of his head synergizes in disturbing ways with his expression.

Kind of like we're witnessing the birth of a Bike-Athena from a Bike-Zeus.

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 5

I said all this bollocks but I sill haven't started the game up since I downloaded the patch.

Burned too much by the bugs? I probably got lucky, because I didn't try to import a save - I just selected one of the predefined outcomes, played on classic without scaling, then skipped most of the side quests and safely arrived at the game finish (while having a challenge). Now I have only good memories about my first playthrough.

I managed to avoid all the serious bugs without even knowing about them.

Edited by wih

two decades o' following interplay/black isle and obsidian games has ruined Gromnir.  we know it takes 3(or more) patches for an obsidian game to be genuine stable.  we know balancing is gonna be an ongoing issue, though we appreciate continuing obsidian efforts.  

any developer comments which even remote approach puffery status gets same response from us today as they did back in the late 90s.

am too old and experienced to get "motivated" by developer update videos.  am more likely to be enthusiastic 'bout a josh post at sa or elsewhere as such contributions, while less broad, tends to be providing detail absent in general developer update material.

HA! Good Fun!

• Like 1

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

The fact that the topic title cuts off at "Josh Sawyer really gets me..." when viewed from the main page really bothers me for some reason. There's plenty one could do with such incomplete information, you know.

Probably not intentional, though.

Right?

• Like 5