Looking for a way to add extra engagement bonus on a Paladin skill

Only thing preventing me from playing a paladin is the lack of extra engagement. I want to add a bonus to a paladin ability. My two options:

- Paladin defensive aura . Is there a way to add the bonus only for the Paladin (since the auras normally affects companions)

- Faith and conviction. A fixed bonus would work but is there a way to add one that would vary with dispositions (benevolent, diplomatic, etc) like the other bonuses work? Maybe from 1 base to 3 at max bonus.

I dont really know how to mod but if its not to complicated i dont have a problem editing files with Wordpad.

tks!

I am not a modder, so here are just some ideas with the vanilla game.

I think spear only gets at most one engagement (with modal active). I believe the standard spear bonus is +5 accuracy. Or maybe you are already including the shield-bearer subclass bonus? Maybe there is a unique one that gives another. Not sure.

Some other weapons get engagement through unique enchantments. I know there is a warhammer like that.

There is a helm that offer engagement that is pretty good. There is also armor that provides an extra.

So, with those items you are up to +5 engagements with a pure paladin and there are likely others possible. Of course, if you multiclass you can get way more. Fighter gets access to lots and some spells offer +3.

Edited by Braven
  • Like 1

Spear Modal is +1 engagement at the cost of Stride.

Shields all give +1 engagement.

Shield Bearers get an extra engagement with a shield equipped.

The unique club on the vendor in the middle of Maje has an enchant option that boosts engagement under certain conditions. I'm not at my pc to look and I can't remember exactly what those conditions are. It's called Shattered Vengeance and only costs around $5k, and it is a pretty good unique with its debuff.

If you aren't doing solo then you can MC pallegina or Tekehu as Chanters to get the phrase that gives +10 Deflection and +1 Engagement. Or you can make a Merc Chanter.

There may be more +1 Engagement items that I am unaware of. You can easily get 4 or so with the right weapons, modals, etc.

The unique club on the vendor in the middle of Maje has an enchant option that boosts engagement under certain conditions. I'm not at my pc to look and I can't remember exactly what those conditions are. It's called Shattered Vengeance and only costs around $5k, and it is a pretty good unique with its debuff.

Yes, it gives "Blessed Defiance": +1 engagement when 2 enemies are nearby.

• Like 1

CzSyX91.jpg

Yes, it gives "Blessed Defiance": +1 engagement when 2 enemies are nearby.

Thanks! That's what I thought, but I didn't want to say that if I wasn't sure.

• Like 1

Do you guys know where i can make a mod suggestion/request? I know you can get extra engagement through gear but IMO if both fighters and Barbs get acces to it through abilities/skills, so should paladins. Otherwise it limits the gear choices a bit to much. Im lvl 9 and ive yet to find any good/rare spear. Plenty of swords though.

Edited by Thormind