Welcome to Obsidian Forum Community
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Patch Notes for 1.1.0.0035

• Please log in to reply
202 replies to this topic

mrscojangles

mrscojangles

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Level Scaling now also adjusts enemy levels up. Normal enemies are scaled up to 4 levels higher and Named enemies are scaled up to 6 levels higher

Just to clarify, this is saying that they're capped at only being able to scale 4 or 6 levels higher? So if I'm level 16 and come across a fight that was level 6 unscaled, it would only scale up to level 10 for the unnamed enemies and 12 for the named ones? Why not have them scale all the way up?

AlexDeLarge

AlexDeLarge

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 74 posts
  • Pillars of Eternity Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Thanks. I guess i'll keep playing the waiting game..

Is Triple Crown achievement finally included?

Doesn't look like there are any new achievements for now.

Aramintai

Aramintai

(10) Necromancer

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Steam:Aramintai
  • PSN Portable ID:Aramintai
  • Pillars of Eternity Silver Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

So, is dot breaking invisibility fixed for the rogue? I'm not seeing it in the patch notes.

Rafael Braga

Rafael Braga

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Ok, please next time put the patch notes BEFORE releasing the patch so i can turn off the updates.

The game WAS FUN... now again it became gimmick fest to try to solo.

"Overbalancing" single player games for the sake of teenagers gimmickers to get their bragging archievments... blah.

Time to play something else, it was a fun month anyway.

• stadi, -dib-, Alystin and 1 other like this

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5383 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

Ok, please next time put the patch notes BEFORE releasing the patch so i can turn off the updates.

GoG Galaxy (and I believe Steam) allow you to revert to a previous build, that I know of.

Jinjifra

Jinjifra

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 17 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Is rangers thorny roots still 0 Pen? I never used the ability so it might have just been a tooltip issue, but that seemed like it might be an issue

grumbold99

grumbold99

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

GoG Galaxy (and I believe Steam) allow you to revert to a previous build, that I know of.

How? I'd like to complete my current Steam run on the previous settings before doing any new runs withe the updated rules. I hate things that pull the rug from under you right in the middle of a game.

TKDancer

TKDancer

(2) Evoker

• Members
  • 86 posts

The game WAS FUN... now again it became gimmick fest to try to solo.

"Overbalancing" single player games for the sake of teenagers gimmickers to get their bragging archievments... blah.

Time to play something else, it was a fun month anyway.

you can easily mod the game to achieve whatever balance you want, why are you mad at the devs for trying to make the game more challenging for the many people asking for it?

• thelee and Zares like this

Rafael Braga

Rafael Braga

(1) Prestidigitator

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Deadfire Backer

Steam doesnt allow it.

When a game can be reverted it is on the "Beta" tab... on beta tab there is only the option to PBE.

I was having fun as **** playing the game solo... with this change will become only a grind fest having to slowly metagame the game to progress on hard. If you know any other way to revert to pre changes, let me know. I prefer to play with bugs and a fun game than a bugfree (wich the game isnt even after patch) boring game.

Overtunning the game for no reason and destroying lots of fun builds, bleh.

AndreaColombo

AndreaColombo

Arch-Mage

• Members
  • 5383 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

I was having fun as **** playing the game solo... with this change will become only a grind fest having to slowly metagame the game to progress on hard. If you know any other way to revert to pre changes, let me know.

If you know somebody who's still on 1.02, you could ask them to send you their abilities, attack, item, and statuseffects gamedatabundle files. Swap yours for theirs and you'll have the perks of the patch with none of the balance changes.

George_Truman

George_Truman

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 256 posts

You forgot to add that whispers of the endless paths doesn't hit primary target twice.

Answermancer

Answermancer

(4) Theurgist

• Members
  • 284 posts
  • Xbox Gamertag:Answermancer
  • Pillars of Eternity Gold Backer
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Silver Backer
  • Fig Backer

The list of features and bugfixes is great.

However I look at some of the nerfs and just facepalm.

Yeah.

Basically what people were afraid of in this thread:
https://forums.obsid...rding-patch-11/

Anyway, with such drastic nerfs to so many abilities I foresee some new set of abilities becoming overwhelmingly good no-brainers (compared to everything else) while stuff that's currently OP becomes so underpowered as to be useless. :/

Just to clarify, this is saying that they're capped at only being able to scale 4 or 6 levels higher? So if I'm level 16 and come across a fight that was level 6 unscaled, it would only scale up to level 10 for the unnamed enemies and 12 for the named ones? Why not have them scale all the way up?

To maintain some variety and pacing to encounters, why even have levels at all if you can never outlevel anything?

I'm pretty sure there are mods out there that do 1:1 level scaling, and I'm sure there will be some fantastic maximum difficulty mods in the future, but I don't think most people want the level scaling to make level 1 enemies level 20, so this approach is better for an unmodded game IMO.

Kuronan

Kuronan

(0) Nub

• Initiates
  • 1 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Black Isle Bastard!

We should still be able to pickpocket heads off of Bounty Hunt Targets, just make it so they are walking around headless and need to be actually killed  :disguise:

ibanix

ibanix

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

Well, there goes any reason to play Beckoner.

• InsaneCommander likes this

Lexx

Lexx

Adventurer of the Obsidian Order

• Members
  • 3980 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

I tried some hats on Maia and it seems her hair doesn't get adjusted correctly. Only had two for test- the tricorn and that cowboy hat and both didn't removed the upper parts of her hair, therefore clipped through very much.

Edited by Lexx, 07 June 2018 - 01:35 PM.

David Benefield

David Benefield

Producer

• Developers+
  • 74 posts

Is Triple Crown achievement finally included?

We are looking to add more difficult achievements (in-game only, not Steam/GOG achievements) in a future patch

For some reason I still have version 1.1.0.0034. Steam doesn't want to upgrade the game. :( 

The Beta branch still had 1.1.0.0034. I have just updated it, thanks for letting us know.

evilcat

evilcat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 909 posts

Suggestion:

For Ranger Pet Companion: fur pattern.

So you could take a bear companion, but you could paint it white, or panda, black, brown.

Or you could take lion, and turn it into Tiger, or Cougouar.

And so on.

• draego, InsaneCommander, tinysalamander and 5 others like this

Juneau

Juneau

(3) Conjurer

• Members
  • 171 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer
  • Lords of the Eastern Reach Backer
  • Deadfire Backer
  • Fig Backer

As someone playing on a relatively normal difficulty - fights were 50/50 for me, playing for fun.

I have been regretting picking a Beckoner as my character for a while now - I've had scenarios where they spawn, can't get off an attack and then vanish on numerous occasions. Now that they cost more to cast..

Im wondering - how can I respec Beckoner? I can change everything else, but not that - and I am now not enjoying the game. But with soe many hours into the story I don't want to start again.

Genuinely quite close to stopping playing :(  /sad face.

• gGeorg likes this

evilcat

evilcat

(7) Enchanter

• Members
  • 909 posts

As someone playing on a relatively normal difficulty - fights were 50/50 for me, playing for fun.

I have been regretting picking a Beckoner as my character for a while now - I've had scenarios where they spawn, can't get off an attack and then vanish on numerous occasions. Now that they cost more to cast..

Im wondering - how can I respec Beckoner? I can change everything else, but not that - and I am now not enjoying the game. But with soe many hours into the story I don't want to start again.

Genuinely quite close to stopping playing :(  /sad face.

Are you ok with using console?

It will stop your achievment hording. But what can be done
You need to get naked. The character. Player... up to personal taste.

~

Iroll20s

OpenCharacterCreation

AddExperienceToLevel (level you had)

• InsaneCommander likes this

mitchloidolt

mitchloidolt

Artist

• Developers
  • 2 posts
  • Kickstarter Backer

Also, I don't see anything about crew with multiple skills not having all of their skills level up completely or something like that, maybe that's still being worked on?

Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but crew only level up the skill in the role for which they are currently assigned on the ship, and normal crew (as opposed to captains) have a max of 4 total ranks across all of their skills. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users