Have we heard anything about a timeline for the *next* patch? Will we be getting another one this month, or are we waiting for Beast of Winter in July?

I really hope at least in a hotfix before July, atm with Luminous Adra Mill Bug i'm a little stuck

Edited by kilay

Have we heard anything about a timeline for the *next* patch? Will we be getting another one this month, or are we waiting for Beast of Winter in July?

I really hope at least in a hotfix before July, atm with Luminous Adra Mill Bug i'm a little stuck

Is it a bug in the main quest?

The lower levels of the digsite bug is still there, which is a main quest, so who knows.

Is it a bug in the main quest?

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102329-luminous-adra-mill/?hl=%2Badra+%2Bmill

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101746-crash-at-luminous-adra-mill/?hl=%2Badra+%2Bmill

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101839-map-loading-error-cannot-enter-into-luminous-adra-mill/?hl=%2Badra+%2Bmill

Name of this patch: "WHAT THE HELL"?

Ok. Let`s start discussion.

I thougth the main idea of battle btween pure class vs multiclass was for reward on max lvls in late game only. Ultimate perc, unique magic... etc.

What we have now:

Pure CIPHER: TIME PARASITE (+50% faster) was an ultimate reward for character in late game (It was really REWARDing spell). And now it`s only +25% faster, wtat is almost equal to... FIGHTER`s ARMORED FRASE, which is PASSIVE ability of middle lvl. F... It that mean "BALANCE"? Really?

So... meele pure cipher Then: glass cannon which sucks until lvl 17. Now: sucks on any lvl, better choose multiclass with Fighter and have no problems.

Edited by Dmitriy_K7

And why nobody tells `bout

• All non-unique legendary equipment data has been set to "Never Drop As Loot".
WHAT? And from what I now should receive money in this game?

It that logic anyway?

They fixed the bug. It wasn’t supposed to drop in the first place.

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Ok, my bad.

But what about cipher? Is it "ballanced" now, when i can take the same abb on lower lvl in +fighter multiclass as passive and have no difficulties? What are the advantages of pure class cipher instead of multiclass now? They gone...

Why always "ballancing" mean "nerf it until it will not be playable"?

Ok, my bad.

But what about cipher? Is it "ballanced" now, when i can take the same abb on lower lvl in +fighter multiclass as passive and have no difficulties? What are the advantages of pure class cipher instead of multiclass now? They gone...

Why always "ballancing" mean "nerf it until it will not be playable"?

If you take the spell orientated subclass of cipher, you don't really need that time spell. You just grab one of those vampyr staves for back up domination, and dominate, charm, stun and blind your enemies. It's fairly effective. There's very little that is immune, so 99 percent of the time, that's an effective character. And you want it pure class to get as many focus points as you can starting combat, more cypher talents and a decent selection of spells. The higher level spells however have so much higher costs, they are sort of pointless. But a multi-class spell oriented cypher just doesn't work as well. It works okay, but not as well. 

Now maybe if you had the soulblade subclass and had focused on melee damage, maybe it is a bit nerfed.

You could always do a rebuild and pick more controller type spells. Either that or stack every regenerating, or HP or armour boosting, or second wing granting item you can find on that one character, and rebuild with a high athletics skill (two second winds isn't bad for a lower HP fighter as a compensation, and if you get a reasonable amount of bonus damage, and use a really good unique weapon, it should still be worth the trouble).

The other option is switching to a ranged weapon. You still get soul whip within a certain range. 

Edited by drael6464

Now maybe if you had the soulblade subclass and had focused on melee damage, maybe it is a bit nerfed.

This is my build and it doesn’t feel “nerfed”. The setup was very powerful before and now it’s just powerful. I’m ok with that.

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

This is my build and it doesn’t feel “nerfed”. The setup was very powerful before and now it’s just powerful. I’m ok with that.

Well, there you go then.

Please could somebody let me know how to save newly customised hairstyles/ appearances? Every time that I try to change my character's look, it reverts straight back to the original look as soon as I exit the customisation screen? Many thanks for any help in advance. 

• The Apple Store will be updated as soon as the patch is approved by Apple (ETA early next week).

Any update on the Mac App Store patch? I'm dying to start a new run under the latest patch!

Once something is submitted to Apple for review it sits in a queue until they either approve or reject it. This process can take anywhere from a few days to a few weeks depending on factors such as the backlog of other submissions, blackout periods, etc. As the submitter you get radio silience until they are finished (because they are Apple and you are not).

So, the odds are that you’ll probably hear about the same time that Obsidian does.

• Like 2

Please could somebody let me know how to save newly customised hairstyles/ appearances? Every time that I try to change my character's look, it reverts straight back to the original look as soon as I exit the customisation screen? Many thanks for any help in advance. 

Sorry for dumb answer, but did you press 'Accept' Button?

Some of us don't have the accept button, it's a known bug.

• Like 2

Atsura, the intelligent Psychopath of my dreams.  I like my elves grumpy and my godlike fishy!

And my Rekke romancable!

Some of us don't have the accept button, it's a known bug.

Thanks so much Porcelyn. I hope they are able to fix the bug soon. 

Raise the resolution, make your changes, and then change the resolution back

Unfortunately, my screen is on the highest resolution setting already. I have tried to do this with every resolution setting on my laptop, & the "Accept" button still did not appear. Thanks for trying to help, though ... I really appreciate it  :) 

My two cents on the changes.

I have played almost every cRPG there is (from BG, PS:T, through games like Avernum, to Witcher, Numenera, PoE 1 and now 2). I have over 200 hours in PoE 1 and consider it one of the best new RPGs.

That said, as some of the other posters have mentioned, PoE 1 items were rather bland and looked all like the same thing. In PoE 2 one of the great things that has changed was, that items were finally different and did some sort of a really interesting and probable effect that had impact on the game. Also, the game introduced the multiclass system which made for some really interesting and "broken" combinations, that made it fun to play around with and create new builds. It almost felt like Din's Curse or Titan Quest, or some kind of aRPG with a great skill tree system that made for interesting combinations on top of a great narrative. Something I was looking forward to try.

Sadly, the initial release was plagued by numerous game-breaking bugs (missing characters, missing lines of dialogue, inability to continue quests without them being marked as failed...). Also, there were three things, that made the game's aRPG element dysfunctional:

1) The inability to skip intro - yes it seems a minor issue, but if you want to look at tens of different builds to see how they play out, it gets old pretty quick.

2) No skill tree view comparison - both in the game to see things to look forward to and in the game start - to be able to effectively compare stuff. Even more awesome if there was the possibility to pick a second class later in the game - think Titan Quest, where you can easily browse through multiple skill trees without having to google them on some wiki.

3) Difficulty - the game really gets cheesily easy past level 6-7 or so, even on PotD somewhat diminishing the effect of the work one puts into optimizing the builds.

Now when I saw the patch I was hopeful. Skip intro was finally added along with some other QoL stuff, so hopefully some skill tree view would be added somewhere along the way.

However, as many have noted before, the way of addressing the difficulty leaves a lot to be desired. Balance fixes are obviously not geared towards casual gamers or story-oriented gamers (who don't really care about number-wise fixes anyway).

So they target the power gamer/achiever archetype - people at least somewhat like me (and some of my friends). People like this obsess about numbers and creating the best possible build, being able to suffer and inferior build just to make things click at one point, where it all comes together with a single item or skill combination and producing the best damage output or the coolest idea/skill combination.

Most of the awesome builds, which I was looking forward to try are now nerfed to the point of being absolutely uninteresting to try (take the reduction of deflection on llengrath for instance, hugely nerfing a riposte wizard). Most of the weapons or armours to make builds around suffered from the same fate (take the metaphysics based weapon that now doesnt do anything meaningful at all even with max metaphysics). Weapons and class builds are now almost all the same. The staple things that made them different and made me want to play this or that combination are now almost all gone.

This is the fate that often meets multiplayer games - like starcraft 2 - where the game becomes too balanced for the people to be fun. Hence, Blizzard has created a coop mode, where they can go rampant with absolutely broken stuff to make the game fun for people to play. Or take the Titan Quest/Grim Dawn aRPGs with zillions of interesting "broken" combinations. This works, because it is in a single player game - where you don't have to obsess that much about balance, but rather have elements, which make the game more interesting, varied and fun. That make the classes/items fit some specific niche.

Balancing is hard, but I think anything (even leaving the game as it was, and just fixing the bugs and adding QoL) would be better. Think doubling the enemy HP or Damage (which is a rather sad standard on numerous DnD based games) or something as simple. That would make the game more challenging without taking out most of the flavour and fun from classes and items.

So c'mon? Why do this to a single player game?

I was waiting for this patch, to fix the bugs and add QoL. It did, but it removed a large part of the fun from the game. Hence, from my perspective, the game is worse off after the patch, than it was before. So, I'll keep an eye out on further patches, but won't play it until something significant happens. If it does not... well, too bad.

TLDR: Nice bug fixes, appreciate all the work, but... really bad balancing changes from fun/power-building perspective. Not playing again or recommending, unless things change.

• Like 3

Finished the game after the patch, couple of thoughts

Unique items were murdered for nothing - Path of the Damned with upwards level scaling is still easy, even without abusing the figurines
(It is annoyingly difficult in the beginning, but once you get to the good stuff in skill trees - its game over for AI)

Nerfing everything to boring mediocrity made theorycrafting and hunting legendary items much less exciting, and game lost most of its flavour

It was awful decision, to nerf everything to the ground

Edited by shamil.a
  • Like 2