Does Soul Blade suck now? Focus to damage conversion reduced by 50%... no more soul annihilation AoE (with Wotep)...

Nope, still packs a wallop. Just not ridiculously OP anymore

"Art and song are creations but so are weapons and lies"

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

Hey Linux Folk,

I am very sorry for the delay (and silence) here. There were a couple of issues with getting the build transferred to the GOG Linux team preventing them from doing their set-up. We have resolved those issues, and the team there is now unblocked. It is actively being worked on, but the processing is quite lengthy for games as large as ours. They are hoping to have that process complete Early tomorrow morning (~ 15 hours from the time of this post).

Again, I am very that this is taking far longer than we expected. I'll update the main post as well so our other Linux users are aware.

-David

At the risk of being a nag, is there an ETA on the linux version on GOG? I still can't see it so I assume there is still an issue of some sort?

There was an issue with the Linux Version on GOG, that we are working to resolve in the next few hours.

When?

I would like to know too...

Apparently it is going to be a few lengthy hours.

Yeah, it would be fine if we were at least kept up to date on the status--I hate just waiting and refreshing the page. Could we at least be told if there will be an official announcement once it's fixed? Can we sign up for an email update when it's ready or something? The official announcement on the Obsidian site didn't even mention that there was an issue with the Linux patch and now it's been several days after the patch notes said a few hours :(

Thank you very much for the update. I appreciate being able to talk to you all directly! Looking forward to the new difficulty!

• Like 1

Does Soul Blade suck now? Focus to damage conversion reduced by 50%... no more soul annihilation AoE (with Wotep)...

Hmm, but I guess the really squishy builds (Witch...) are now not really worth it anymore. Keeping them alive when they don't one or two-shot their opponents will be a hassle.

I don't think I saw it in the notes but are non-kith sailors recognized in their ship slots now? My ship of misfits wasn't really working what with helmsman Birtha constantly asking me if we shouldn't have someone at the wheel. They also didn't show up during events. 

Hmm, but I guess the really squishy builds (Witch...) are now not really worth it anymore. Keeping them alive when they don't one or two-shot their opponents will be a hassle.
Why would Soul Blade be a squishy build?

"Our worst enemies are inventions of the mind. Pleasure. Fear. When we see them for what they are, we become unstoppable."

I was referring to Witch, mainly. Very low deflection and not great health.

But the barbarian side of Witch, gives one access to Thick Skin, Frenzy, etc. Then again, my only experience with that multi-class is Serafen, who is ranger character in my party

But the barbarian side of Witch, gives one access to Thick Skin, Frenzy, etc. Then again, my only experience with that multi-class is Serafen, who is ranger character in my party

Yeah, there are excellent abilities there (Berserker frenzy ftw, tenacious and hardy are great inspirations), but you do get hit an awful lot with the low base deflection and frenzy penalty. A witch frontliner is always in danger of going down. The cheesy combination of Soul Annihilation + Wotep aoe really helped survivability by simply outkilling your enemies.

In the current balancing state I'm quite sure that pure Barbarian(/Berserker) is a lot more durable and thus also a more reliable damage dealer.

Edited by M4xw0lf

That makes sense, though I don’t know why one would put a low base deflection on the frontline.

Hey Linux Folk,

I am very sorry for the delay (and silence) here. There were a couple of issues with getting the build transferred to the GOG Linux team preventing them from doing their set-up. We have resolved those issues, and the team there is now unblocked. It is actively being worked on, but the processing is quite lengthy for games as large as ours. They are hoping to have that process complete Early tomorrow morning (~ 15 hours from the time of this post).

Again, I am very that this is taking far longer than we expected. I'll update the main post as well so our other Linux users are aware.

-David

At the risk of being a nag, is there an ETA on the linux version on GOG? I still can't see it so I assume there is still an issue of some sort?

There was an issue with the Linux Version on GOG, that we are working to resolve in the next few hours.

When?

Yeah, it would be fine if we were at least kept up to date on the status--I hate just waiting and refreshing the page. Could we at least be told if there will be an official announcement once it's fixed? Can we sign up for an email update when it's ready or something? The official announcement on the Obsidian site didn't even mention that there was an issue with the Linux patch and now it's been several days after the patch notes said a few hours :(

Thanks for the update! I can see the 1.1 download now, but it seems to be currupted. The download is only 17,4GB instead of the 20,3GB advertised on gog.com and when executing the download it fails with "Initial setup failed. Cannot continue.". I had the same issue with an early download of the 1.02 version of the game but it was fixed shortly afterwards ( https://www.gog.com/forum/pillars_of_eternity_series/poe2_patch_102_on_linux/post9 )

Hey Linux Folk,

-David

When?

Thanks for the update! I can see the 1.1 download now, but it seems to be currupted. The download is only 17,4GB instead of the 20,3GB advertised on gog.com and when executing the download it fails with "Initial setup failed. Cannot continue.". I had the same issue with an early download of the 1.02 version of the game but it was fixed shortly afterwards ( https://www.gog.com/forum/pillars_of_eternity_series/poe2_patch_102_on_linux/post9 )

I can confirm the corrupt 17.4 GB download.

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

The download for a full game installer is technically there, but not a patch, and the full installer is corrupted

shame-gif-1465520937.gif?quality=.8&heig

No offence but its mindbogling that people didnt notice something that appears when you mouse hover on boars at the start of the game.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99448-beastiary-bug/

you're right , i haven't think about that before, so good point Edited by kilay
  • Like 1

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

The download for a full game installer is technically there, but not a patch, and the full installer is corrupted

shame-gif-1465520937.gif?quality=.8&heig

It's just been fixed, many thanks to the linux dev(s) for eventually fixing the issue

Yup, the new file works.

I hope both Obsidian and GOG fixed their processes as well. So far they have very poor success rate at delivering correct files on time.