hey..whatta mean with this ? 

• Companion relationship conversations will now trigger at a slower pace.

I mean 

the companions dialogues were firing too fast . So did you return them to normal rate ? or did you make them fire extra slow ? Also , what about missing dialogues?   

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

how the author suggested also a check on the status effect should work but i am not able to set that (and idk if him has suggested me to try cuz it is doable or if it was just a consideration about a next add-on)

That status effect (the one when the cipher becomes "ascended") is a unique status and doesn't have a check in the conditionals page, but that would be a much easier way to make a mod for that condition.

Indeed, it seems like somebody did just that.

• Like 1

how the author suggested also a check on the status effect should work but i am not able to set that (and idk if him has suggested me to try cuz it is doable or if it was just a consideration about a next add-on)

That status effect (the one when the cipher becomes "ascended") is a unique status and doesn't have a check in the conditionals page, but that would be a much easier way to make a mod for that condition.

Indeed, it seems like somebody did just that.

Yep, already translated to Italian , after a little time should be available on Nexus

I stopped my current run mostly to try a new character idea, and only waited for the patch because it happened to be coming out soon. There was really only one bug that bothered me in my playthrough and I was wondering if anyone knows if this particular bug was fixed.

Does Serafin's quest still not resolve?

No. It’s as bad a situation as the BG Dagger quest that Beams can’t seem to fix.

No matter which fork in the road you take I am certain adventure awaits.

Could someone put into spoiler tags what the issue is with Serafen’s quest? I don’t recall running into an issue but maybe I just overlooked it.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Guest Psychovampiric Shield

There was an issue with the Linux Version on GOG, that we are working to resolve in the next few hours.

When?

I would like to know too...

Apparently it is going to be a few lengthy hours.

Edited by Psychovampiric Shield

Could someone put into spoiler tags what the issue is with Serafen’s quest? I don’t recall running into an issue but maybe I just overlooked it.

There aren't any spoilers there. When you "finish" his quest there is no close. No banter like, "Thanks for the help", no confrimation from the game that you did it, it just quietly cloeses in your journal and the game acts like it never happened.

@Blades of Vanatar Its not that bad. At least you can DO the quest. With the dagger, Beamdog introduced an interesting plot hook that felt like it was going somewhere before effectively saying, "Oh you wanted resolution to that? Nah, we changed our minds."

Did you speak with Serafen of your own volition afterward? I got a final dialog about Remaro and Serafen gave me a magical hat. Granted, it would have made more sense for Serafen to “want to talk”, instead of waiting for me to do it... but still.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Did you speak with Serafen of your own volition afterward? I got a final dialog about Remaro and Serafen gave me a magical hat. Granted, it would have made more sense for Serafen to “want to talk”, instead of waiting for me to do it... but still.

I can't seem to figure out spoilers on this forum. But what about what happened when you next left port? Remember the circumstances around Remaro.

Does Soul Blade suck now? Focus to damage conversion reduced by 50%... no more soul annihilation AoE (with Wotep)...

Well, you can play SoulBlade and never use Soul Anihiliation at all, but nosub or Ascendant would probably be better.

YOu may play SoulBlade /Assasin, and use backstab Anihilitaion is some boss fights.

Taking a break from Pillars II for awhile --probably until all the DLC is out in December--but I welcome this patch. 

Some balance comments on classes I actually play and items:

Fighter
Glad to see some truly OP abilities go.

Rogue
Basically unaltered. Rogues still need a skill at PL 8 or so to gain class resource on kill (for single class only). 

Priest
A step, but only a step, in the proper direction. Priest got the balance axe less than other classes and sounds like devs heard some complaints and agreed to make single-target inspirations cast faster. This move was only fair and fully in-line w/ existing single-target inspirations for other classes. But the cumulative effect after weakening Devotions will probably be that nobody plays priest except for flavor. Although Dire Blessing and Devotions still stack apparently (haven't tested).

It now also seems like Litany for the Body and Litany for the Spirit would be potentially useful spells. 

That said, the priest now has some serious redundancies. Why take Blessing, Prayer for the Body, or Prayer for the spirit at all -- they each are replaced by a better version like two PL later? 

Above all Priest needs more +1 spell/encounter trinkets or even higher-level passives that allow them to cast more lower level spells.  Priest currently has no identifiable class feature that distinguishes him or her from the generic caster type.  Ciphers have focus on hit, wizards have grimoires offering unlimited spell access, druids have shapeshifting, and priests have...radiance that sort of (barely) responds to disposition...
If priest is theoretically healing and support, enable the class to actually do that by granting more spells / level, at least for levels 1-4. The class needs a boost. 

Paladin 
Is still good. Was happy to see that the balance axe did not come down too hard. But the Shieldbearer of St. Elega special still appears too strong? 

Wizard
Is still stupidly strong; a hold-over from POE1 and BG. 

Items

My number one gripe w/ items is that the Grimoire of Vaporous Wizardry also avoided the rebalance axe, which is a facepalm since it is one of the strongest items in the game. Make different Grimoires provide a few extra spells per/encounter at different PLs-- this would add another tactical layer and difficulty. +1 to all spells/ power level / encounter is absurdly OP; the evidence is that it would be considered a no-brainer passive ability to take if offered at //any// power level. But no you still receive it for less than 10k gold and can easily steal it. Please rebalance the item; there is currently no other item that is as broken.

I was also sort of sorry to see a lot of the items have their proc chance weakened so much. Some were definitely broken but now it seems like some are just like, generic superbs with flavor text now. Sad. 

Penetration and armor mechanics:
My impression during the original and beta 1.1 was that some weapon types are obviously bad, while others have modals that are entirely unnecessary or redundant or just bad. I like the notion of having to swap weapons but think the whole system needs scaling and tuning. I would suggest revisiting that balance so that low pen weapons are the obvious choice against low armor enemies while high pen weapons or modals are a necessary evil against high armor enemies, particularly on PotD, but offer merely respectable damage otherwise. This is intuitive and means there are actual tradeoffs while the current system appears to be that high pen weapons are always the obvious choice. 

Edited by lpro
  • Like 1

The phantom spells for wizard are now entirely useless. What is the point of giving substantial phantom abilities if you cannot command the phantom to use them? I play with AI set to defend self only. I don't want to use AI scripting on my main character just so he can use a spell that wasn't broken before updating.

• Like 3

^ Same with Tekehu’s Watery Double, really.

• Like 1

So why Chanters can control his summons, but wizard and druid cannot? Weird decision.

Possibly a power-balancing/flavor thing; chanter is more of a summon class than wizard and druid so they get the power advantage of being able to micromanage their summons? I mean, I doubt it's just a simple oversight given how specific some of these 1.1 changes were.

Also, as a wizard you can control maura's writhing tentacles.

There was an issue with the Linux Version on GOG, that we are working to resolve in the next few hours.

When?

Yeah, it would be fine if we were at least kept up to date on the status--I hate just waiting and refreshing the page. Could we at least be told if there will be an official announcement once it's fixed? Can we sign up for an email update when it's ready or something? The official announcement on the Obsidian site didn't even mention that there was an issue with the Linux patch and now it's been several days after the patch notes said a few hours :(

Hey Linux Folk,

I am very sorry for the delay (and silence) here. There were a couple of issues with getting the build transferred to the GOG Linux team preventing them from doing their set-up. We have resolved those issues, and the team there is now unblocked. It is actively being worked on, but the processing is quite lengthy for games as large as ours. They are hoping to have that process complete Early tomorrow morning (~ 15 hours from the time of this post).

Again, I am very that this is taking far longer than we expected. I'll update the main post as well so our other Linux users are aware.

-David

At the risk of being a nag, is there an ETA on the linux version on GOG? I still can't see it so I assume there is still an issue of some sort?

When?

Yeah, it would be fine if we were at least kept up to date on the status--I hate just waiting and refreshing the page. Could we at least be told if there will be an official announcement once it's fixed? Can we sign up for an email update when it's ready or something? The official announcement on the Obsidian site didn't even mention that there was an issue with the Linux patch and now it's been several days after the patch notes said a few hours :(

• Like 4

So beastiary bug its not fixed yet?

which bug?