The list of features and bugfixes is great.

However I look at some of the nerfs and just facepalm.

Yeah.

Basically what people were afraid of in this thread:

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101241-some-concerns-regarding-patch-11/

Anyway, with such drastic nerfs to so many abilities I foresee some new set of abilities becoming overwhelmingly good no-brainers (compared to everything else) while stuff that's currently OP becomes so underpowered as to be useless. :/

Just to clarify, this is saying that they're capped at only being able to scale 4 or 6 levels higher? So if I'm level 16 and come across a fight that was level 6 unscaled, it would only scale up to level 10 for the unnamed enemies and 12 for the named ones? Why not have them scale all the way up?

To maintain some variety and pacing to encounters, why even have levels at all if you can never outlevel anything?

I'm pretty sure there are mods out there that do 1:1 level scaling, and I'm sure there will be some fantastic maximum difficulty mods in the future, but I don't think most people want the level scaling to make level 1 enemies level 20, so this approach is better for an unmodded game IMO.

Well, there goes any reason to play Beckoner.

• Like 1

How can anyone in their right mind try to ship a multimillion dollar product without making absolutely sure that they don't upset all their players with a degree in Medieval English Linguistics?

I tried some hats on Maia and it seems her hair doesn't get adjusted correctly. Only had two for test- the tricorn and that cowboy hat and both didn't removed the upper parts of her hair, therefore clipped through very much.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Is Triple Crown achievement finally included?

We are looking to add more difficult achievements (in-game only, not Steam/GOG achievements) in a future patch

For some reason I still have version 1.1.0.0034. Steam doesn't want to upgrade the game. :( 

The Beta branch still had 1.1.0.0034. I have just updated it, thanks for letting us know.

Suggestion:

For Ranger Pet Companion: fur pattern.

So you could take a bear companion, but you could paint it white, or panda, black, brown.

Or you could take lion, and turn it into Tiger, or Cougouar.

And so on.

• Like 8

As someone playing on a relatively normal difficulty - fights were 50/50 for me, playing for fun.

I have been regretting picking a Beckoner as my character for a while now - I've had scenarios where they spawn, can't get off an attack and then vanish on numerous occasions. Now that they cost more to cast..

Im wondering - how can I respec Beckoner? I can change everything else, but not that - and I am now not enjoying the game. But with soe many hours into the story I don't want to start again.

Genuinely quite close to stopping playing :(  /sad face.

• Like 1

Juneau & Alphecca Daley currently tearing up Tyria.

As someone playing on a relatively normal difficulty - fights were 50/50 for me, playing for fun.

I have been regretting picking a Beckoner as my character for a while now - I've had scenarios where they spawn, can't get off an attack and then vanish on numerous occasions. Now that they cost more to cast..

Im wondering - how can I respec Beckoner? I can change everything else, but not that - and I am now not enjoying the game. But with soe many hours into the story I don't want to start again.

Are you ok with using console?

It will stop your achievment hording. But what can be done

You need to get naked. The character. Player... up to personal taste.

~

Iroll20s

OpenCharacterCreation

AddExperienceToLevel (level you had)

• Like 1

Also, I don't see anything about crew with multiple skills not having all of their skills level up completely or something like that, maybe that's still being worked on?

Not sure if this is what you're referring to, but crew only level up the skill in the role for which they are currently assigned on the ship, and normal crew (as opposed to captains) have a max of 4 total ranks across all of their skills. 

Are you ok with using console?

It will stop your achievment hording. But what can be done

You need to get naked. The character. Player... up to personal taste.

~

Iroll20s

OpenCharacterCreation

AddExperienceToLevel (level you had)

I'm just going to stick it out and finish the main story. I wasn't really trying hard to do well - hence stuck it on classic difficulty.

Lots on my plate at the moment so didn't want to have to deep dive and "try hard", just enjoy the story, sink some ships.

Would be nice if respec also allowed the Beckoner thing - especially considering that was quite a big change to something that felt pretty underwhelming in game. NVM - Cracking on with main story.

Juneau & Alphecca Daley currently tearing up Tyria.

So do Explosives no longer scale based on Explosives skill? What does Explosives skill accomplish then?

I assume what the patch note actually means is that now explosives only scale with the power level granted by explosives. They used to also have some weird, additional scaling based on character level (and not your power level, since it was the same between multiclass and singleclass). I documented it in this power level thread here (which i'll have to update for 1.1):  https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99409-mechanics-power-level-compilation-thread/

• Like 2

Yeah some of the nerfs are uncalled for. Absolutely fine with the overpowered stuff, but other nerfs are frustrating.

Really, really hope they relook the darn beckoner nerf. It's a tad bizarre actually, they left troubadour and skald alone,and nerfed the weakest chanter subclass... Not suggesting they nerf the other subclasses btw, just odd that they would smack down the weakest...

Will hold off playing my canon (beckoner) in the hopes they will relook it.

• Like 3

"Those who look upon gods then say, without even knowing their names, 'He is Fire. She is Dance. He is Destruction. She is Love.' So, to reply to your statement, they do not call themselves gods. Everyone else does, though, everyone who beholds them."
"So they play that on their fascist banjos, eh?"
"You choose the wrong adjective."
"You've already used up all the others.”

Lord of Light

What do you guys really expect ? When you have 90% of the official fóruns crying the game is too easy , even now there are people saying the game is too easy , when i got this game i was sure i was buying a RPG , but looks like i was wrong and i end up with some type of Dark Souls isometric edition ... Jokes aside , i wish the Devs focus more on Bugs , companions and story ajustments , but people keep complaining about difficulty , so ....

Edited by Whitewolfsp
  • Like 10

THANK YOU for the difficulty increase and toning down of some pretty egregious abilities and their multi-class combinations. I've been hesitant to get invested in my play through(s) as my full-companion run on Veteran became a joke around lvl 8-10 (Paladin/Monk - yes I know the combination was OP but I didn't know during creation, I just wanted a Kung Fu master who inspired those around her with an aura of awesomeness!)  Currently I'm running PotD as a Full-Companion run and, again, running over every encounter without much effort - my tank is 2h Pallegina (Fighter/Paladin) supported by DW Eder (Fighter/Rogue), DW Main Character (Rogue/Barb), tank/buffer Xoti (Priest/Monk), and I rotate the 5th spot for quests, mostly AoE god Tekehu... I even started running no-healer compositions too see if the mix of healing/buffs/AoE from Xoti/Tekehu was too good of a combo; still the encounters would fall over, especially with the addition of more mobile melee killers (Serafen) and ranged single-target masters (Maia (sp?))... Again, THANK YOU for the difficulty changes; the game finally feels like overcoming challenges with my band of adventurers instead of kicking over action figures I set up in my room as a kid.

*** A point being missed by those who are calling for the heads of the so called "power gamers" due to nerfs and difficulty tuning ..... You can always lower the combat difficulty if the new Veteran or PotD are too difficult - or if you're looking to just enjoy the story, there are still Story, Relaxed, and Classic difficulties. 

*** Those of us who wanted more of a challenge could not turn the difficulty up beyond PotD (without mods, and I want to play the game with a full-companion playthru for the story, and a PotD custom playthru for the class/ability interactions). I am by no means a "power gamer," but I do enjoy a challenge with my gaming. Now I can enjoy this challenge while coming up with builds to help overcome these challenges, not walk over them as previously was the case. 

Anyway, long time lurker, first time poster  :w00t:

Arg, a few thoughts as I got to the end...

Puzzling Changes

Cipher - I get the Time Parasite nerf, but why not take a pass at the PL 8-9 abilities? As a whole, they are underwhelming. 

Chanter - Beckoner ... just, I'm perplexed. Were single class Beckoners that powerful with the top PL summons? Currently they are not attractive as a multi-class option with a net +2 phrase change to all summons. Maybe remove the penalty to the summoned creatures and make the summon phrases cost even more (+2) so the Beckoner is a master of strong summoned creatures, if you want to pay the cost.

Monk - Turning Wheel, why nerf the high PL ability when Swift Strikes was the problem?

Enjoy the new balance tuning! (Get off the forums and play the game!)

• Like 4

What do you guys really expect ? When you have 90% of the official fóruns crying the game is too easy , even now there are people saying the game is too easy , when i got this game i was sure i was buying a RPG , but looks like i was wrong and i end up with some type of Dark Souls isometric edition ... Jokes aside , i wish the Devs focus more on Bugs , companions and story ajustments , but people keep complaining about difficulty , so ....

THIS

• Like 3

Reading the nerf list:

8d1.png

anyway to just install the patch without the balance changes?

You can save the abilities, attacks, statuseffects, and items gamedatabundle files from 1.02, then install the patch and restore those files. You'll get the features and engine fixes with none of the balance changes.

where is this gamedatabundle files? is it everything inside PillarsOfEternityII_Data\assetbundles ?

Not sure if i'm correct, because i never touched gamedatabundle files before, but i found those files in this path:

Pillars of Eternity II Deadfire\PillarsOfEternityII_Data\exported\design\gamedata

anyway to just install the patch without the balance changes?

You can save the abilities, attacks, statuseffects, and items gamedatabundle files from 1.02, then install the patch and restore those files. You'll get the features and engine fixes with none of the balance changes.

where is this gamedatabundle files? is it everything inside PillarsOfEternityII_Data\assetbundles ?

• Like 1

Yeah, one level 1 ability point is still missing. It's getting annoying, sorry devs, but as someone who preordered your game this is getting ridiculous. A month and you still can't fix that single thing (respec) that was reported hundreds of times. Guess that's what you get for preordering games these days, this game should clearly have spent 6 months more in developement and was rushed. Sorry to be so negative, but I just can't do this anymore. Will come back when you finally fix the game. 

• Like 1