Dichotomous Soul is still bugged, the soul clones still spawn without their elemental fist weapons and deal pathetic crush dmg

I tried to search for this in the bug report section and couldn't find it. I guess that's why it wasn't fixed.

I'll see if I can repro and report.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

anyway to just install the patch without the balance changes?

You can save the abilities, attacks, statuseffects, and items gamedatabundle files from 1.02, then install the patch and restore those files. You'll get the features and engine fixes with none of the balance changes.

where is this gamedatabundle files? is it everything inside PillarsOfEternityII_Data\assetbundles ?

Dichotomous Soul is still bugged, the soul clones still spawn without their elemental fist weapons and deal pathetic crush dmg

I tried to search for this in the bug report section and couldn't find it. I guess that's why it wasn't fixed.

I'll see if I can repro and report.

im pretty sure i reported it, and i just reproduced it post patch

b03ebaafa870f1a41ddaabbc239b1256.png

Edited by TKDancer

Just reproduced as well. I tried a search by "Dichotomous" and by "Twins" and couldn't find it. Was it acknowledged? If not, it might be time for a bump.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Just reproduced as well. I tried a search by "Dichotomous" and by "Twins" and couldn't find it. Was it acknowledged? If not, it might be time for a bump.

it was yesterday, but saddly no changes in 1.1 so i guess we'll have to wait :^(

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/99922-any-eta-on-fix-for-summons-that-spawn-without-proper-weapons-and-spells/

oddly i think substantial phantom spawns with spells now but as you tested, dichotomous souls still dont spawn with their fists

Edited by TKDancer

Just added a screenshot there for good measure.

...and that would explain why Dichotomous Soul felt underwhelming. I find it interesting that it's bugged and deals negligible damage, but they still saw fit fo nerf it.

Obsidian did you put thoughts on your patches at all? 

- Swift Flurry now only triggers additional attacks for Melee weapons.

This basically break an existing build that people already playing.

a build that was honestly wayyyyyy too unbalanced and relied on a mechanics loophole

the moment i found out about i knew it was going to get nerfed, same for cipher's time parasite

• Like 8

Oh, Cipher what? Is it the time parasite nerf? I haven't made it that high of a level yet but all the other nerfs don't see that terrible imo.

that was one of the most noticeable nerfs yeah, but even then that only applies to single class ciphers and a 25% speed up is still pretty good

im more bummed out about body attunement specially considering the addition of armor/pen scaling on enemies

So do we get the additional blessing point if we already did Bekarna's Folly?

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

Is Triple Crown achievement finally included?

Doesn't look like there are any new achievements for now.

Level Scaling now also adjusts enemy levels up. Normal enemies are scaled up to 4 levels higher and Named enemies are scaled up to 6 levels higher

Just to clarify, this is saying that they're capped at only being able to scale 4 or 6 levels higher? So if I'm level 16 and come across a fight that was level 6 unscaled, it would only scale up to level 10 for the unnamed enemies and 12 for the named ones? Why not have them scale all the way up?

Ok, please next time put the patch notes BEFORE releasing the patch so i can turn off the updates.

The game WAS FUN... now again it became gimmick fest to try to solo.

"Overbalancing" single player games for the sake of teenagers gimmickers to get their bragging archievments... blah.

Time to play something else, it was a fun month anyway.

• Like 4

Ok, please next time put the patch notes BEFORE releasing the patch so i can turn off the updates.

GoG Galaxy (and I believe Steam) allow you to revert to a previous build, that I know of.

GoG Galaxy (and I believe Steam) allow you to revert to a previous build, that I know of.

How? I'd like to complete my current Steam run on the previous settings before doing any new runs withe the updated rules. I hate things that pull the rug from under you right in the middle of a game.

The game WAS FUN... now again it became gimmick fest to try to solo.

"Overbalancing" single player games for the sake of teenagers gimmickers to get their bragging archievments... blah.

Time to play something else, it was a fun month anyway.

you can easily mod the game to achieve whatever balance you want, why are you mad at the devs for trying to make the game more challenging for the many people asking for it?

• Like 2

Steam doesnt allow it.

When a game can be reverted it is on the "Beta" tab... on beta tab there is only the option to PBE.

I was having fun as **** playing the game solo... with this change will become only a grind fest having to slowly metagame the game to progress on hard. If you know any other way to revert to pre changes, let me know. I prefer to play with bugs and a fun game than a bugfree (wich the game isnt even after patch) boring game.

Overtunning the game for no reason and destroying lots of fun builds, bleh.

I was having fun as **** playing the game solo... with this change will become only a grind fest having to slowly metagame the game to progress on hard. If you know any other way to revert to pre changes, let me know.

If you know somebody who's still on 1.02, you could ask them to send you their abilities, attack, item, and statuseffects gamedatabundle files. Swap yours for theirs and you'll have the perks of the patch with none of the balance changes.