Hello everyone, I suspect that topic with similar title was already created, BUT I wanted ask not about theoretical "best ranged build at the moment in game", but more particular RP build which will fit to my character.

My character in PoE was Human Rogue with dual stilettos.
However (according my character's story between first and second games) he tired risking with his life in melee combat and was impressed by Arquebuses and pistols, weapons of new Age of Discovery. So he decided to learn a way to fight with arquebus/pistol, leaving close range for more sturdy and hot-headed people. Also, since gunpowder weapons are loud, he decided to attain a new power to help him in combat (what power it will be depends of second class during multi-classing).

Now (sorry if bored you with my RP story) I just trying to decide which rogue multi-class would better fitting to human shooter:

1) Rogue(Assasin)/Cipher(Ascendant) (his experiments in Caed Nua allowed to gain cipher powers),

2) Rogue(Streetfigther)/Ranger(Stalker) ( during his hunt in forest of Caed Nua, Watcher found a helpless animal and decided to take in Caed Nua)

3) Rogue(Streetfighter)/Fighter(Devoted) (Watcher noticed how Eder roll his eyes up after "Powerful" Watcher of Caed Nua can't stand a xaurip in open fight, so he decided to be more sturdy)

Which one is better? And if you think there better subclass combinations  or multi class for ranged gun wielding Human, please write in comments below, I would be interested in any suggestion. If you want to share RP background for multi class, you can write it too. It would be interesting to read.

P.S. Sorry for any grammatical mistake, English is not my native language.

I would pair street fighter with ascendant and not assassin but you'd want to use blunderbuss for the modal. Street fighter for a ranged class typically isn't that good unless you use the blunderbuss modal which causes you to be flanked. If you aren't going to do that than use asassin if you're willing to use stealth.

I'd do street fighter with ascendent and use blunderbuss it's a ton of fun and the action speed effects your spell casting

• Like 1

I would pair street fighter with ascendant and not assassin but you'd want to use blunderbuss for the modal. Street fighter for a ranged class typically isn't that good unless you use the blunderbuss modal which causes you to be flanked. If you aren't going to do that than use asassin if you're willing to use stealth.

I'd do street fighter with ascendent and use blunderbuss it's a ton of fun and the action speed effects your spell casting

Thank you for suggestions, I will think about it.

PoTD and RP are not compatible.

I knew somebody would saying this, but decided not to make assumptions before comments. Well I don't know noticed your or not, but my RP mostly about using specific weapon (guns), base character class (rogue), race of character (human) other stuff would be in dialogues/actions in game. Which part of my setup "not compatible" and why? I mean as much as I remember devs was against min max builds, so whats the problem with making walkthrough with base components like mine?

Streetfighter is kind of clunky mechanically, and definitely not the choice of someone that is 'leaving close range for more sturdy people'.  You'd be running a permanent -50% action speed, unless things went wrong (or you gimmicked the blunderbuss modal to 'Distract' yourself) and you were engaged by multiple people, or badly beaten up.

Sharpshooter from Ranger, is considered bad, because the penalty (-20%?) outweighs the advantages.  I'd consider not Subclassing Rog, and taking Ghostheart from Ranger (Unless you were really into managing a sub par pet, which cripples you if it dies).

​Scout (Rogue / Ranger) has a lot of good stuff for range characters, most of the Rogue debuffs apply from Weapon range, meaning you could be in the back ranks blinding / hobbling etc, which is nice, safe, and allows you to get sneak attack damage.  Assassin is a good Subclass for Rogue, but you would likely be looking at backstabbing (yes with guns) mid fight once everything has been locked down.

Rog / Cip isn't bad either, but you'll end up more focused on maybe charming someone, shooting for a bit, until you get your Focus capped, and then casting everything from Cipher side (Ascendant.  Soul Blade wouldn't be good with range weapons, Beguiler isn't bad, but not as 'mechanically' useful).

The game, especially in normal / Hard, should be enough that you aren't required to have 'best' builds to get through the game, and any of these should work.

• Like 2

Streetfighter is kind of clunky mechanically, and definitely not the choice of someone that is 'leaving close range for more sturdy people'.  You'd be running a permanent -50% action speed, unless things went wrong (or you gimmicked the blunderbuss modal to 'Distract' yourself) and you were engaged by multiple people, or badly beaten up.

Sharpshooter from Ranger, is considered bad, because the penalty (-20%?) outweighs the advantages.  I'd consider not Subclassing Rog, and taking Ghostheart from Ranger (Unless you were really into managing a sub par pet, which cripples you if it dies).

​Scout (Rogue / Ranger) has a lot of good stuff for range characters, most of the Rogue debuffs apply from Weapon range, meaning you could be in the back ranks blinding / hobbling etc, which is nice, safe, and allows you to get sneak attack damage.  Assassin is a good Subclass for Rogue, but you would likely be looking at backstabbing (yes with guns) mid fight once everything has been locked down.

Rog / Cip isn't bad either, but you'll end up more focused on maybe charming someone, shooting for a bit, until you get your Focus capped, and then casting everything from Cipher side (Ascendant.  Soul Blade wouldn't be good with range weapons, Beguiler isn't bad, but not as 'mechanically' useful).

The game, especially in normal / Hard, should be enough that you aren't required to have 'best' builds to get through the game, and any of these should work.

I just cleared the Drake fight in the digsite on lvl 4 solo, 1.1 Potd upscaled on a Ghostheart/Ascendant using a rifle, very powerful combo

Thak you very much for suggestions, I would consider this during character creation.

POTD is mostly certainly compatible with RP. 

Id go rogue/ghostheart ranger. You hunted an elder bear and its spirit follows you now.

Ghostheart is essentially a ranger summoner. Bear is tanky, and no engagement means it's super easy to flank. You could also try boar, resilient and smaller so more useful in close spots.

• Like 1

POTD is mostly certainly compatible with RP. 

Id go rogue/ghostheart ranger. You hunted an elder bear and its spirit follows you now.

Ghostheart is essentially a ranger summoner. Bear is tanky, and no engagement means it's super easy to flank. You could also try boar, resilient and smaller so more useful in close spots.

Thank you for answer, subclass for rogue any of without subclass?

Oh hey, I also am doing a scout right now since paladin got nerfed a bit. Scout makes a pretty good tank with heavy armor, and dual pistols. Streetfighter/Stalker with bear is a lot more fun than you would think.

Thank you for suggestions. My condolences about Paladin nerf, it connnected with latest 1.1 patch?

Streetfighter is kind of clunky mechanically, and definitely not the choice of someone that is 'leaving close range for more sturdy people'. You'd be running a permanent -50% action speed, unless things went wrong (or you gimmicked the blunderbuss modal to 'Distract' yourself) and you were engaged by multiple people, or badly beaten up.

Sharpshooter from Ranger, is considered bad, because the penalty (-20%?) outweighs the advantages. I'd consider not Subclassing Rog, and taking Ghostheart from Ranger (Unless you were really into managing a sub par pet, which cripples you if it dies).

​Scout (Rogue / Ranger) has a lot of good stuff for range characters, most of the Rogue debuffs apply from Weapon range, meaning you could be in the back ranks blinding / hobbling etc, which is nice, safe, and allows you to get sneak attack damage. Assassin is a good Subclass for Rogue, but you would likely be looking at backstabbing (yes with guns) mid fight once everything has been locked down.

Rog / Cip isn't bad either, but you'll end up more focused on maybe charming someone, shooting for a bit, until you get your Focus capped, and then casting everything from Cipher side (Ascendant. Soul Blade wouldn't be good with range weapons, Beguiler isn't bad, but not as 'mechanically' useful).

Just want to add that sharpshooter is only 10% now so it's not a bad deal If you plan on going for it.