How have you seen NPCs react to races/cultures?

The big NPC reactions I've noticed are for Aumaua - in a nice touch, the two types of Aumaua get separate reactions, and there are even special reactions for Island Aumaua from Deadfire and for Coastal Aumaua from Rauatai. What else is prominent in-game?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Orlan peddler from the Brass Citadel greets a fellow orlan with "It's always good to see another furry face". Some merchants like the blacksmith from Periki's Overlook reacts to an orlan watcher by saying that they don't usually make armors in such small sizes but they can work out something. There's also one rather funny option in Tikawara when you ask for baby lagufeaths to be released. If you play as an orlan you can choose "Please take mercy, no one that small should be put in a cage".

There are rare remarks reserved for Pale Elves too. Usually people react by saying that they never seen one of your kind this far north. Udita from Dunnage (pale elf who gives you bounty tasks) also reacts to a fellow pale elf but I don't think Ydwin does? I played as a pale elf and still could tell her that she doesn't seem to get much sun. It was a weird option and I didn't pick it so I have no idea how Ydwin reacts to that coming from another pale elf.

I think death godlikes get some reactions too (finally).

• Like 1

Oh, another one: in Port Maje, folks on the street will wonder if a Wood Elf is an animancer.

Usually people react by saying that they never seen one of your kind this far north.

I've definitely seen that for non-Pale Elves. Coastal Aumaua, even, iirc.

one of the best reaction was playing death godlike..and near Berath temple , some guy (or kid?) run away screaming  :lol:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Oh, another one: in Port Maje, folks on the street will wonder if a Wood Elf is an animancer.

Usually people react by saying that they never seen one of your kind this far north.

I've definitely seen that for non-Pale Elves. Coastal Aumaua, even, iirc.

I've seen both of these for my Wood Elf.

Also apparently Tekehu get's people coming up to him in the streets A LOT considering how many times I've seen somebody say 'Another time, Tekehu'

I've had multiple people comment on me being from Deadfire which is nice.(Even if I'm regretting using my Deadfire Watcher for my first playthrough...it was not perhaps the best idea since I know NOTHING...although they did a decent job at telling you what you would know in the responses or text without feeling forced or dumb which is nice. Not great ALL the time but decent which is awesome actually. A lot of games have a hard time balancing between the player may not know this BUT their character is from the area and I feel they did pretty well here.)

Death godlike get a lot of reactions. I think my favorite was an option to tell a thug that tried to rob me "Do you see my face? Wanna know what I did in my previous life so that Berath would make me look like this?" which made the guy reconsider and back off. Reminded me of the fun I had playing a Nosferatu in VtMB.

• Like 2

Some Huana will remark on my character from White That Wends: "Your people travel even more than ours do." Not sure if that's true or if it's just a reaction to seeing her in the Deadfire, since I've only seen maybe one or two pale elves. No reaction from the boreal dwarves you encounter on Nemnok's island.

Nature godlike- Many comments on people hoping that her presence will be a blessing. Nice reaction from some bog druids who recognize her as blessed of Galawain and let her pass.

Druid- You can rest at shrines as long as someone in the party has high enough Religion to identify them.

Oh yeah...and Principale say something if you are from Aedyr....

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

So I found this in another thread:

https://wiki.fireundubh.com/deadfire/dialogue-options

It doesn't say anything about what the responses are, but it is a handy-dandy reference for what comes up in dialogue checks and NPC reactions.

• Like 1

So I found this in another thread:

https://wiki.fireundubh.com/deadfire/dialogue-options

It doesn't say anything about what the responses are, but it is a handy-dandy reference for what comes up in dialogue checks and NPC reactions.

I use that...when I start a new game .

There is similar thing for previous POE1 as well . very handy! 

Elderly Hive Dweller

Some Huana will remark on my character from White That Wends: "Your people travel even more than ours do." Not sure if that's true or if it's just a reaction to seeing her in the Deadfire, since I've only seen maybe one or two pale elves.

I don't know if this is a bug, but you get this line with any background (along with "It's rare to see one of your kind so far north" or something like that, which I get even on my Living Lands character - what are you even talking about, people, my homeland is as far in the north as it can be!).

Furrante really likes you if you're from Old Vailia. Also my moony had a funny scene in the estate of the noble that Deseo asks you to rob. "Ooooh, Ngati's chosen, what honor, what honor!" *notices Pallegina* "Oooooh, Amira's chosen! Twice the honor, my house is blessed!" Tekehu: "No love for me? :(" -- "Well, this is a respectable house"  :biggrin:

• Like 6

Some Huana will remark on my character from White That Wends: "Your people travel even more than ours do." Not sure if that's true or if it's just a reaction to seeing her in the Deadfire, since I've only seen maybe one or two pale elves.

I don't know if this is a bug, but you get this line with any background (along with "It's rare to see one of your kind so far north" or something like that, which I get even on my Living Lands character - what are you even talking about, people, my homeland is as far in the north as it can be!).

My assumption would be it's based on the choice of MCs race rather than the choice of MCs culture/nationality, w/e. IE you could be a Pale Elf from the Living Lands, but people still react like they think you're from The White that Wends cause you're a pale elf.

Not sure what other races this would apply to, but that one would make sense for sure. Boreal Dwarves too I guess.

Okay. I remembered that this is something said in the Brass Citadel. He might just mean Dyrwoodans.