GTX 1080ti and getting below 30 FPS....

Stardusk78

Question

4 answers to this question

I have a 1080 Ti too and it's the same with me, gameplay is smooth mostly but with major hitches especially after long gaming sessions. And FPS is in general FAR lower than you'd expect.

It'll be improved with patches but don't expect too much, the Unity engine is known for these types of issues and Obsidian released during a timeframe where they had to focus on gamebreaking issues first and fix the rest post-launch. Sucks, but hey. I'd rather play the game since it's still a more amazing experience than anything else I've played this year

Hi,

I also have performance issues with a Radeon RX480 8GB. On 3440x1440 with high quality setting it has 41 FPS while the game is paused or in the pause menu and the GPU load is on 100%. When I drop to low quality I get to about 80 FPS with a GPU avg load on 55%. CPU is on high and low setting between 50 and 60% and good spread out over 4 cores with 8 threads on a i7 3770K, so not the bottleneck. There is no difference if the game is paused or not.

I would not expect the GPU to be a bottle neck for a game like this.

I also run PoE2 with RenderDoc to see what is happening in one frame on the GPU and it seems to render the whole scene every time independent of the pause state of the game. So maybe that could be optimized if rendering results are carried over from one frame to the next. Maybe try rendering to smaller tiles that can be reused and update only those where some change is expected. But I am not a game or graphics programmer, so I am just speculating here. I trust that you know best how to optimize it.

Doing that would also lower the HW requirements and then using integrated GPUs would become feasible. As it is now, I don't think I could play this otherwise fantastic game on my non-gaming laptop and that is a bit disappointing.

Edit: Oh right this is on Windows. I might test it on Linux as well, because the game seems to have lower HW requirements there.

Edited by PyroDevil