[1.1.0.0034] Giant Cave Grub (old city boss) Int affliction weakness instead of immunity - 0 Challenge

anishar

Question

Hello,

I've noticed the Giant Cave Grub (old city boss) has a curious Intellect Affliction WEAKNESS, i suppose it is meant to be an immunity and is not intended, right?

Currently you can just spam charm the boss with any confused effect, making the encounter... Not interesting at all!

Also as a side note, i made a new run with the latest version, and it seems like early game difficulty was reduced???? I've had a super easy time so far...

PotD is meant to be difficult, please do not make it easy because people say it's too hard... We already can roll over any encounter without optimizing our characters, using potions, rest/inn buffs, weapon poisoning and so on...

PotD should push players to make use of all the interesting game mechanics meant to increase your power to win clutch fights!

There is no clutch fight at all currently. Please, i beg you, raise the difficulty, PotD is not for everyone, don't lower your standards! I am currently very disapointed to see fights were made easier... :(

5 answers to this question

It is very likely not an error. Some enemies have weaknesses to certain types of afflictions in addition to resistance/immunity. Whether or not you believe that should be the case on POTD is a different story, I guess.

it's a boss we're talking about tho, not a random minion, it takes 3 entire scene to get to it, a rather long quest, and you could just charm it and win without effort? i doubt that's intented, or it is terrible design