Ideas that would never happen that you would love (not class specific)

1) Clothing costume creator of some kind, mentioned this before, basically so you can make your gear look like any clothing. Eder looks amazing in that wide brimmed cowboy hat, for example. 

2) Companion Gear Loadout. Set it so that when you swap companions out their gear goes to stash, and if its in stash the saved loadout would equip them when they join the active crew. I know right, I'm lazy.

3) stealthers can enter doors and go off on their own with group mates still on map. Idk how youd do it, but gosh itd be ebautiful

4) I think i saw a mod being made for this (based on decisions from POE1) would actually state those decisions. 

5) conversational reactions to silly things like poses voice or hair style. 

6) respec avail from ship

EDIT: forgot this one but really wanted to see it;

7) Monk quarterstaff animations actually look like monk moves/martial arts. 

Edited by QuiteGoneJin
  • Like 5

Maybe not never, but...

Trickster gains a mechanic that steals inspirations.
Ghost Heart gets an upgrade that gives the pet veil piercing to add to its role as a backline harasser.
Ranger trinkets that modify/add lashes to pet damage.

I agree that cosmetic slots would be a welcome addition, especially for companions so they can keep their signature looks.

Edited by Ophiuchus

+1 for more cosmetic options, especially hair.  So hard to match hairstyles when I pick portraits. 

Also, my female character needs some skimpy armor... because reasons.  More seriously, there are a lot of clothing options in game that the player can never really use.  There should be some nice looking unique robes or something that put some of them to use, or even unique clothes.

• Like 3

1) Clothing costume creator of some kind, mentioned this before, basically so you can make your gear look like any clothing. Eder looks amazing in that wide brimmed cowboy hat, for example.<- this is good

2) Sidekicks having more to say and putting some comments while parting, being more than just hiring with bonus portrait.

3) Ranged Ranger's Companion, a little Wurm

4) Handcanon weapon, like oversized arquebusar ogres use. My champion is stronk. To be honest it is about ranged weapon which is not pierced, could be sling or captain ruatai shield.

5) Dawn Godlike, Iron Godlike. It is not class specific.

6) Neketaka sewers and 4 levels of catacombs with cultist, xuirps, spiders, sceletors, ghouls, and spectres. Mad animancer mini boss, and bone dragon at the bottom. Old school dungeon crawl. I would dig that.

Edited by evilcat

1. The already mentioned Transmogrification (i.e. armor/hat look change)

2. Ability to take all guns from a ship, if you have boarded it and killed the enemy crew. Perhaps even use the captured ship?

3. Find ship schematics which could be used for construction of dhow/galleon/junk with better base stats.

4. Ability to become the governor of... Hasongo, Port Maje, Fort Deadlight or set a colony on an uncharted island. And manage it like Crossroad Keep in NWN2.

5. When you have killed enough faction bounties; the faction sends headhunters after you. Really strong headhunters. And preferably 2-3 ships at once.

6. When you train/retrain a character, have all the ability-buying points at once; and be able to pick all abilities without hitting next next next... And same for skills and weapon proficiencies.

7. Sidekicks banter.

Edited by MaxQuest
  • Like 2

6. When you train/retrain a character, have all the ability-buying points at once; and be able to pick all abilities without hitting next next next... And same for skills of weapon proficiencies.

Oh, God, so much this! Even when I have to level up a companion/sidekick/hireling when I recruit them.

Joe

• Like 1

In-game search engine for merchants you've already visited. Type the name of an item, it tells you the name and location of the merchants selling it.

OO! Or make that a personal assistant you have to hire. And maybe they level up, too. A good personal assistant not only knows where to buy things, they know how to get discounts! Or even find things that aren't "for sale". But do they tag along or stay on the boat?

Joe

• Like 1

Added another to my it'll never happen list, monk martial arts quarter staff animations. 

Or event better, every class has one or two special animations with a appropriately themed weapon, when you multiclass you get to pick which one you want. 

I'd like them to lean hard into the soul bound weapons and make all but the most trivial items soulbound. At the moment, there really isn't anything separating magic items from soulbound items. It only feels half realized to me.

I would also like more subclasses that push the creativity envelope. To beat a dead horse, the wizard subclasses are kind of uninspired; it's seem cut and paste from D&D.

Finally, I want more lore. When I create characters, I try to fit them into world with a backstop that makes sense. We have a little bit but I want more hooks.

1. Fast Travel. Yeah I know I know, I'm a filthy casual ;)

2. Smarter AI: Why shouldn't enemy sharpshooters shoot at a gunpowder barrel if ur using it as a chokepoint? Lol.

Why doesn't enemy fighters pull u away from the mages? Etc etc etc

3. Stronger and more epic bossfights. When I first saw the titan my reaction was "oh wow awesome" my reaction 1min later was "how disappointing".

While the first time I fought alpine dragon was also "wow how awesome" but later when he wiped me it was also "oh wow awesome". Yeah.. u get where I'm going with this.

4. Big, fat and very challenging dungeons with interesting loot and secrets!

5. MaxQuest suggestion number 4 and 5.

1. Do something about Form of the Fearsome Brute, the attack animation, the look and lack of weapon, the bonuses.

2. A set or several sets of equippable items for Druid Shifters, like that belt in PoE1, hard to find or obtain, but rewarding and fun.

Yea, I like transforming into stuff ._.;;

3. Longer, deeper dungeons, as was already mentioned.

4. Cosmetic Slots and/or the ability to remove/add enchantments to items such as clothing.

5. Robes, we need more, preferably with some detail if they're unique, like Huana clothing.

I'd like for sharpshooter subclass to gain the Gunhawk subclass perks. To offset it, you could use Bond to summon your animal companion per encounter and suffer the grief debuff if it's knocked out. If you decide not to summon the animal, you would be an awesome sniper anyway. Both sides of the Ranger (pro pet or solo Ranger) would have a choice.

Seconded for a ranged Ranger pet, that would be awesome. 

Also managing a colony (maybe as a DLC?) would be great. It would probably conflict with quests and factions to do it on a current island but there are plenty of uninhabited islands. 

Finally I'd like to see Priests being given a specific mechanic around Inspirations to differentiate them from the other spell casters. I was thinking perhaps that when they cast an Inspiration on a party member that already has one of that type it is upgraded a Tier (so you could cast Prayer for the Body twice on one character to give them Hardy, three times to give them Robust)