Item synergy question: Rekvu's helmet and Vaporous Wizardry Grimoire

Two items:

(1) Rekvu's Fractured Casque: prevents interrupts when you are carrying a wound.

(2) Grimoire of Vaporous Wizardry: gives +1 spell casts of every level, but you are interrupted every time you take damage.

How do these interact? Does the helmet prevent all the interrupts from the grimoire? If so, that's a pretty cool synergy. I'm not in a position to test it right now.

• Like 1

Assuming you don't rest at Inn's you can just keep the wound, by not feeding at campsites.  I haven't checked wounds, but I'm sure there would be some that would be irrelevant to a mage.

Yeah, that's what I'm wondering. I can't find a list of wounds by googling. Anybody know how to figure out a list? And how to get them -- it seems they aren't random, but have something to do with the type of damage that knocks you out.

Edited by TheMetaphysician

To answer my own question, in case anyone is interested: on the first floor of the Poko Kohara dungeon, there is a room full of 10+ traps, all of which cause the injury "wrenched knee," which only causes -25% stride. (There are a few more in a room on the second floor too.) If you don't disarm those traps, you can go back whenever you want and give your mage that injury, to trigger the synergy. That's what I'm doing, and it is great. The penalty is not very noticeable, and easily offset by the spell Fleet Feet or Boots of Speed.

• 1 year later...
On 6/10/2018 at 6:29 AM, TheMetaphysician said:

To answer my own question, in case anyone is interested: on the first floor of the Poko Kohara dungeon, there is a room full of 10+ traps, all of which cause the injury "wrenched knee," which only causes -25% stride. (There are a few more in a room on the second floor too.) If you don't disarm those traps, you can go back whenever you want and give your mage that injury, to trigger the synergy. That's what I'm doing, and it is great. The penalty is not very noticeable, and easily offset by the spell Fleet Feet or Boots of Speed.

Is it repeatable per trap?

If you have a caster with a corrosion spell in the party you can simply cast it onto the guy who needs a minor injury to knock him out. For example Necrotic Lance. You can even cast it onto yourself.

It's only the last hit that kncoks him out which needs to originate from the spell.

You will get an Acute Rash which is one of the mildest injuries there is. Alternatives would be fire damage (Serious Burn) and so on. Maybe, if you shoot your friends with Essence Interrupter (while they are wearing an armor with low shock AR) they will also get the according elemental injury. Never tested though.

Anyway: using a spell is maybe the most simple and least tedious way to get a minor injury for Rekvu's gear.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

4 hours ago, Boeroer said:

Maybe, if you shoot your friends with Essence Interrupter (while they are wearing an armor with low shock AR) they will also get the according elemental injury. Never tested though.

Wouldn't do that. If you crit and afflict player character with experimental souls, it disintegrates on kill 😃

• 11 months later...

If you're not worried about achievements, you can enable the console and apply injuries with the AddInjury console command.

format:

AddInjury [character_id] [affliction_id] 1

example:

AddInjury Player_Nuuruhuin AFF_AcuteRash 1