Hall Of The Unseen - Can It Be Done In Solo?

I've been wondering this question ever since I first did that puzzle dungeon. Has anyone managed to complete this solo (without companions, sidekicks or custom adventurers)?

Hall of the Unseen is an optional dungeon in the southeastern part of the map, on a series of volcanic islands.

• 2 weeks later...

The solution involves pulling IIRC hitting the third to last switch, then second to last switch, and you cannot travel between the two when you do so. Normally this would be done by having a companion in the room with the second to last switch. You might be able to do it with a summon (you can get usable figurines if you aren't a caster) or a teleport ability.

• 4 weeks later...

Gonna bump this in case people search for it via Google.  It is absolutely doable via Solo play.   I did it with a full party, but under the restriction that I couldn't be split up and solve the puzzle that way (it was a proof of concept for later play :))

Seems most  people run into problems at the very south end of the maze where there is a set of four doors that are somewhat interlocking.  Normally folks will leave someone behind to press various switches until everyone can get through.

The key for Solo play is that there are a few switches which don't seem to open anything.  They are almost certainly switches of a sort which will change when doors will open OR they are opening doors far out of sight.

In the case of the south end, the easy way to not have to mess with it is to hit the following switch in front of the already open door (which doesn't appear to do anything) EXACTLY ONCE on your way down there:

qx9aNxw.png

Now keep going down the path and skip ANY switch in front of a door that is ALREADY open.

You know the south doors are set correctly if ONE of the doors is already open, like so:

kaBG1G5.png

Hit the switch directly to the north, and the open door will close, while the closed one will open.

Then hit the switch right next to that normally perplexing door and stroll on in to the rest of the maze.

====

There's a few other places in the maze like that, with perhaps some intentional red herrings thrown in (though I haven't exhaustively tested it).  Regardless that seems to be the tricky one, so the rest should be trial-and-error.  There's another similar puzzle a bit further on the north end, and of course the final door itself.  If I have time later tonight, and I can figure a simple way to do it, I'll provide walkthrough for Solo  play there as well.

Or Wael, as the case may be. :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Not quite on-topic, because I have a whole party, but I have a serious problem of getting OUT of the temple. I got the sceptre and fought the enemies, all doors are open except the main entrance. I can not go back to another save game because I just have this one (trial of iron). What now? I don't remember having this problem (bug?) the last time I played the game.

Not quite on-topic, because I have a whole party, but I have a serious problem of getting OUT of the temple. I got the sceptre and fought the enemies, all doors are open except the main entrance. I can not go back to another save game because I just have this one (trial of iron). What now? I don't remember having this problem (bug?) the last time I played the game.

Looks like a bug, I'm afraid.  Are any of the switches useable?  Usually they all go inactive when you press the switch that opens them all up.

Best advice I can give is to report this to the bug forum and see if Obsidian can find a way to fix this bug and allow you to keep playing this Trial of Iron save.

NOTE:  Not that this'll help, but this is one reason why I make backups of my ToI runs, just in case I run into a game breaking bug or map corruption issue. It breaks the spirit of the challenge a bit unless one is pretty disciplined about only using it when the game has bugged out on you.  But it beats wasting dozens of hours of game time. :(

• 2 years later...

The pathing is completely broken in this dungeon. I have Steam version updated to whatever is current as of date of posting. My party members started walking through the walls in this dungeon, and I had a hell of a time trying to get them pathed back out to the entrance. I had to move them 1 by 1 and it was mostly trial and error trying to see where they could or couldn't walk. At one point one of my party walked to the center and looted the items without triggering anything. Later another of my party got trapped in the center and triggered the encounter by herself. This was an atrocious dungeon.

On 9/27/2020 at 2:03 PM, Ignotus said:

At one point one of my party walked to the center and looted the items without triggering anything. Later another of my party got trapped in the center and triggered the encounter by herself.

fyi, it's not looting that triggers the encounter, there's a button on the wall that opens all the doors in this dungeon which does trigger the encounter. if you have figured out a way through the dungeon without closing off any paths, strictly speaking you don't even need to press the button and you can get out of there without a fight.