What do you want to see in the franchise

I think the Watcher's story is done, and would like to retire them or maybe do an expansion where you kill the gods or something. Getting knocked down to level 1 again would be dumb.

I'd like to see a trilogy that goes from Wild West/Industrial to Modern/Near Future to Space Age settings within Eora, all with different protagonists who don't necessarily have anything to do with one another and adjusting mechanics to accomodate new technology and the changing setting.

I actually think it'd be really cool to do something like that, but with a connection between protagonists--with the second game starting off with you being Awakened as the reincarnation of the protagonist of the first game, and the third game having you Awaken with the the past lives of both the second and first protagonist. Not the same person, not at all...but with the same soul.

• Like 2

I think the Watcher's story is done, and would like to retire them or maybe do an expansion where you kill the gods or something. Getting knocked down to level 1 again would be dumb.

I'd like to see a trilogy that goes from Wild West/Industrial to Modern/Near Future to Space Age settings within Eora, all with different protagonists who don't necessarily have anything to do with one another and adjusting mechanics to accomodate new technology and the changing setting.

I actually think it'd be really cool to do something like that, but with a connection between protagonists--with the second game starting off with you being Awakened as the reincarnation of the protagonist of the first game, and the third game having you Awaken with the the past lives of both the second and first protagonist. Not the same person, not at all...but with the same soul.

I was thinking something similar, but I either want it to be more low key or really tie into it, like you're hunting down the same person or conflicting with the same organization. Mostly though I want to see Eora evolve beyond the current setting and showcase the world changing. And also do weird stuff like beating up scabs with a Brawler or foiling a megacorp's plan to make a god out the board of directors or fighting an undead fleet in space.
  • Like 1

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands

I want more gloomy and grim athmosphere, a dark european fantasy ambience maybe in Aedyran Empire.

I want so much an epic MAIN STORY with twists and A VERY CHARISMATIC VILAIN, a good story is a story with a good vilain.

Edited by DaKatarn

Do you read Brandon Sanderson? The second Mistborn "trilogy" has a Wild West setting. The third one will be modern and the fourth in space.

Sign me up for anything like that in a game.

sign.jpg

-An epic close to the watcher of Caed Nua

-More Torment/PoEI-like

-Companions that are real but also interesting, most of them are regular alike non-interesting real world people (on situations, ideas, personality, psychology) on Eora. And that is ok for a book where you can go deep on those common components of a regular person and give/dig on its importance. Or for a few that have other components, Eder for example has that he has nothing really on his character, he is just a guy, and that is his thing as an companion/object/element of the game.

-Just one/two companion highly connected to most/all factions

-Durance

-Zahua

-Ixamitl Plains

-Zero-combat paths

-High moddability

I want to see the Living Lands.

Adding to this, given the whole 'mysterious and largely unexplored untamed land' vibes the descriptions of the area are giving off, the region has major potential for gameplay concepts that have been rarely touched upon, if at all.

I have a fairly radical idea in particular. Consider that PoE1 and 2 have largely focused on Eothas, Magran, Berath, and Ondra. My idea for a theoretical PoE3 taking place in the Living Lands would shift the focus towards Wael, Galawain, Skaen, and Woedica. Wael especially, being the god of mysteries, dreams, and time.

At this point, it seems people may be getting tired of the Watcher taking center stage, but it seems critical that we stick with them for at least one more game, given what happened at the end of 2. It's also not too much of a stretch to believe that a series of events in the past may have led to the current state of the Living Lands. The twist would be that we get to create TWO main characters - the Watcher in the present time, and one of the Watcher's awakened past selves who explains what happened through their dreams, if the Watcher allows them to. This also means that we'd have to manage two different parties, which means a minimum of 8 companions. Switching between the parties is done via resting.

With a setup like that, this allows the player to make decisions with the past self that can alter exploration for the Watcher in the present day. For example, let's say in one of the past regions of the Living Lands, the past self has to choose between releasing a large dam or leaving it shut. (The dam itself in the present day would be in a state where the Watcher can't operate the controls themselves.)

- Releasing it results in the lake above being transformed into a small river in the present day that can be easily crossed on foot, opening access to an optional area from the Watcher's side earlier than usual (as well as introducing combat encounters into the area). The forest below turns into an open marshland, dramatically changing combat encounters.

- Leaving it shut has the lake remain as is, preventing the Watcher's party from crossing to the other side until later in the game, but provides a bounty of resources for whatever base-building mechanic such a theoretical game could have. Combat encounters in the forest below would emphasize line of sight and choke points compared to the open space and areas of slower movement that the previous option has, along with the enemies changing across both scenarios.

Of course, there would also be interactions like the past self leaving items in treasure chests alone for the Watcher's party to find in the present day. Or to go a step further, maybe the past self finds a golem/necromancer/godlike of some sort, and certain choices with them may lead to them reappearing in the present day as a potential companion for the Watcher.

The two main characters would have unique quirks. The Watcher has their Watcher powers as usual. With the present-day region being sparsely populated and teeming with unknown enemies, the Watcher's side of the story would have more mandatory combat situations. The past self does not have the luxury of being able to peer into souls. They'd have to find other means of obtaining information, which means their civil skills are given greater emphasis. Obviously, there wouldn't be as much combat on the past self's side (which works out, since as explained earlier, the past self can indirectly send some equipment over to the Watcher's side).

The problem is, I'm not sure how such a setting could tie into figuring out any solutions for the state of the world at the end of 2. It also comes with the major problem that this is a one-way system, as the Watcher's progression would be largely gated by the past self's own progression (the Watcher wouldn't be allowed to enter the areas that the past self has a direct hand in altering until after the past self has shown the Watcher exactly what happened, or else there will be continuity problems), with no logical way for the Watcher to affect the past self's world in return. However, this opens the setting for a large degree of experimentation and replay-ability, both narrative-wise and combat-wise.

Edited by Saito Hikari
  • Like 1

I'd really prefer to see an Eora-set game that wasn't a continuation of the PoE plot. Similar to Icewind Dale's relationship to Baldur's Gate, or New Vegas's relationship to the Fallout series.

But New Vegas is the true continuation to Fallout series, unlike Fallout 3 an 4 xD

• Like 1

giphy.gif

Wouldn't mind a visit to the Living Lands, though I really just want more player choice. More ways to resolve quests and conversations. 

For example, in the beginning of Deadfire instead walking towards Berath you can decide to go back the way you came, returning as a fampyr. That way there is some sort of middle ground between becoming a god's pet or dying. 

Actually, another thing I'd like to have in a future game is player-specific flavor-text. If my character is from Old Vailia than the options I have to choose from would have Vailian words, etc. 

What do you rally want to see in an other POE Game, even if you know it will never happen.

Personally I want the Lagufeth and Naga as new playable races, at least few of those can actually speak Aedyran. It would be fun to expirence Eora as a non-Kith.

First I would like the physical rewards I am due for this game.  Then I will let them worry about the next one. 

Edited by Townsendvol

Third part of Trilogy, somewhere in Aedyr Empire. With timeline moved forward to Soul-Punk. The last Watcher mission is to envoy some diplomacy, to stop nations from killing each other, and instead focus resources on fixing what has been broken. Once kiths achieve full adra understanding the new era begins, and Watcher dies.Or we enslave the Kiths and just ascend into godstatus since you cant really be good without opportunity to be ahole.

And then move on. Freezing IP for some time. Possibly doing some space opera crpg or spiritual succesor of Vampire Bloodlines.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

Third part of Trilogy, somewhere in Aedyr Empire. With timeline moved forward to Soul-Punk. The last Watcher mission is to envoy some diplomacy, to stop nations from killing each other, and instead focus resources on fixing what has been broken. Once kiths achieve full adra understanding the new era begins, and Watcher dies.Or we enslave the Kiths and just ascend into godstatus since you cant really be good without opportunity to be ahole.

And then move on. Freezing IP for some time. Possibly doing some space opera crpg or spiritual succesor of Vampire Bloodlines.

I definitely want to see a Sci Fi RPG. Not necessarily from Obsidian, by anyone. SOMEONE OUT THERE ARE YOU LISTENING?!

But yeah, I think we need to move on soon. Not milk it to death.

• Like 1

nowt

Druid:

- New forms: Tree or a plant based, Dragon, Phoenix, Pixie (why not?)

- More plants spells

Priest:

- More Holy powers

Chanter:

- Songs spells? Chanter is more a summoner than a musicist buffer/debuffer.  Spells with musical effects!

- musical instruments as magic weapons

Wizard:

- more and more spells. I am not tired about spells.

Ranger:

- more pets and color option

Cipher:

- more spells right?

More godlike races playable.

:dragon:      :luck:  :sorcerer:

• Like 6

Ranger:

This should be easy to implement. At least for color variations. I made some suggestions in another thread:

- Bear: brown, black, polar

- Wolf: gray, white, brown, fox?

- Lion: lion, lioness, tiger, white tiger, black panther, young stelgaer

- Stag: stag, moose

- Antelope: antelope, ram

- Boar: different colors?

• Like 4

sign.jpg

1. Separate classes from occupation.

2. Take a look at Rule of cool's Legend and adapt their class structure (I don't think that would be an infringement of any sort? it uses OGL 1.0a license in any case). Basically, you have 3 groups of abilities (tracks) per character, which allows for easier “multi-classing” and higher customizability than pure class systems while remaining relatively less time-consuming than full classless. Tracks can be assigned different speeds of progression, if you think PoE needs that.

3. A pure mana-based class that doesn't require you to hit things with pointy sticks. I wouldn't mind that being priest, but I suspect not everyone will agree with me here. I also had an idea for that where lower level (relative to you current maximum) spells would give you mana, while higher level will cost it, but I'm not sure if it's actually workable. Basically,

cost = 0
if highest_spell_level_you_can_cast > 1 {
    cost = spell_level - floor(highest_spell_level_you_can_cast / 2)
}

This assumes that spells are free to cast when all you have is level 1 spells, although you might use the formula even if that's the case if that seems more reasonable. You'll have to have some starting mana each encounter, though (which isn't necessarily bad).

Maybe multiply cost by 10 if you need more granularity in case you need to be able to restore mana via different means (taking damage or something).

Pillars of Bugothas

Ranger:

This should be easy to implement. At least for color variations. I made some suggestions in another thread:

- Bear: brown, black, polar

- Wolf: gray, white, brown, fox?

- Lion: lion, lioness, tiger, white tiger, black panther, young stelgaer

- Stag: stag, moose

- Antelope: antelope, ram

- Boar: different colors?

Also a war hound/dog would be cool. Like the mabari from dragon age.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

I really liked both pillars 1 and pillars 2 . the world , culture and story i consider better than forgotten realms. But both pillars of eternity 1 and 2  needed priest of hylea (and perhaps abydon)  as a class option, or linking the kind wayfarers to hylea in some way.  eothas is too polemical and untrustworthy  and people who want a good priest/paladin character will prefer hylea to eothas . Pillars needed demons (linked to gods such as skaen, rymgand and woedica ,doing a function for these gods, )  and even more focus in animancy.  perhaps some faction that wanted to repeat the work of engwithians and build new gods,  heaven and hell for the souls, etc.   also, the interaction of the characters needed to be more symilar to baldurs gate. Maia should attack characters who sacrifice kana to skaen, for example. party characters which are good should attack the watcher if the watcher start mass killing people.  if the watcher mass kill a faction which the npc is ally, the companion of the faction should attack the watchwer.  a thing that also is in need is at least one evil , or borderline evil character in each game.

Edited by nouser

Instead of a main quest with many sidequest, it might be interesting to have just a main quest that is highly developed. Everything happens within the main quest. Companion quests lines etc. There can be major branches in story depending on previous choices. Basically all the cool stuff we already know and love but with more time to implement them because less is spent on side quests.

if the watcher mass kill a faction which the npc is ally, the companion of the faction should attack the watchwer.

What really annoyed me was that Pallegina didn't even react, when I found out that the VTC is involved in slave trade. But she was really angry when I accidentally slaughtered the Bardattos and even more when I refused to do the main quest with the VTC (which should be kind of understandable under that circumstances, even for her).

• Like 2

---

We're all doomed

if the watcher mass kill a faction which the npc is ally, the companion of the faction should attack the watchwer.

What really annoyed me was that Pallegina didn't even react, when I found out that the VTC is involved in slave trade. But she was really angry when I accidentally slaughtered the Bardattos and even more when I refused to do the main quest with the VTC (which should be kind of understandable under that circumstances, even for her).

It's also annoying because the entire crux of her arc in the first game is that of pitting the "right thing to do" against the "interests of the Republics". In this particular case it isn't even in the interests of the *Republics* per se, but those of a single bureaucrat who's engaging in illicit affairs on the side, so why wouldn't she raise concerns at all? Whereas the Pallegina of the first game openly condemned and combatted actions by the Ducs and her superiors, here she just feels sycophantic.

My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/alephg

Currently playing: Roadwarden