What do you want to see in the franchise

What do you rally want to see in an other POE Game, even if you know it will never happen.

Personally I want the Lagufeth and Naga as new playable races, at least few of those can actually speak Aedyran. It would be fun to expirence Eora as a non-Kith.

Edited by Dodo00d
  • Like 3

Ogres seem to be generally accepted.

• Like 2

Everyone knows Science Fiction is really cool. You know what PoE really needs? Spaceships! There isn't any game that wouldn't be improved by a space combat minigame. Adding one to PoE would send sales skyrocketing, and ensure the game was remembered for all time!!!!!

well..

what I wanted to see in POE2 as it is...could be used for POE3 . 

EXPLOSION!...

I mean..*ahem*...tensions! suspense! inpending Doom and Glooom! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE! THEE MONSTER IS COMING! 

Soo..in short , a gripping story . Where the 'WTH is HAPPENING?!?' can be seen and felt . 

I mean imagine..if on the world map that we have...

we can see the green giant , and ships from all factions hammering at it with their ships . And he is sinking them like they are candy ? and kicking ships away..and hear 'WAHHHHHHHHHH! *Incoherent screaming *' and you go 'Wow...he is really cranky huh ?'' and Xoti goes 'I love you Eotha  :wub:

Meanwhile , you still have to do side quest cose you were hired since day 1 by FEDEX! Like seriously...them banana are needed by the Huana.....y'know ! 

I think I forgot my point there  :aiee:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Better optimization.  It runs fine for me but there are games that have way higher requirements that just run better.  I am no programmer, and no expert but (and maybe this is my rig which i guess is what makes this difficult) Fallout 4 runs at Ultra settings and runs like butter so I do not understand why POE 2 cannot.  Maybe this is a bad comparison I don't know :/

• Like 3

Have gun will travel.

Higher level powers (10+); transcendant souls (become a divine creature of some sort); unique magical forms (necromancy; crystalmancy; shadowmancy, &c.); more potent enemies; new environments; different strongholds for different PC classes; magical ammunition; sandbox environments; flying/swimming/underwater action; modding toolset. 8)

"It has just been discovered that research causes cancer in rats."

I'd really prefer to see an Eora-set game that wasn't a continuation of the PoE plot. Similar to Icewind Dale's relationship to Baldur's Gate, or New Vegas's relationship to the Fallout series. I think churning the same plot and same themes is already starting to show diminishing returns in Deadfire's story. But the good thing is, Obsidian has done an excellent job world building and creating interesting gameplay systems.

• Like 3

I want to see a Sci-Fi spinoff that takes place thousands of years in the future...a time when electromagnetic technology is sophisticated enough to rival magic powerwise. I want to see an "Arcanum style" conflict between the magic of the old world and the technology of the new world. In Eora. They could call it Pillars of Infinity.

• Like 1

More of that sneaking and stealing and find clever solutions stuff. Utility spells/creative use cases for out of combat spells. And more interactive objects like those barrels and amphoras. All in all: More Deadfire.

• Like 4

---

We're all doomed

I want to see well done companions , this everyone have a Heart of Gold get pretty boring , pretty fast , the pirate guy , the hitgirl , all Golden heart creatures , go as far as your PC saying to Maia you sacrificed her brother to the blood pool and she does nothing ... Really ?

Where are the lovable bastards , the cold killers ? Where are the HK-47's , Edwin's , Viconia's , Bishop's , Morte's  ..... It's like developers are afraid someone get offended by making evil companions , so now all companions have a pure soul , it's really bland and boring .....

• Like 6

I want to see well done companions , this everyone have a Heart of Gold get pretty boring , pretty fast , the pirate guy , the hitgirl , all Golden heart creatures , go as far as your PC saying to Maia you sacrificed her brother to the blood pool and she does nothing ... Really ?

I wouldn't say it's nothing.

Maia is incredibly dutiful to Ruatai, and will put up with damn near anything to protect them and serve her nation, but she tells you flat-out that when this is dealt with, she's going to murder you.

• Like 5

Ok, I want to see the Living Lands too. And maybe Rekke's homeland.

Also, this:

More of that sneaking and stealing and find clever solutions stuff. Utility spells/creative use cases for out of combat spells. And more interactive objects like those barrels and amphoras. All in all: More Deadfire.

This:

Where are the lovable bastards , the cold killers ? Where are the HK-47's , Edwin's , Viconia's , Bishop's , Morte's  ..... It's like developers are afraid someone get offended by making evil companions , so now all companions have a pure soul , it's really bland and boring .....

Seriously, I wouldn't mind having all of the companions trying to betray or backstab me if it suits them.

Oh, and definitely, this:

Maia is incredibly dutiful to Ruatai, and will put up with damn near anything to protect them and serve her nation, but she tells you flat-out that when this is dealt with, she's going to murder you.

sign.jpg

If they make a sequel I'd like for the ruleset to stay largely unchanged. Add some new races, maybe some new subclasses, but keep Deadfire's foundation.

As for story / setting -- I'd prefer a fresh start, separate from the Watcher story, and I want to see The Living Lands. I wouldn't be opposed to them adding some cool management type mini-game, like the ship, if it fits the setting. I quite like the ship, including the combat.

• Like 4

Shadow Thief of the Obsidian Order

My Backloggery

That's why Durance was probably the best party member in the first game.

• Like 3

nowt

I want to see a Sci-Fi spinoff that takes place thousands of years in the future...a time when electromagnetic technology is sophisticated enough to rival magic powerwise. I want to see an "Arcanum style" conflict between the magic of the old world and the technology of the new world. In Eora. They could call it Pillars of Infinity.

Torment: Tides of Numenera fits your query just about perfectly.

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

But that game is complete garbage, don't compare it to POE.

• Like 1

that game was good...

The only two things I didn't like , was the ending and how it was compared to Planescape Torment . 

It was a nice try , but it sure like hell...was nowhere to Planescape Torment Level story wise . 

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

that game was good...

The only two things I didn't like , was the ending and how it was compared to Planescape Torment . 

It was a nice try , but it sure like hell...was nowhere to Planescape Torment Level story wise . 

Agreed, take away the fact that it tried to be a Torment successor and you have a good (not great, but good nonetheless) game with strong potential that just didn't transfer 100% of its potential to the actual game. When you look at it in a vacuum, no ties to Torment, it's fine by me.

• Like 1

If my post hasn't been edited yet, I'm still looking to find the error I made typing it.

that game was good...

Agreed, take away the fact that it tried to be a Torment successor and you have a good (not great, but good nonetheless) game with strong potential that just didn't transfer 100% of its potential to the actual game. When you look at it in a vacuum, no ties to Torment, it's fine by me.

a garbage game is a game that fail on all front..story..combat....mechanic...everything pretty much . 

I actually liked the story , but yeah..it was missing alot that planescape torment did . 

I think the comparaison with planescape hurt that game more then it did good . 

Elderly Hive Dweller

I think the Watcher's story is done, and would like to retire them or maybe do an expansion where you kill the gods or something. Getting knocked down to level 1 again would be dumb.

I'd like to see a trilogy that goes from Wild West/Industrial to Modern/Near Future to Space Age settings within Eora, all with different protagonists who don't necessarily have anything to do with one another and adjusting mechanics to accomodate new technology and the changing setting.

"Akiva Goldsman and Alex Kurtzman run the 21st century version of MK ULTRA." - majestic

"I'm gonna hunt you down so that I can slap you square in the mouth." - Bartimaeus

"Without individual thinking you can't notice the plot holes." - InsaneCommander

"Just feed off the suffering of gamers." - Malcador

"You are calling my taste crap." -Hurlshort

"thankfully it seems like the creators like Hungary less this time around." - Sarex

"Don't forget the wakame, dumbass" -Keyrock

"Are you trolling or just being inadvertently nonsensical?' -Pidesco

"we have already been forced to admit you are at least human" - uuuhhii

"I refuse to buy from non-woke businesses" - HoonDing

"feral camels are now considered a pest" - Gorth

"Melkathi is known to be an overly critical grumpy person" - Melkathi

"Oddly enough Sanderson was a lot more direct despite being a Mormon" - Zoraptor

"I found it greatly disturbing to scroll through my cartoon's halfing selection of genitalias." - Wormerine

"Am I phrasing in the most negative light for them? Yes, but it's not untrue." - ShadySands