Putting aside practicality and whether it's actually worth it to do so, how ridiculous can we make the core monk ability? I'm curious.

9 + 1 Prestige + 3 Death's Usher gets us to a baseline of PL 13 with a death godlike monk while near death. We can get any of several boosts for elemental abilities via Lightning Strikes and Turning Wheel, but afaik those won't apply to Transcendent Strikes itself. What other PL increases are available?

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

In theory (I haven’t tested), +1 from giving souls to Woedica at the end of PoE.

Of course, +1 from Nature Godlike too.

Edited by AndreaColombo

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Stone of power is nerfed in 1.1, as is Nature godlike.  Also People mention the Woedica buff but I haven't figured out how to get it using custom history.  I know just dedicating the souls to Woedica isn't enough, do you have to swear to Woedica as well?  I guess I'll try that with my next character.

Stone of power is nerfed in 1.1, as is Nature godlike.  Also People mention the Woedica buff but I haven't figured out how to get it using custom history.  I know just dedicating the souls to Woedica isn't enough, do you have to swear to Woedica as well?  I guess I'll try that with my next character.

You can't pledge to Woedica, but I saw the option to not pledge at all (was it even possible?)

How much is the necklace of power nerf? Down to +1? That would get us to ... 22 with a potion of ascension, food, necklace, death's usher, and an intellect inspiration. Pretty cool.

Given the Woedica buff doesn't appear to be achievable, I suspect it's cut content.

You can't pledge to Woedica, but I saw the option to not pledge at all (was it even possible?)

IIRC the gods will still help you get to Sun In Shadow even without making a promise to any of them, so long as you do one of their quests in satisfactory fashion. You just won't get a relevant boon.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

• 1 month later...

I'm also interested in this. Transcendent Suffering increments at even power levels and is 15% damage, 4 accuracy, and 1 pen per level. For convenience:

• PL 6 - 50%, 14 acc, 4 pen
  • PL 8 - 65%,  18 acc, 5 pen
  • PL 10 - 80%, 22 acc, 6 pen
  • PL 12 - 95%, 26 acc, 7 pen
  • PL 14 - 110%, 30 acc, 8 pen
  • PL 16 - 125%,  34 acc, 9 pen

I've checked up to PL16 using console commands (giving a nature godlike the death godlike passive and activating both). For a single class monk it's relatively straightforward to get 10 (take Prestige) and 12 (add Potion of Ascension). A Death Godlike when near death can hit 14 using an Acute buff, Hot Razor Skewers or a Stone of Power but I don't consider that reliable. What I'm looking for is a way to get a Nature Godlike one more PL beyond Potion of Ascension, which is reliably at 13 PL. Litany of Spirit, Hot Razor Skewers, and Stone of Power all seem to be suppressed by the potion.

Edited by grayrest