So the thing is, I'm really fond of mass tank parties with lots of healing available. Outlast anything. Except when I run into enemies that also have access to unlimited healing. While nothing in Deadfire has been able to beat me at outlasting, or reach a stalemate against me, I like to plan for the possibility that something in a DLC might. Therefore I am looking for ways to cause Sickened, Weakened or better yet, Enfeebled. Anything you know, mention it. I only got a chant on my list right now.

Edited by omgFIREBALLS

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

Wizards and Druids have the most options. 

Sickened:  Fetid Caress, Noxious Burst, R's Repulsive Visage, Vile Thorns

Weakened:  R's Enervating Terror, Spreading Plague, Wall of Thorns, Venombloom

Probably more, too. 

• Like 1

Cheers! Am I correct in thinking that Bleak Walkers don't need to beat a fortitude check to land theirs?

Anyone know of items that can do it?

My Deadfire mods

Here are those I can check in my save:

Arquebus: Blightheart (from some swamp ruins in the swamp quest island) gives Blightshot, an ability that causes Weakened (-50% heal)

Mace: Bardatto's Luxury (from the Bardatto bank I think) gives 5-10% chance to Sicken on hit

Saber: Min's Fortune (from the Old City Ruins) gives a chance on crit to inflict a random affliction, so could be a Con one

Flail: Skullcrusher: inflicts wounds on empower, could be a healing reduction wound

Armor: Effigy's Husk: aura that reduces healing of enemies by 50% when wearer is bloodied, can be upgraded to inflict random afflictions on attacker when being critically hit

...aaaaand that's all I have. I might have missed a few

• Like 1

Cipher Secret Horrors (PL 2 or 3): causes Sickened and Frightened. This is the main AoE debuff used in Sin Tee's Barbarian/Cipher Serafen build (on youtube). It fits really nicely with your theme of outlasting your opponent, since cipher resources (like chanter's) are renewable.

Edited by TheMetaphysician

Monks and chanter's both can cause weakened passively, chanter's in an AoE with a phrase, Monk's with crits on their attacks.  It should be kind of a no brainer for monks to take enervating blows if they use their active skills too because a lot of them target fortitude.

Spreading Plague is an option.  It gives weakness and hobbled which could help spell accuracy later.  Either Priest (with subclass) or Druid can access it at tier 3 which is one of the likely classes you want anyway to outlast enemies.  It has a huge range because it jumps 5 times with a 10m distance for each.  It also hobbles for good measure.  It only has a 15 second base duration, but it is considered a "poison" spell which means it benefits greatly from alchemy (not sure if this was changed in 1.1).  Each point of alchemy adds 1 power level to the spell, which translates to 5% extra duration per point of alchemy.  So, 20 alchemy buffs duration by 200%.  I think "jumps" are also increased for every 2 power levels, so basically this hits every single enemy regardless of where they are.  I don't really know how jump mechanics work.  If you have 15 jumps and 5 enemies, can the same enemy get hit with it multiple times?  If so, that could solve the accuracy issues.

It does target fortitude which can be hard to hit, but I think most things that will cause weakened rolls against fortitude.  It is considered "disease", which some enemies might be immune to (example: constructs, elementals, some undead), but those are not the ones self-healing anyway.

I agree with others that chanter phrase is probably among the most effective.  It is passive, decent size AOE, and keeps getting applied over and over so it is not a big deal if an accuracy roll misses.... and misses happen a lot in this game when it comes to spells.  Particularly effective with brisk recitation since you can get the accuracy rolls twice as fast, if needed.

Edited by Braven

Cheers again. It seems I'll need to make very few adjustments considering my party is already 2 heralds and 3 crusaders.

My Deadfire mods