I feel like teammates we leave behind fall off in terms of XP far more harshly than in Pillars. With only five active party members and lack of stronghold adventures, people I didn't take along so often can be two or three levels behind when I do pick them. Is there any reason everyone in the team doesn't just share the Watcher's XP gain?

I know in the first game you could toggle them leveling up with you in the options menu. Not sure about this one. I'm not seeing an option like that in the menu(although there IS one for being able to control their leveling up to match your level when you first recruit them...which would have been nice to know BEFORE I got them all but hey now I know for next time right?). If there isn't one that would be weird. Although what difficulty are you on? I know sometimes games like this will allow your party to level alongside you on lower difficulties but only the ones that adventure with you on higher ones/

Yeah in POE 1 companions left behind would fall 1 level behind.

In POE 2 have had as much as 4-5 levels behind by very late game. As the game is currently not big issue as games not challenging but if they manage to balance game this will cause any team members left behind might as well not be reused.

Idea in first game was so that all team could be used at at time and non would be underleveled. In POE 2 4-5 levels will create suicide squad if its not changed with balancing they are doing.

I had companions be 1 level behind at the most. 

To give you idea of how bad it is That play through my character was level 19 and and most those companions sidekicks etc are level 16 and Mia as you can see is level 15. 

I have had worse but trying find not easy as am have done 2 full run throughts. Loading saves rather tediously boring.

Honestly really should never be more then 1 level as way to damaging to have way underlevel companions etc in balanced game.

post-185653-0-90031300-1528192920_thumb.jpg

post-185653-0-57363900-1528192960_thumb.jpg

post-185653-0-79493600-1528192990_thumb.jpg

post-185653-0-43017100-1528193022_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stephen Unsworth-Mitchell
  • Like 3

you can use the console mod over on nexus mods to individually adjust the experience of each party member.

among many, many other things.  I've used it to totally make custom classes for companions (my Serafen is an assassin/beguiler for example), and fix bugs on items and buggy effects on characters.

I highly recommend it.

just google for Pillar of eternity 2 console mod nexus

• Like 1

There are people who do not want to cheat.

People want in a legitimate run, switch at low cost.

If you are level 5 VS 9, it is crucial...

Plus, if you add to this, this stupid gap between official and hired companion... Perhaps 5-6 levels of difference.

Edited by theBalthazar
  • Like 2

To give you idea of how bad it is That play through my character was level 19 and and most those companions sidekicks etc are level 16 and Mia as you can see is level 15. 

I have had worse but trying find not easy as am have done 2 full run throughts. Loading saves rather tediously boring.

Honestly really should never be more then 1 level as way to damaging to have way underlevel companions etc in balanced game.

Thx. Curious. Does any one know how the xp fo idle character is calculated? I see you have sidekicks and a mercenary. I never bother level sidekicks up and made no mercenaries. Maybe the more people you recruit the less xp every idle individual gains?

It certainly seems like too much of a difference.

Thx. Curious. Does any one know how the xp fo idle character is calculated? I see you have sidekicks and a mercenary. I never bother level sidekicks up and made no mercenaries. Maybe the more people you recruit the less xp every idle individual gains?

It certainly seems like too much of a difference.

Not sure how its working.

Yes I did merc just get the B blessing points. That said just because hired merc shouldn't mean merc falls that many levels behind. Sidekicks to.

As for companions only, they seem fall behind, but on couple level ups noticed they end up multiple level up. So not sure what's happening with companions that fall behind.

POE 1 was much easier everything stayed with in 1 level and if not used someone for while you had level up soon you choose them.

In Deadfire, you mean? In Pillars 1 it was probably due to stronghold adventures, but I have no clue how it'd happen in Deadfire.

Yeah, in Deadfire. My Serafen is like a level higher than my PC, I can post screenshots later if you want. I've actually had it happen on two different playthroughs.

What i did was:

Do as much of the starting island as you can with a minimal party, on PotD. Sneak past the Gorecci Street looters and do the beating quest before recruiting Xoti, etc. Go to neketaka, do all the noncombat neketaka quests, do Fort Deadlight, do Serafen's personal quest. 

edit:

here are screenshots when first arriving at Queen's Berth docks -- note that Serafen has markedly more XP than the PC:

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927059856605229049/D1D35B06B86B170F32E06B9B30FBE342F200508B/

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/927059856605229775/0D0B4A09D3246AAA7B9C9517DD6F5C8F28962688/

Edited by Dr. Hieronymous Alloy