Ruasare Bug?

Myetel

Question

I've been given the quest by Aeldys to wipe out the slavers. The pirate captain helpfully suggested enlisting Rusasare's people.

No matter how I start the conversation with Ruasare--talking on behalf of the Queen of Neketaka (yep, on that quest at the same time) or starting by talking about the slavers, specifically stating "Hey, I want to kill slavers, and I understand we could be allies," I wind up at two conversational options:

1. Why do you need outside help?

2. This isn't my fight, let me reconsider.

Choosing option 1 circles me right back to the same two choices. Endless loop. The only way to get out of the dialog is is select 2, upsetting Ruasare and ending the entire dialogue with a "a poor beginning, curry our favor before we'll consider helping you in the future."

Is this actually how this is supposed to play out? Because if I've arrived there for the specific purpose of working with them to fight slavers, have asked to ally with them, it seems incredibly unlikely that I'd say wait, no, this isn't my fight after all! Which is what the dialogue is forcing me into.

3 answers to this question