[1.1 beta] poison bugs

Loren Tyr

Question

I encountered two bugs with poisons: when hitting an enemy with the poison, the tool tip in the combat log now says "0 Crush/Burn/whatever damage per 3 seconds" rather than the proper amount (I tried with Stone Joint and Scorching Venom, but presumably it applies to all). The might bonus is also applied twice now, first when setting the DoT and again when applying it (essentially squaring the might bonus). Not that I mind exactly given my character's propensity for filling everything in sight with poison, but this didn't happen before (the might bonus was then applied only when the DoT hit, as I recall). 

A third issue, though this was present already: the description of the poison effect when you click on it only shows the base damage and other effects, and doesn't account for Alchemy skill (or might) bonus. 

Edited by Loren Tyr
  • Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hey All,

Our QA was able to get this issue to reproduce in house and it is bugged for the devs to fix. Thank you very much for bringing this issue to our attention!

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I noticed all dots (even from abilities) are show as 0 dmg in the combat log.

Rogue ability tooltip for dots are inacurate too since launch. They never show the scaling, lot of time the total dmg is wrong if it show at all. Toxic strike is said to build up dmg as time pass but you can't get the proper total dmg in the tool tip.

I would love to know in the tool tip if the dot stack at all or not, if you can build up the dmg of a specific dot or just better to use another ability/item.

As an update, I used some more dummy Rotghasts for target practice and it turns out the Might doesn't get applied twice, it seems that Stone Joint (and perhaps other poisons) just got a buff (+4 damage per point of alchemy, rather than +3). It just so happened in my earlier test that this coincided exactly (after rounding anyway) with the amount that would have gotten with applying Might twice. The 0 damage tooltip and the lack of scaling shown in the description are still an issue though.

@Takkik: at least for the poisons, I know those don't stack (of the same type anyway). Then again, Bleeding Cut on the battle axe does (it doesn't show as separate effects, but the damage definitely increases) and I think Deep Wounds as well, so it varies.