I wonder why the 4 PC types of godlike where chosen. The choices seem kind of random with regards to the story Magran is pretty important for the first POE and Berath is for the second, but the other two not so much. Also what god is the nature godlike even associated with my? My best guess is Galawain, and this is probably in the lore somewhere that I couldn't find. And why does Ondra get two very different types of godlike? 

Frankly, I don't care too much about the avalible types of godlike (although I have to admit, that godlike concept feels a bit underexploited - I would love to play Woedica or Skaen godlike). Hovever, I wonder why they are so ugly in PoE 2? In PoE 1 godlike had exotic, a bit unearthly appearance, now they look like kith with serious skin condition.

what do you mean by chosen ? 

I though godlikes , were touched by the gods . Which happen before one is even born . 

well..there is a reason..but it's a bit spoilery ..

Something about the gods eating the godlike in case they run out of powers . So kinda like a back up plan , is what the godlike are for them . Don't think Godlike know this though....

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

At least there is more interaction with godlikes, that is nice.

It would be nice to have more types of godlikes at some point. Like Iron Godlike, or Dawn Godlikes.

Unfortunetly being child of eoathas would be lore complicated.

Edited by evilcat
  • Like 1

At least there is more interaction with godlikes, that is nice.

It would be nice to have more types of godlikes at some point. Like Iron Godlike, or Dawn Godlikes.

Unfortunetly being child of eoathas would be lore complicated.

I wish they added the new ones we already have..

I would've been happy . And yeah..more is good ! I love Godlike!  :wub:

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

Iron Godlike

Not gonna lie, I'm just imagining a dude with an anvil for the top of their head here.

Racial trait: Your robes are fresh washed and creases-free.

But something like this could be more suitable for crpg:

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Iron Godlike

Not gonna lie, I'm just imagining a dude with an anvil for the top of their head here.

Racial trait: Your robes are fresh washed and creases-free.

But something like this could be more suitable for crpg:

hqdefault.jpg

Okay, now it's an anvil-headed dude with Taika Waititi's voice. >_>

• Like 1

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Iron Godlike

anvil_guy_by_buster126-d5kynbj.jpg

Credit where Credit is due: https://buster126.deviantart.com/art/Anvil-Guy-337539727

• Like 6

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Iron Godlike

anvil_guy_by_buster126-d5kynbj.jpg

Credit where Credit is due: https://buster126.deviantart.com/art/Anvil-Guy-337539727

So..that's how it look when someone wake up with a hang over  :lol:

Elderly Hive Dweller

what do you mean by chosen ? 

I though godlikes , were touched by the gods . Which happen before one is even born . 

well..there is a reason..but it's a bit spoilery ..

Something about the gods eating the godlike in case they run out of powers . So kinda like a back up plan , is what the godlike are for them . Don't think Godlike know this though....

I think what he meant was "Why did Obsidian pick the Godlike we can create to be playable?"  IE, why can't we make a MC Avian or Marine Godlike, which we have as companions?  Another option is a godlike from one of the other gods; Rymrgand & Abadon themed Godlike would be interesting to me.  It also seems like there's different variations of Godlike for the same god, IE Moon Godlike for the MC & Marine Godlike for Tekehu would both stem from Ondra, but apparently have different results.

Ultimately the answer is most likely "We didn't have enough time to put all the things we wanted in the game", or that is what it would boil down to in reality.
Edited by Seroster01

Sorry OP here. Yes I did mean the chosen by the game developers. I know the answer is probably that deciding what races were going in the game and what deities would have the most impact on the story were probably independent decisions. But if you look at the priest the gods they can choose seem to be pretty closely aligned with the ones that are central to the story and also Wael. 

I really have no clue though what god the nature godlike is tied to though. My best guess is Galawain, but that feels a little off. Anyways I'm glad I started this thread so I could see the anvil headed godlike of Abydon!

Edited by Jinjifra