Nemnok not giving me his quest

omgFIREBALLS

Question

Hey, so I've been experiencing this bug both on live and now the beta (technically different Watchers although built and played very similarly). Since it's still happening I guess it's not on the invisible list of minor fixes. After Nemnok is summoned, I get to say one line, then he ignores me and I can only press End Dialogue. If I approach him after that he talks as though I had agreed to get him grimoires, and I can exchange them for permission to loot the chests but my quest progress is stuck there.

See the screenshots. There is nothing happening between these other than me walking up to Nemnok and speaking to him manually.

Save file and output log here.

I might add that one difference I've noted is that on live, Nemnok's minions acted as though he were dead after our initial conversation. They were sad and disheartened. Now on beta they are dismissive towards me, which seems more appropriate.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

3 answers to this question

Hey omgFIREBALLS,

Thank you very much for your savegame and output.log! It really helps us get this issue investigated to see what choices are breaking this quest progression. Ill get this looked at from our end.

Best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

i'm experiencing the same issue, both on live and beta, i interact a bit with him then he turns friendly and the only dialogue options i have is "i'm still hunting for grimoires" while he didnt give me any quest

I have this bug as well. Loading the autosave from entering the room with Nemnok (accepted quest to save Kaali from the village) repeatedly to try new dialogue options. All with same result. Nemnok flies up from the pit and Kaali points towards the party then the dialogue event ends. I am unable to talk to Kaali at all and upon talking to Nemnok he greets the player as if they have met before with only dialogue options to ask him one question referring to the gods or to promise to bring him MORE grimoires (of which I cannot give regardless because I do not have a quest to do so). Essentially the only interaction available to me upon entering the chamber of Nemnok is to kill everyone in the room and loot the corpses/chests.

This is post most recent update. I have not encountered Nemnok before this latest update to collect data.

Edited by Omega Novaiois