Quick question, I just finished the first Island, sailing away now, and I thought the thought.... What happens if I go back and kill everyone in the towns/government/villages?

Should I just wait till the end of the game to go back and kill everyone? I know this sounds evil, and it surely is, but just wondering if you can do it without breaking the game.

Thanks!

• Like 1

well...alot of places you visit , show up in the ending slider . Like 'The watcher went to Kentuky , but someone stole his breech and he decided to kill everyone for them breeches...'' ...

Must be fancy breeches...

uh..what I was saying again ? oh yeah , so you probably get the breeches ending if you do  :lol:

• Like 4
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

yeah . Or it could..

I know some town (island) will show up and depanding on the quest you do..they can go good or bad . 

But....maybe there is a chance of your slider getting bugged . Because that first town does have quest that change approval . So if you kill everyone , the question is : will the game recognize that everyone is dead AFTER the approval and quest were done . 

The game won't break , at least..like doubt everyone will go hostile everywhere . But your slider will though . 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

When you kill off a quest-giver, quests for which they are crucial will appear and show as failed at the top left of the screen (even if you haven't received them yet I believe). There doesn't appear to be a way to "break" the crucial path of the game as even if you kill off every faction leader you can still follow Eothas to his final destination on your own.

Edited by Purudaya

Okay. And if I go through and clear out the quests in a town, and kill all the guards, I'm good to go? Just hated/have a bounty or something? Was thinking about getting far into the game and then going back and laying havoc on islands. Thanks for your guys' replies so far!

Just go for it if that's your thing. 

Bear in mind that it will lock you out of certain quests so the advantage of doing that may be short term. 

In all fairness there are more evil things to do than just slaughtering people IMHO but I won't blame you as I did complete my first run with a Watcher who took what he wanted when he wanted and didn't ask for permission from anyone. 

Sometimes it feels good to just let go. 

Putting points in Intimidation helps with roleplaying a murderous bastard. :)

• Like 1

Yeah my hope is to see the game through to the last few moments then go back and slaughter everyone once I've finished their quests, just for kicks.

I only killed some NPCs because I thought that they deserved it, but I never kill wantonly.

• Like 1