Has anyone run a multiclass modwyr berserker? If so, what was your second class? What did you think of it? What would you do differently? Even if you haven't run one, what doth your theorycrafting unveil to thou? I'm curious to hear folks' thoughts on the matter.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

Tried Streetfighter and Wizard (solo to level 15). Both play differently, or rather have different dis/advantages, and both, as I mentioned elsewhere, were brutal. Never got that far to upgrade Modwyr.

On Wizard do not spend (almost) any points because spells come from Llengrath's Martial Masteries and passives are not very good. This leaves enough points to spend on the amazing stuff Berserker has. 

On Streetfighter in similar fashion. The subclass is picked for damage and recovery reduction bonuses leaving points to spend on Berserker. 

Toyed with Paladin but have not got far enough to comment. 
Edited by knownastherat

I went for Marauder (Rogue - Streetfighter) for the maximum speed and damage.

When being Flanked or Bloodied Streetfighter gives -50% recovery and +50% to sneak attacks. When both +100% damage to crits.

Downside is +20% recovery time when not Flanked and not Bloodied.

This combo requires some micromanagement, but it's pretty fun.

Triggering Flanked is harder than it sounds even against swarms of opponent, so you might need to be creative on how to cause it. Firecrackers bomb (or special gloves that give 2 casts per rest) creates AoE that cause Distraced (-5 perception, Flanked) on everyone inside for 20+ seconds.

I start fights by throwing Berserker forward with Rogue dash and throw firecracker at same spot with another character. While Berserker activates Frenzy enemies come closer and recieve Distracted debuff too. This allows Marauder to deal sneak attacks with Streetfighter bonus applied.

You can also trigger Distracted by shooting blunderbus with modal or by getting perception resistance and wander in Ice Fog, downgrading Blinded to Distracted. It might be a neat combo, picking pale elf and letting wizard in party to spam Ice Fog all over place.

Few times, early in game I had my Marauder on brink of death in midst of enemies, but with necklace from Port Maju, which triggers on near death and gives -75% damage reduction and some healing Marauder toughed it out while dealing +100% damage crits with insane speed.

If you go with Priest in your party you might consider throwing Barring Death and 'Prolong beneficial effects' spells on Marauder if heat just getting too much for him. Strangely enough Distracted from Firecrackers count as beneficial effect, so it gets prolonged too as well by this spell.

Now, for offhand weapon I took Xoti's sickle for the speed boost from 'Harvest'. Full attacks from abilities have recovery of off-hand weapons, so quicker the offhand weapon - faster recovery.

Counting all - Frenzy, Bloodlust, Dual wield, Streetfighter and Blood Harvest I had recovery time less than a second on Xoti sickle. So you just spam Ankle cut, Finishing blow or Barbarian Blow almost every second until you out of ability points or enemies.

Spirit Frenzy triggers Staggered on enemies by Carnage AoE, making groups of enemies vulnerable to sneak attacks, which is pretty neat.

Edited by ErlKing
  • Like 1

You could also use Lord Darryn's Voulge, which applies Distracted in a wide radius on crit (after charging it with at least 1 hit). With Berserker Confusion, it provides Flanked, Distracted to the Berserker as well.

You could also use Lord Darryn's Voulge, which applies Distracted in a wide radius on crit (after charging it with at least 1 hit). With Berserker Confusion, it provides Flanked, Distracted to the Berserker as well.

Indeed, and bound to Berserker it gives (at least prior 1.1) 10% chance of Lightning Strikes on hit irrc. However, that rules out Modwyr at the same time.

Now, for offhand weapon I took Xoti's sickle for the speed boost from 'Harvest'. Full attacks from abilities have recovery of off-hand weapons, so quicker the offhand weapon - faster recovery.

That's good to know! Danke.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.