My first play through I couldn't resist the "Everything bad" back story option since I wasn't interested in importing a PC from PoE1. Did anyone else start with this?

Is there a list of implications of each back story option and how they affects the game?

Joe

I didn't . It said 'Not Recommanded'...

So..if you did , why not tell us what you saw different ? 

I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I'm trying my first run-through with another back story (the one assuming I adhered to Hylea's request on PoE) so I don't know the differences much yet. This is only my third playthrough. The only difference I have played far enough to notice is companion differences, like choosing between Maia and Pallegina (since no companions carried over there was no Pallegina). I am wondering if I will hit Berath's curse where I have to kill 75 things to get restored.

Someone elsewhere (and I may have misunderstood him) said that they chose a backstory that didn't have legendary armor and I was a bit confused or surprised or some combination there of. That's what really made me wonder what the differences would be.

The main reason I went with "Everything went pear shaped but you still pulled it off" was I wanted a difficulty that wasn't simply about harder battles. There is no imagination in that. I want the story itself to be harder, choices to make a bigger difference other than simply alliances.

(I went without any alliances the first time and I don't plan on alliances in the two playthroughs I am working through now. I didn't like any of the groups. They were all too corrupt for my PC. I was even ready to join Eothas and take on the other gods).

Joe

Edited by JFutral

I really expected more people to hate me, but that didn't seem to be the case. At most there may have been a snarky comment or two. This time through they seemed to be reserved more for Eder than me.

Joe

Edited by JFutral

that sound dissapointing . Then again , usually stuff like that...(we the player often expect ALOT of grieve and impact)..and as usual..the impact is very small . Like some dude that was bad showing up and redeeming himself (like fist in ME2) and you just wanna kill him again  :lol:

• Like 1
I'll bet ye've got all sorts o' barmy questions! (She mimics your heroic stance) Greetin's, I have some questions... can ye tell me about this place? Who's the Lady o' Pain? I'm lookin' fer the magic Girdle of Swank Iron, have ye seen it? Do ye know where a portal ta the 2,817th Plane o' the Abyss might be? Do ye know where the Holy Flamin' Frost-Brand Gronk-Slayin' Vorpal Hammer o' Woundin' an' Returnin' an' Shootin'-Lightnin'-Out-Yer-Bum is?

Elderly Hive Dweller

I am saving it for the deathgodlike, possible solo, I am a horrible person run.

Horrible person = Dark Times

Armed clown = Everything Bad

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

I really expected more people to hate me, but that didn't seem to be the case. 

They don't care and even know what did you do in Dyrwood.

A lot of people seem to think of the Dyrwood as a hillbilly backwards country and who cares what happens there.