Is there a moongod/ness?

Hmm.... it seems, that all of the 11 engwithans created godlike as a backupplan.

Buuut... to wich god/ness belong the moongodlike?

I thought it could be Ondra, because her connection to the moon, but Tekehu shows, that her godlike are fishy ones.

The avian godlike belongs to Hylea (tnx Aeon for pointing my mistake)

The fire to Magran, death to Berath (or/and Rymrgard and Gaun, as they stand for different aspecs of Death, tnx Heijoshin) nature to Galawan.

But the moongodlike? Could there be 12 gods? But at the wheel there were only 11alcovens...

Maybe the moongod was a protype and get destroyed as Indra smashed Abydins body?

Edited by Palas
  • Like 1

Wenn etwas auf facebook steht, dann muss es ja wahr sein! ;-)

I guess that if gods can govern multiple ideas, they can have multiple types of godlike. Though as someone pointed out, why the heck do we need 3 gods that represent death? (Berath, Rymrgand and Gaun). Maybe they can share the Death Godlike. 

And aren't there 13 alcoves? But only 10 bodies? I remember a thread talking about the mystery of who the other two bodies belong to, because we know where Abydon's is.

Interesting point, I'd forgotten about that. Perhaps some gods were killed off by the others at some point? Or they're saving one or two for some big reveal down the line in PoE3. 

I guess that if gods can govern multiple ideas, they can have multiple types of godlike. Though as someone pointed out, why the heck do we need 3 gods that represent death? (Berath, Rymrgand and Gaun). Maybe they can share the Death Godlike.

The three represent very different aspects of death. Berath is the cold inevitability of death, the beyond and the wheel itself. Rymrgand is entropic death and Gaun represents the cycle of death and rebirth. So they basically each manage a crucial, but necessary part of death, Berath commands the "the beyond" where souls go when they die and the mechanical function of the wheel. Rymrgand represents the gradual degradation of souls and their eventual oblivion. Gaun/Eothas represents the reincarnation cycle, where death gives way to new life. They represent opposing forces, so they have three gods to manage it, rather than one god trying to pull in different directions simultaneously.

The three represent very different aspects of death. Berath is the cold inevitability of death, the beyond and the wheel itself. Rymrgand is entropic death and Gaun represents the cycle of death and rebirth. So they basically each manage a crucial, but necessary part of death, Berath commands the "the beyond" where souls go when they die and the mechanical function of the wheel. Rymrgand represents the gradual degradation of souls and their eventual oblivion. Gaun/Eothas represents the reincarnation cycle, where death gives way to new life. They represent opposing forces, so they have three gods to manage it, rather than one god trying to pull in different directions simultaneously.

In addition, we know for a fact that different cultures worship the same gods under different names and with different aspects. The Huana see Ondra as Ngati, and Berath as a pair of eels eating each other. So there's a cultural component to all of this, as well.

Given that, it's probably safe to say that there are so many death gods because every culture is going to want at least one, but many cultures will disagree on what a death god is supposed to look and act like. In the right parts of Eora, even Galawain and Hylea probably get worshiped as death gods.

If I'm typing in red, it means I'm being sarcastic. But not this time.

Dark green, on the other hand, is for jokes and irony in general.

The difference between, for example, Berath and Eothas is like the difference between the Grim Reaper and a harvest God. One represent's the inevitability of death itself; the other has death as an aspect, but only as a result of actually being the god of the death/life *cycle*.

Hmm.. never thought about, that a god could have more than one kind of godlike. It could be.

But i don't think, that several gods share a special kind of godlike, if you think about, why the gods created them.

Wenn etwas auf facebook steht, dann muss es ja wahr sein! ;-)

Hmm.. never thought about, that a god could have more than one kind of godlike. It could be.

But i don't think, that several gods share a special kind of godlike, if you think about, why the gods created them.

Probably not. It's possible that one type of godlike is created by various gods, however.

Honestly, I preferred when it was an open question of whether the gods were even actually responsible for the godlike.

• Like 2

According to Obsidian's origional description of them each are unique "Godlike manifest their divine heritage in a variety of ways: wings, horns, strange birthmarks, talons, odd eyes - but they always manifest it somehow". It's just that in the game there are only so many heads and only godlike companins have unique models. So there may be no distinction between Tekehu and any other godlike of Ondra, he just may be more representative of her association with the sea than of her association with the moon. Or it could be that he comes from a land where Ondra is worshipped as a trickster sea goddess rather than a goddess of the moon and of the sea. Or maybe it is just because he really is her very special boy and so he has an extra special appearance.

As for why Fire, Nature, Moon and Death? I can see why it would be too much work to have a godlike for every god and I think maybe these ones are some of the easiest to represent in game whilst also actually being appealing to play as.

As for why Fire, Nature, Moon and Death? I can see why it would be too much work to have a godlike for every god and I think maybe these ones are some of the easiest to represent in game whilst also actually being appealing to play as.

"So we'll have the evil-looking ones, the pretty ones, the nature-y ones, and the ones who run around screaming 'MY HEAD IS ON FIYAH!' Sound good?"

Edited by gkathellar
  • Like 6