A question of respect

Does anyone have any ideas of how party-members respect will work.

We know that party-members will change their opinion of you as leader and that this can be modified by completing their individual quests.

Will we have a 'grand theft auto' type respect-o-metre'? Will charisma afftect how much they like you? Will a warrior be dissapointed if you choose the diplomatic path rather than a fight? Will persuade skill be used?

Any ideas?

Or any answers from the devs?

I hope this is somehow implemented.

I always thought it was kind of dumb how even after everyone found out you were Revan, they still thought they could take you.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Good topic. i would like to know this too.

Sorry no ideas of my own though. post-1139-1093541080.gif

Another great idea by the people who brought you beer milkshakes!

"I don't see a problem...then again, SW isn't my life, so what do I know...." - some who makes 27.8 post per day on a SW forum!

We know that party-members will change their opinion of you as leader and that this can be modified by completing their individual quests.

Will we have a 'grand theft auto' type respect-o-metre'? Will charisma afftect how much they like you?  Will a warrior be dissapointed if you choose thge diplomatic path rather than a fight? Will persuade skill be used?

Any ideas?

Yeah that's a very good question. It was ridiculous how lowly dark jedi really thought they could take even after slaughtering 100's of their brethren. I want Jedi to run in fear of me when I'm sighted.

Yeah that's a very good question.  It was ridiculous how lowly dark jedi really thought they could take even after slaughtering 100's of their brethren.  I want Jedi to run in fear of me when I'm sighted.

Or at the very least, make them visibly appear apprehensive about attacking Revan.

Lowly Sith: Y...y....you're Revan? Oh, uh....*shakily pulls out his lightsaber* I...I...can beat you!

Revan: Bring it *smirks*

Lowly Sith: *in a trembling voice* F..f...for the Sith!

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Having a question answered by the devs is like waiting for a bus.

You get no answers for a while, then loads turn up together.

Indeed. B) :blink:

Just because you're a bit thinner than your even fatter mum it doesn't mean you're in excellent physical shape, if you could fit through the door and view the normal people you'd notice that cheeseburger boy. Squid suck.

<snip>

Perhaps this should go into Akari's next Weekend Developer post. He probably would know if functions for this sort of thing have been built, but not necessarily which NPC's it would effect. From past discussions, we know that it will effect the characters you are travelling with, but no mention has been made about whether other NPC's will be effected. I suspect that would be a lot of work for little gain.

Galen

From what I have read in OXM your actions will determine your NPC's alignments and who will join you in the game. So if you are an uber dark side PC then you will corrupt the party members who fight along side of you and will attract like minded characters into your party. The game will allow you to have 10 characters max but the game will have more than ten characters that can join your party which means if you play LS you will have a different party than if you played DS. Also some characters wont follow you if you are LS or DS and will leave the party. So what it comes down to is check your characters alignments often and if your PC is all DS and one party member is still in the blue then you have some corrupting to do or some killing to do. I'm sure the persuade skill and perhaps mind trick will come into play when trying to get a good NPC to commit a horrific act ala Zaalbar killing Mission.

Cheers!

Will we have a 'grand theft auto' type respect-o-metre'? Will charisma afftect how much they like you?  Will a warrior be dissapointed if you choose the diplomatic path rather than a fight? Will persuade skill be used?

Any ideas?

Interesting question, i'm not aware if the devs have commented of this possible "feature".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Makes wonder about another question; is it possilbe, no matter what, that some characters can't be swayed? And it als makes me wonder, what happnes if your alignment is gray, does that mean you can recruit either light or dark?

I think I that some character's will only join you if they can tell if you have good/evil intention's. So if your neutral, they might not join you at all. :(:( But that's just my theory.

Ps: I hope this theory isn't true... :ph34r:

Makes wonder about another question; is it possilbe, no matter what, that some characters can't be swayed? And it als makes me wonder, what happnes if your alignment is gray, does that mean you can recruit either light or dark?

I think I that some character's will only join you if they can tell if you have good/evil intention's. So if your neutral, they might not join you at all. :(:( But that's just my theory.

I hope it is true. That'll teach people not to choose sides! See if you can go through the entire game by yourself. ;)

I hope it is true. That'll teach people not to choose sides! See if you can go through the entire game by yourself. ;)

:huh: <_< I ment I hope my theory isn't true, but I agree with what you said. :);)

Edit: Nevermind. Sorry. :(

I wonder how they are going to treat neutrality in TSL in general. It seems if you are grey it would also mean you couldn't become a prestige class. So maybe they fix this by making the grey part really small on your player alignment grid. Like having 48 points towards light 4 for neutral and 48 for dark? That way it would really be hard to stay neutral perhaps.

I imagine the party members actions will be something along the lines of BG/BG2. Your party members in those games would up and leave if they disagreed with your actions, insult each other, offer differing views on what to do according to their alignment, and even kill each other off.

As I recall, this was based on a system of reputation. Doing good and heroic deeds made the general populace regard you with respect, with the advantage of lowering the cost of equipment etc. On the other hand, being villanous caused you to be despised with the opposite effect on the people. If your rep fell too far, paladins would leave you or refuse to join, too high and evil NPCs would leave or refuse to join. Sound familiar?

I imagine the party members actions will be something along the lines of BG/BG2. Your party members in those games would up and leave if they disagreed with your actions, insult each other, offer differing views on what to do according to their alignment, and even kill each other off.

i do believe they are implementing the part about them leaving if ur 2 goody goody or too give me ur milk money(i also think they r fixin dark side so it isnt thugs tho i could be wrong)

the force is what gives a jedi his power. its an energy field created by all living things. it surrounds us and penetrates us. it binds the galaxy together