Man ive been hanging for this game to come out for so long and to be honest i was incredibly surpised when they announced the release date for early May.

Anyway i have decided to put off my playthrough untill the game is fully released after November.

The game not being complete along with the constant patches in between this period to when it is fully released i think will drive me bonkers to the point where i will stop enjoying it.

Dont get me wrong im not a hater, Deadfire is looking like it will probably be the second best game i have ever played in my life (after BG2)

Its just not IMO not worth playing at the moment due to the bugs, the game not being complete, and the constant changes issed through what seems to be very dramatic and significant pacthes

I live, I learn

See you all again in November when the game fully released and hopefully ready to play

bye!

Yes, this is wise. If you are bothered by the bugs, you should indeed wait a few months. There will be also iterations on balance. No point getting annoyed if you want a finished game.

It's fun to remind people that BG2's bug list included hundreds and hundreds of bugs, to such an extent that the fan community put out a mod specifically designed to fix the worst of them...which was still over a hundred bugs.

2bkcfu.jpg

Edited by Katarack21
  • Like 9

It's fun to remind people that BG2's bug list included hundreds and hundreds of bugs, to such an extent that the fan community put out a mod specifically designed to fix the worst of them...which was still over a hundred bugs.

Ah, but in the old days, there were no such things as patches, so you just lived with things ;)

See you later, Antman. 

• Like 2

Man ive been hanging for this game to come out for so long and to be honest i was incredibly surpised when they announced the release date for early May.

Anyway i have decided to put off my playthrough untill the game is fully released after November.

The game not being complete along with the constant patches in between this period to when it is fully released i think will drive me bonkers to the point where i will stop enjoying it.

Dont get me wrong im not a hater, Deadfire is looking like it will probably be the second best game i have ever played in my life (after BG2)

Its just not IMO not worth playing at the moment due to the bugs, the game not being complete, and the constant changes issed through what seems to be very dramatic and significant pacthes

I live, I learn

See you all again in November when the game fully released and hopefully ready to play

bye!

I don't really get the drama. But maybe this is the first cRPG you ever played. Cause this is pretty standard for games like this.

I've made one playthrough already and it was totally worth it and I didn't run into any game breaking bugs, nor did the game feel incomplete in any sense.

But whatever.

• Like 3

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox